Why is Seek Outside giving gun control advocate Ryan Busse air time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*zap*

WKR
I believe I can support someone who has different political beliefs than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just understand that these people want their beliefs to rule Supreme which is why they want to disarm the population. Only a moron would think a gun law would stop a person from committing murder which is already illegal.

Kifaru is a great alternative…SO already has my $$ on the previous purchases and it’s good stuff, I’ll continue to use it - not like it’s hurting them if I sell it.

Gutshotem

WKR
Whew!!! 500+ posts and not a lot of anything.

I despise cancel culture on any side. To think that I would not buy product or get of rid a company’s product because of who they had on a podcast is ridiculous to me. I guess my brain is just wired different in that I believe I can support someone who has different political beliefs than I do.

If Seek continues to employ people in the US rather than outsource overseas, I will support them. At the end of the day, THAT is much more important to me than what the owner likes on twitter.

The thread started off questioning the interview but I don't think that's where most of the blowback is coming from. Most of the disgust here comes from the hate and obvious disdain he harbors for the 50% of the country who vote differently than he does. As well as the fact that he wasn't man enough to stand by his own words.

Wrench

WKR
I'm just waiting to watch the damage control show. This should be interesting.....or, the haters are 100% correct.

The thread started off questioning the interview but I don't think that's where most of the blowback is coming from. Most of the disgust here comes from the hate and obvious disdain he harbors for the 50% of the country who vote differently than he does. As well as the fact that he wasn't man enough to stand by his own words.

There’s no doubt that is where the blowback is coming from. I didn’t listen to the podcast, nor did most of the people commenting in this thread.

My point was the idea that someone should be run into the ground just for thinking a certain way is horrific. People on this thread are advocating for the demise of SO. They want to see American people lose their jobs at a company making quality product at a fair price just because their owner has a different opinion.

Is anyone willing to drive to Grand Junction, look at the people who sew the tents in the eye, and tell them they don’t have a job any more because their boss made some comments on twitter that some of the customers didn’t approve of?

OP
B
Whew!!! 500+ posts and not a lot of anything.

I despise cancel culture on any side. To think that I would not buy product or get of rid a company’s product because of who they had on a podcast is ridiculous to me. I guess my brain is just wired different in that I believe I can support someone who has different political beliefs than I do.

If Seek continues to employ people in the US rather than outsource overseas, I will support them. At the end of the day, THAT is much more important to me than what the owner likes on twitter.

That’s totally your choice, and I’m glad your free to do so.

Just like it was SO’s choice to give Busse a soapbox and post a bunch of nasty partisan stuff on twitter and facebook.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
You have a few vocal for and against on a thread, the majority of people are quiet and don’t care. Just how things go.

Ratbeetle

WKR
There’s no doubt that is where the blowback is coming from. I didn’t listen to the podcast, nor did most of the people commenting in this thread.

My point was the idea that someone should be run into the ground just for thinking a certain way is horrific. People on this thread are advocating for the demise of SO. They want to see American people lose their jobs at a company making quality product at a fair price just because their owner has a different opinion.

Is anyone willing to drive to Grand Junction, look at the people who sew the tents in the eye, and tell them they don’t have a job any more because their boss made some comments on twitter that some of the customers didn’t approve of?

Actions have consequences. Choosing to not financially support someone who has nothing but disdain for me and my lifestyle does not equal wanting americans to be destitute. What an ignorant statement.

OP
B

I don’t think you should be run into the ground for thinking a different way.

But if you use your company’s name and image to push an agenda, you better be prepared for some pushback. That’s abject reality in the modern era. Had they not done that, Timm’s public facebook/twitter posts would’ve gone unnoticed nor would most people care.

Furthermore everyone knows that whatever they posts on the internet can be used against them. To do so publicly, under your own name and likeness, when you own a company like SO shows incredibly poor judgment IMO. Shit, I don’t even own a company and I deleted my Facebook because when my employer came out with its “social media policy” I realized no good could come from it. There has always been consequences for freedom of speech, our voices now go a lot further than they did previously, but equally the consequences are amplified as well.

SO did what they did either out of stupidity or arrogance. I have a feeling it was more of the latter. They have nobody but themselves to blame. Simply stated, they forgot they were a backpack and tent company, not a social media company.

You people need to lighten up. I have friends who love trump and I have friends that love Obama. We all go to deer camp, sit by the fire and eat good food and get along. Not much in life is black and white.

Diversity of views is okay ya know.

By the way, gay neighbors are the best b/c they keep their landscaping in tip top shape. Asian people throw great pot luck dinners and will welcome you into their homes with great hospitality. Republican people throw great BBQ dinners and are always willing to lend a hand in a pinch. Democrats throw great cocktail parties, have great travel stories and give to charities. Latinos are hard working, frugal and always cheery and full of humor when I talk to them. My fellow platoon leader was black and I knew he had my back (and vice versa) if we were gonna deploy.

Who here hasn’t done something wrong or said maybe I should have not said that out loud?

OP
B
You people need to lighten up. I have friends who love trump and I have friends that love Obama. We all go to deer camp, sit by the fire and eat good food and get along. Not much in life is black and white.

Diversity of views is okay ya know.

By the way, gay neighbors are the best b/c they keep their landscaping in tip top shape. Asian people throw great pot luck dinners and will welcome you into their homes with great hospitality. Republican people throw great BBQ dinners and are always willing to lend a hand in a pinch. Democrats throw great cocktail parties, have great travel stories and give to charities. Latinos are hard working, frugal and always cheery and full of humor when I talk to them. My fellow platoon leader was black and I knew he had my back (and vice versa) if we were gonna deploy.

Who here hasn’t done something wrong or said maybe I should have not said that out loud?
We all have. This isn’t necessarily about keeping friends with diverse viewpoints or backgrounds. I have friends with diverse viewpoints, we agree not to talk politics.

Go back and read some of the screenshots… There is a difference between a difference in opinion and being partisan and nasty, then using your influence to push an agenda a large portion of your customer base won’t agree with.

I don’t think things would be any better for SO if Timm was partisan and nasty but on the other end of the political spectrum then used his platform to do something like push for abortion bans. In fact I think things would probably be worse.

ETA I have a feeling the same people posting here telling us to “lighten up” would have a stroking out if Timm was posting a bunch of “abortion is murder” drivel on his Facebook then letting a pro life advocate push their book on his podcast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.