.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Do you think you'd be able to tell the difference in a heart hit with a 77 grain 223 TMK and a 130 grain 6.5 TMK at the same velocity?
Would be interesting to see wouldn't it. Side by side gel tests of 69tmk, 77tmk, 130tmk, 168tmk, 195tmk. Maybe a test of each at various impact velocities, scale up from 1500fps to 3000fps or something like that.

just looking for a tikka 223?
Speaking of alternatives to the tikka 223... has anyone tried or had success with one of the kel tec bulpups? Like the rdb survival? 1/7 twist... wonder how a heavier bullet might do. Super compact package if it was accurate enough. Wonder how quiet it would be suppressed with the action so close to your face though...

Rooggvc

WKR
Keep in mind that Form also recommends the 75 gr ELDM as a good killer.

That‘s the bullet my stainless T3 Varmint likes.

I think it’s widely available.

P
Are you using the 75 ELDM in a .223? If so do they fit in the standard Tikka Magazine?

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Yeah, I never realized what I had until just an hour ago... when pnwgator taught me that I should be out there training my kids to be riflemen... mind blown! 🤣
There is a difference in teaching them to be a a rifleman vs a trigger presser.

Just sayin.

That would be pointless, none will be deaderer than any of the others
I will politely disagree. I think it would sober up some of the naysayers. My data points are substantially fewer than many folks here, but I can't tell the difference in a deer heart hit by a 115 grain 257 Partition and one hit by a 60 grain 223 Partition. Both are likely to turn the heart to mush and pass all the way through on a broadside shot on a 120 pound doe.

I will politely disagree. I think it would sober up some of the naysayers. My data points are substantially fewer than many folks here, but I can't tell the difference in a deer heart hit by a 115 grain 257 Partition and one hit by a 60 grain 223 Partition. Both are likely to turn the heart to mush and pass all the way through on a broadside shot on a 120 pound doe.

Also there are plenty of ballistic gel pictures out there that show the wound channels. Not a huge difference in the 308 168 gr TMK vs the 223 77 gr TMK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to see wouldn't it. Side by side gel tests of 69tmk, 77tmk, 130tmk, 168tmk, 195tmk. Maybe a test of each at various impact velocities, scale up from 1500fps to 3000fps or something like that.

There’s a guy on YouTube I found awhile back that does this kind of testing. Shoots the same bullets at a few different velocities into gel. Pretty interesting. I’ll see if I can find the channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk