Potential delay in Colorado wolf introduction

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have any documentation of this? Would love to see it if you do.
Nothing official, but I did some work for CPW and the National Park Service and multiple employees confirmed the governor issued a gag order on CPW regarding prop 114. They were not allowed to discuss it for a period of time after they made their initial position known up until the official vote.

Nothing official, but I did some work for CPW and the National Park Service and multiple employees confirmed the governor issued a gag order on CPW regarding prop 114. They were not allowed to discuss it for a period of time after they made their initial position known up until the official vote.
Yep. All my local game wardens told
Me the same thing. Said they weren’t allowed to discuss their opinions because of the gag order put in place by Polis. I was under the impression that they were all against it. But couldnt speak out

Finn16

WKR
I was also told that CPW was against the reintroduction but was not allowed to comment on it publicly because by law they cannot comment on ballot measures. I do not know if this is correct or not.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have any documentation of this? Would love to see it if you do.
Ahhh, you must not have heard of Google.

Here you go. This recap from the RMEF should suffice for brevities sake. Plenty of newspaper articles if you look.

Also, I was teaching Hunter Education for CPW at the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.16.40 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.16.40 PM.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 26

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider

Here you go. This recap from the RMEF should suffice for brevities sake. Plenty of newspaper articles if you look.

Also, I was teaching Hunter Education for CPW at the time.
As others have said, CPW did have a "gag order" as to not influence the vote once it made the ballot. CPW was asked just prior to that to make an official recommendation. CPW said no wolves, and supplied supporting data along with their position.

Voters put it into play and CPW just had to eat it. To add insult to injury, they are the ones tasked with the implementation of said reintroduction....not to mention the management of the slew of new problems that comes along with it.

I'm not sure why folks are always hating on CPW. I would say, as a 3 gen Colorado native, that before Parks and Rec merged with DOW in 2011, DOW was easily the best run government agency we had in the state.

wildcat33

WKR

Here you go. This recap from the RMEF should suffice for brevities sake. Plenty of newspaper articles if you.
Not sure why you’re trying to be a jerk.

You then go on to provide a source that doesnt even answer the question. RMEF statement says CPW is “on the record” being against wolves. Where is this record is my question? Has nothing to do with hating CPW, it’s just information.

And yes I’ve tried google.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member

You then go on to provide a source that doesnt even answer the question. RMEF statement says CPW is “on the record” being against wolves. Where is this record is my question? Has nothing to do with hating CPW, it’s just information.

Sorry I can’t produce direct evidence either (tried). I do remember that being accurate based on several news articles but I don’t remember there being an official statement made directly to the public. Don’t think it’s classified just buried in public records.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. The Google comment was the only sarcastic thing I said, and on purpose because people don't look things up for themselves. Did you? Everything else I said was normal comms.

And, read the post I originally responded to in this thread, the guy said CPW were "hypocritical pieces of dirt". That sounds like hate to me, no?

RMEF saying CPW is "on the record" being against wolves is the exact answer to the question, LOL. I personally consider RMEF to be a reliable source on this topic.

Here, this should qualify as credible.

Or, this.

Last edited:

Overdrive

WKR
Until Colorado closes the loophole for bringing wildlife issues to the ballot box, Colorado is screwed!!! Within the next 2-5 years there will be a ban on Mountain lion and Bobcat hunting, there will be a lead bullet ban, Colorado is lost now, lost to the liberals moving in here, they have brought their beliefs and issues here and it's tilted waaayyyyy left now and sadly it isn't going to get back to the good ole days.

CPW had stopped the wolf reintroduction numerous times and it wasn't until they put a gag order on the CPW staff that it finally squeaked by. That tells you what kind of governor Colorado has and I don't see a Republican ever holding that office again.

The only way to get attention on this matter is Boycott Colorado, don't hunt here, don't spend any money here that funds CPW and hit them in the bank account. But I'm realistic and know that this will never happen so we'll keep funding the monster and people will just sit back and complain all while hunting in the King's forest after you have asked for permission of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandy_M

FNG
Its a shame a very well funded public land supposedly for sportsmen won't do anything to help despite millions in their budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmw3w5

FNG
All good info. It is quite frustrating the agencies that exist to do their job are then handicapped by public opinion which leads to uneducated decisions.