Aspen Area and Gunnison to Montrose Corridor - likely for wolf release

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Why did they choose the Roaring Fork Valley/Aspen and not a place like RMNP? Seems ABSOLUTELY ideal to me. Instead we have people in Denver (guessing the majority of "yes" voters do not pay for conservation aka write CPW's paychecks) deciding for the biologists of CPW if wolves should be introduced to areas where they do not live. Yay democracy!

Maybe we should reintroduce grizzly and keep the yuppies out of the forest. Maybe then people will start carrying firearms in the woods and help backpedal our crap gun laws.

I just don't see the benefit of wolves, so someone please point me in the right direction here. This isn't the Yellowstone Ecosystem where the population density is an order of magnitude less and hunting is actually managed.

But, we are going to reach a breaking point with Colorado's broken tag system. Hunters will get pushed to other units that are already overburdened. Units will go to draw. This is just going to become an overbudget, mismanaged, cluster like the majority of "good idea fairy" government programs/initiatives.

Maybe a good outcome will be that wolves push elk around off private land and keep them on the move.

Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
Why did they choose the Roaring Fork Valley/Aspen and not a place like RMNP? Seems ABSOLUTELY ideal to me. Instead we have people in Denver (guessing the majority of "yes" voters do not pay for conservation aka write CPW's paychecks) deciding for the biologists of CPW if wolves should be introduced to areas where they do not live. Yay democracy!

Maybe we should reintroduce grizzly and keep the yuppies out of the forest. Maybe then people will start carrying firearms in the woods and help backpedal our crap gun laws.

I just don't see the benefit of wolves, so someone please point me in the right direction here.

But, we are going to reach a breaking point with Colorado's broken tag system. Hunters will get pushed to other units that are already overburdened. Units will go to draw. This is just going to become an overbudget, mismanaged, cluster like the majority of "good idea fairy" government programs/initiatives.

Maybe a good outcome will be that wolves push elk around off private land and keep them on the move.

If it’s anything like the NP I live next to, they would not be receptive to introducing an invasive specie.

Hnthrdr

WKR

I just don't see the benefit of wolves, so someone please point me in the right direction here. This isn't the Yellowstone Ecosystem where the population density is an order of magnitude less and hunting is actually managed.

To be honest I think there is probably some push back from RMNP being a huge tourist attraction, the wolves would push the moose and elk out of sight quick and follow the elk into Estes. Or the other side into grand lake. Even though the park is huge I think human conflict is a higher probability there than some think, but like others have said maybe it’s on purpose where they are putting them?

Neumie

FNG
There’s no way out of this situation in the future due to lack of states’ ability to manage the wolf population. MN is good example. Honestly I’ve got nothing against the wolf but without management this will be a shit show.

The Denver metro area views the rest of Colorado as it's playground and nothing more - not as a place where people live and work or where other communities have values and hobbies (like hunting) that differ than theirs. Instead you have people from Denver and the suburbs who like the idea of wolves, because they like the idea that everything to the west of them is just a big wilderness for them to go camping in.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider

Won't take them long to find RMNP . Be interesting to see how all that will play out .

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Won't take them long to find RMNP . Be interesting to see how all that will play out .
Too late, wolf officially confirmed in Parshall. We knew they were around even last year. Only a few more months before they are officially confirmed in the park I bet. Next, it will be The Great Bloodbath in Estes. Can't wait to hear the people there up in arms about elk being slaughtered in their front yards and leaving corpses around town.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
Too late, wolf officially confirmed in Parshall. We knew they were around even last year. Only a few more months before they are officially confirmed in the park I bet. Next, it will be The Great Bloodbath in Estes. Can't wait to hear the people there up in arms about elk being slaughtered in their front yards and leaving corpses around town.
Wow , no kidding ! When that happens and the rich folks dogs get eaten the sh$t will hit the fan .

Ddubs20

FNG
I've been thinking we should organize a large group of a few hundred hunters to do a drive from north park eastward. The wolves don't know where the continental divide is, but once they go up and over and find the stupid easy pray in RMNP , they wouldn't leave.