Potential delay in Colorado wolf introduction

Aaron W

Lil-Rokslider
To verify, the bills will be on the agenda of the Appropriations Committee this Friday, April 14th. What happens here? What is the purpose?

“The Senate Appropriations Committee conducts hearings on bills that change expenditures or revenues and affect the budget.”

“for those bills that have previously had a hearing the Committee does not customarily take public testimony.”

Do we need to contact the Appropriations Committee? Is this an important part of the bill process?

ROKnROAL

FNG
As a Western Canadian, where wolves have always been prevalent, I really don’t get the hand-wringing and doom-sayers about wolves. We have huge herds of elk, plenty of deer and moose, in areas where wolves have been since the beginning of time. No bad effects whatsoever. Is the concern because it will be a new predator that the prey species will have no experience with, so they will be easy pickings which leads to reduced numbers? Livestock predation? I don’t get it. Plenty of cougars and sometimes grizzlies where these wolves are planned to be reintroduced, these should already show what predators do in the area.

Not trying to say who is right or wrong, just wondering why it is such a big issue compared to my experiences in a place where wolves are and always have been.

sistae93

FNG
As a Western Canadian, where wolves have always been prevalent, I really don’t get the hand-wringing and doom-sayers about wolves. We have huge herds of elk, plenty of deer and moose, in areas where wolves have been since the beginning of time. No bad effects whatsoever. Is the concern because it will be a new predator that the prey species will have no experience with, so they will be easy pickings which leads to reduced numbers? Livestock predation? I don’t get it. Plenty of cougars and sometimes grizzlies where these wolves are planned to be reintroduced, these should already show what predators do in the area.

Not trying to say who is right or wrong, just wondering why it is such a big issue compared to my experiences in a place where wolves are and always have been.
It's also surprising to me. Can't say I'm thoroughly read up on the actual research, but it seems that bringing ecosystems closer to how they existed for hundreds of thousands of years before the last 300 or so generally pans out well for the overall balance of wildlife we all appreciate so much.

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider

I think it would be different if we thought we had any chance of being allowed to manage them in the future.

Okhotnik

WKR
environmentalists use the EIS process to delay essential projects all the time - occasionally for decades. This is a great opportunity for hunters to use that same play.
Its a shame a very well funded public land supposedly for sportsmen won't do anything to help despite millions in their budget