Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnedeker

WKR
Why don't you go ahead and follow some of the real Sitka employees, you'll find out how "anti" 2nd amendment they AREN'T.

Oh, and wait for the statement.

Les, perhaps you can share with me how I can tell a real Sitka employee from an "independent contractor"? I'm sure you have relationships with some folks at the company, but I'm just a lowly consumer so how am I, as a consumer, supposed to be able to tell? That is my main point.

I agree with waiting for an official statement and have said as much in all of my posts on this thread. At some point, a lack of a statement becomes a statement in and of itself, but I am still hopeful that Sitka will clear this up publicly. In a follow up email I sent to Corey he responded that he believes they are working on a public response so I'm just waiting for that at this point.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Les, perhaps you can share with me how I can tell a real Sitka employee from an "independent contractor"? I'm sure you have relationships with some folks at the company, but I'm just a lowly consumer so how am I, as a consumer, supposed to be able to tell? That is my main point.

I agree with waiting for an official statement and have said as much in all of my posts on this thread. At some point, a lack of a statement becomes a statement in and of itself, but I am still hopeful that Sitka will clear this up publicly. In a follow up email I sent to Corey he responded that he believes they are working on a public response so I'm just waiting for that at this point.

Well the “lowly” consumer, as you put it, is what made Sitka who they are today. I see your point, but if you really want to find out who the employees are, it’s out there and available.

Yes, wait for the official statement, which is being worked on. As I’m sure most people can understand, off the cuff and unthought out remarks get taken the wrong way and can be costly. Charles Post, case in point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there will be something from Sitka, and it will be in support of the 2A.

Everyone just take a deep breath...

K

Kootenay Hunter

Seriously keep us updated, I have my Sitka Gear sitting beside a barrel, the lighter fluid on hand just in case...

Also over heard my wife say something anti-gun to a friend, so looking into divorce now too, this is too stressful right ahead of Christmas!

jspradley

WKR
Seriously keep us update, I have my Sitka Gear sitting beside a barrel, the lighter fluid on hand just in case...

hahaha!!!!!

For real though, imagine you are Mr Sitka Customer Svc rep, you see some dude who is affiliated with your company say some dumb shit and think "Oh god no....noooo" because you know what's coming today.

You open up Outlook- 84,943 Unread Emails all asking the same question.....

EastMT

WKR
Seriously keep us updated, I have my Sitka Gear sitting beside a barrel, the lighter fluid on hand just in case...

Also over heard my wife say something anti-gun to a friend, so looking into divorce now too, this is too stressful right ahead of Christmas!

Hahaha, are you a 2x? I’ll burn them for you. I’ll even pay shipping so you can afford the divorce!

OP
J

JWP58

WKR
Isnt the bigger issue (at least for many here) the anti hunting creds his pal Lloyd Christmas has?

I get that some couldn't care less about gun control efforts, but to partner with someone that is openly against legal hunting? I guess being a cool kid comes at a cost.....

The Sitka phone lines are rather busy today, but I waited out the hold time and did manage to get through. I think their phone reps are spending way more time on this than discussing product and taking orders, at this time.

By the way, they are actually playing Christmas music while on hold, who wudda guessed :D.

CorbLand

WKR

You better video it. If you just tell us you burnt it, I wont believe you because I already have my mind made up that no matter what you do or say, you are lying and just pushing an agenda.

jspradley

WKR
The Sitka phone lines are rather busy today, but I waited out the hold time and did manage to get through. I think their phone reps are spending way more time on this than discussing product and taking orders, at this time.

By the way, they are actually playing Christmas music while on hold, who wudda guessed :D.

CHRISTMAS MUSIC?!?!?!?!?! #triggered

Thats it im burning my Sitka gear!!!

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are they coming out with an official statement, something more then the canned email? Sitka has a long history of supporting conservation and sponsoring mostly ethical people, no company is perfect so I am interested in what they respond considering the individuals stance doesn’t align with their actual business practices.

yes

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Got a reply from Sitka:

Hey ******** -

Values are important. We continue to stand firm in support of hunters and
their 2nd Amendment rights. We have many independent contractors
associated with our business. The personal views of our contractors do not
represent those of SITKA Gear.

Thank you,

Corey Piersol | Customer Service
SITKA Gear | 877.748.5247
SITKA Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

My question to this response and to everyone reading this is why would you want to spend your money on gear from a company that employs a guy with his views?

You pay Sitka for gear, Sitka pays Charles with your money, Charles then donates his money, which he received from Sitka and Sitka received from you for gear you purchased, to his buddies organization which was designed solely to promote gun control.

Why would you spend your money on Sitka?

CorbLand

WKR
My question to this response and to everyone reading this is why would you want to spend your money on gear from a company that employs a guy with his views?

You pay Sitka for gear, Sitka pays Charles with your money, Charles then donates his money, which he received from Sitka and Sitka received from you for gear you purchased, to his buddies organization which was designed solely to promote gun control.

Why would you spend your money on Sitka?

Because they build good stuff and what their employees do with their money is their business and not Sitkas. Same as its your business to not support them if you dont want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.