Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisky

WKR
Unfortunately, you can always tell on hunting forums when hunting seasons are over and/or winding down....

Good grief!!

jspradley

WKR
You do have to question wtf a dude who works for one of the worlds biggest hunting gear companies (not to mention ALL the other hunting brands Gore supports) is thinking when he decides to go on a public anti-2A rant... its like "Did you REALLY think this one through?!?!" lol

jspradley

WKR
Got a reply from Sitka:

Hey ******** -

Values are important. We continue to stand firm in support of hunters and
their 2nd Amendment rights. We have many independent contractors
associated with our business. The personal views of our contractors do not
represent those of SITKA Gear.

Thank you,

Corey Piersol | Customer Service
SITKA Gear | 877.748.5247
SITKA Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't call for his immediate public execution in this email they must have had to send out 300,000 times in the past few hours... they are clearly anti 2A!!!!

KurtR

WKR
You do have to question wtf a dude who works for one of the worlds biggest hunting gear companies (not to mention ALL the other hunting brands Gore supports) is thinking when he decides to go on a public anti-2A rant... its like "Did you REALLY think this one through?!?!" lol

Thats exactly what went through my mind when i read this. It was almost a hold my beer and watch this moment

Shrek

WKR
Yes, live in an echo chamber and rebuke anyone that holds different political views than you. That’s healthy.

It’s not wrong it’s just different ? I have standards and morals so I have no trouble differentiating different from wrong.

bsnedeker

WKR
Got a reply from Sitka:

Hey ******** -

Values are important. We continue to stand firm in support of hunters and
their 2nd Amendment rights. We have many independent contractors
associated with our business. The personal views of our contractors do not
represent those of SITKA Gear.

Thank you,

Corey Piersol | Customer Service
SITKA Gear | 877.748.5247
SITKA Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

I just received the exact same response from the same representative....sorry, but I'm not buying it. If he's an independent contractor then his LinkedIn and other Social Media profiles are lies and Sitka should respond as such publicly. I'm still hoping a public response will be coming shortly.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess that we can agree on. Sitka knows who this guy is, like I stated previously, I doubt they care. Or even should. However if someone doesn't want to associate with a company that promotes an employee with such beliefs, spend your money elsewhere. I have not and will not call for him to be fired, disciplined, or for a statement to even be made. Honestly Im glad we get to know what the folks behind the scenes really believe. I have a feeling if people in other .org's spoke their mind as flippantly as Post did people would be weeping as they scrolled through their instafeed. If you honestly don't believe most "famous" or "popular" hunter persona's on social media wouldn't do the exact same thing for a few likes and shares (IE $$$$$), you're kidding yourself.

Im wary of anyone that waxes poetically about ethics, morals, and the sanctity of hunting. Usually its just projection.......$$$$$

Very well said post.

bsnedeker

WKR
Unfortunately, you can always tell on hunting forums when hunting seasons are over and/or winding down....

Good grief!!

So, I take it you feel this entire thread is "much ado about nothing" which makes me wonder: Do you not believe that our 2A rights are under attack and being eroded? Do you not believe that there is a large group of wealthy individuals who want to significantly erode the protections we currently enjoy under the constitution?

I'm genuinely curious about your thoughts on this subject because, as someone who tries VERY hard to keep an open mind and see things from different perspectives, the things that I'm seeing happening it seems clear to me that we have a very good reason to be concerned, and if we have concerns about our rights, I feel it is important to take action. I'd really appreciate your take on this as maybe it will help me see things differently and with more hope for the future!

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just received the exact same response from the same representative....sorry, but I'm not buying it. If he's an independent contractor then his LinkedIn and other Social Media profiles are lies and Sitka should respond as such publicly. I'm still hoping a public response will be coming shortly.

If you don't buy it, that's your choice. Why don't you go ahead and follow some of the real Sitka employees, you'll find out how "anti" 2nd amendment they AREN'T.

Oh, and wait for the statement.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for keeping it civil everyone. Just a reminder, if this becomes not civil the thread will be locked and posts deleted at minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.