Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Because they build good stuff and what their employees do with their money is their business and not Sitkas. Same as its your business to not support them if you dont want to.

So you're ok spending money with a company when you know that a portion of your money is going to be paid to someone like Charles who will undoubtedly give a portion of it to propagate gun control in the name of false truths?

Youre willing to fund, in a roundabout way, gun control because they build good stuff?

CorbLand

WKR
So you're ok spending money with a company when you know that a portion of your money is going to be paid to someone like Charles who will undoubtedly give a portion of it to propagate gun control in the name of false truths?

Homeboy, I am sure if you interviewed everyone that works for every company that you buy shit from, you will find someone that disagrees with you on a topic.

In the name of not supporting a company that may employ someone that has an opposing view than I do, I will make sure to interview everyone that works for them and anyone they may have contact with. Guess I better give up my full time job and live of welfare to ensure I have the time to do that.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Homeboy, I am sure if you interviewed everyone that works for every company that you buy shit from, you will find someone that disagrees with you on a topic.

In the name of not supporting a company that may employ someone that has an opposing view than I do, I will make sure to interview everyone that works for them and anyone they may have contact with. Guess I better give up my full time job and live of welfare to ensure I have the time to do that.

Sorry homeboy, but a typical empoyee doesnt have 100,000 followers on Instagram and who knows how many on Facebook.

And you didnt answer my question,

CorbLand

WKR
Sorry homeboy, but a typical empoyee doesnt have 100,000 followers on Instagram and who knows how many on Facebook.

And you didnt answer my question,

So, it only matters if you have a certain amount of followers. Good to know.

If you cant pick my answer to your question out in my response, well.....

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Someone missed the memo about that freedom thing.

You mean like the freedom given to us under the 2A that this guy is wanting to take away?

- - - Updated - - -

So, it only matters if you have a certain amount of followers. Good to know.

If you cant pick my answer to your question out in my response, well.....

Unfortunately, to a point, yes. When someone with 500 followers spouts this drivel it doesnt have the same impact as someone like Charles with his 100k followers who is making a video propagating gun control with someone like the owner of a large, well known and funded company such as Tom's.

As to your your second point, I hope you feel proud to have knowingly funded gun control, directly or indirectly, when it comes our way.

CorbLand

WKR
You mean like the freedom given to us under the 2A that this guy is wanting to take away?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, to a point, yes. When someone with 500 followers spouts this drivel it doesnt have the same impact as someone like Charles with his 100k followers who is making a video propagating gun control with someone like the owner of a large, well known and funded company such as Tom's.

As to your your second point, I hope you feel proud to have knowingly funded gun control, directly or indirectly, when it comes our way.

I will wear my Sitka proud because I absolutely know that Sitka is not an anti second amendment company and this will be handled correctly. I will wear it proud knowing that I didnt jump on the knee jerk wagon, claiming that companies should be held liable for the actions of their employees, when their employees are on their own time. I will wear my Sitka proudly and laughing as everyone will have forgotten about this by the end of 2018.

I will not wear it proudly, IF and thats a giant IF, Sitka comes out saying that they support this guy and the statements he made. At that point, I will proudly get rid of my Sitka.

Until then, I will stand by my responses. Which includes openly admitting that I hope Sitka cans this guy over this.

Last edited:

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
You should read the 1st Amendment. It's the one before the 2nd.

I have, along with all the other ones and I understand he can say as he pleases without fear of persecution, that's not my point what so ever. My point is, why would you help fund, however miniscule, any infringement on any constitutional right, most specifically the 2A which Charles and his buddy wanting to limit?

Shrek

WKR
If Sitka comes back with anything less than firing and totally disavowing Charles Post then Sitka goes to right below Kuiu as clothes to buy.

Russp17

WKR
I have, along with all the other ones and I understand he can say as he pleases without fear of persecution, that's not my point what so ever. My point is, why would you help fund, however miniscule, any infringement on any constitutional right, most specifically the 2A which Charles and his buddy wanting to limit?

I guarantee you any product you buy in the world has somebody who disagrees with you on some important issue. Whether it be your car or your groceries people disagree in this world.

tdhanses

WKR

Youre willing to fund, in a roundabout way, gun control because they build good stuff?

Well you better stop shopping everywhere, cause I’m sure there is always an employee donating to a cause you don’t agree with in every company.

slick

WKR

Sitka as a company is pro 2A as their email and one of their employees here, Les has stated. Stop stirring the pot. Go read through the thread, one employee of theirs decided to speak out of his ass, and there are repercussions for every action. This has included him taking his post down, removing his title from his bio, etc. unless you’re Charles’ boss at Sitka, or have inside information we don’t, how do you know what sort of actions they are taking to correct the issue? Just because Charles did it, doesn’t mean it’s Sitka’s stance. Settle down.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
I will wear my Sitka proud because I absolutely know that Sitka is not an anti second amendment company and this will be handled correctly. I will wear it proud knowing that I didnt jump on the knee jerk wagon, claiming that companies should be held liable for the actions of their employees, when their employees are on their own time. I will wear my Sitka proudly and laughing as everyone will have forgotten about this by the end of 2018.

I will not wear it proudly, IF and thats a giant IF, Sitka comes out saying that they support this guy and the statements he made. At that point, I will proudly get rid of my Sitka.

Until then, I will stand by my responses. Which includes openly admitting that I hope Sitka cans this guy over this.

Of course they're not anti-2A, to think otherwise would be silly and something I never mentioned nor insinuated. It's hardly knee jerk though when someone who is paid by and affiliated with a pro hunting company is out there spewing anti-2A such as Charles.

I will be in the market for some new clothes next year and Sitka's decision on whether to keep or let him go will be a deciding factor on my purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

If Sitka comes back with anything less than firing and totally disavowing Charles Post then Sitka goes to right below Kuiu as clothes to buy.

I'm in 100% agreement with you Shrek.

Beendare

WKR
Charles Post....will someone please send him truckloads of Romaine Lettuce.....

Sitka gear will need to publicly distance themselves from these D bags for me to even consider buying another scrap of their overpriced clothing.

Is this part of a "Main Stream" strategy....move over North Face? Sheesh, I hope not....my gag reflex would kick in.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka as a company is pro 2A as their email and one of their employees here, Les has stated. Stop stirring the pot. Go read through the thread, one employee of theirs decided to speak out of his ass, and there are repercussions for every action. This has included him taking his post down, removing his title from his bio, etc. unless you’re Charles’ boss at Sitka, or have inside information we don’t, how do you know what sort of actions they are taking to correct the issue? Just because Charles did it, doesn’t mean it’s Sitka’s stance. Settle down.

I am in no way stirring anything, I asked a question that no one has actually come out and answered. As you said there are repercussions for every action, will you continue to support them if nothing changes in regards to Charles?

CorbLand

WKR
I am in no way stirring anything, I asked a question that no one has actually come out and answered. As you said there are repercussions for every action, will you continue to support them if nothing changes in regards to Charles?

I have answered your question...twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR

In all honesty, I’ve seen Charles stuff for a year or two now as I was living in Bozeman at the time and it’s a small town. His IG has left a less than desirable taste in my mouth from the get go. I picked up whatever his magazine is called off of a friends table, and saw his name in the first few pages and put it back down.

Edit: to be totally transparent I only have 3-4 Sitka pieces, the rest is non-hunting related companies, or gifted kuiu.

I do question how he was hired. Earlier I said I would not support Sitka if no changes were made, but I also think that a guy can apologize and move forward.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
In all honesty, I’ve seen Charles stuff for a year or two now as I was living in Bozeman at the time and it’s a small town. His IG has left a less than desirable taste in my mouth from the get go. I picked up whatever his magazine is called off of a friends table, and saw his name in the first few pages and put it back down. To answer your question, no, I would not support Sitka any longer if they keep him on board.

I have to agree, I respect Sitka but they are at a turning point of supporting their customers values or not. If they fully support Charles to have his own view and back his choice as a public figure or trying to be public figure, then I’ll walk. Sitka has done a lot of good over the years in conservation but if they are open to a new direction we’ll know based on how they respond to this situation.

Same goes for anyone they sponsor or movements they support going forward, historically they have done a lot of good for hunting but we all know directions can change fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there is a diff between a nobody employee having a view and someone trying to make a name and push an agenda.

LaHunter

WKR
Never heard of Charles Post, I don't play facebook or instagram. Question I have is who made the executive decision at Sitka to hire this dude in the first place? I have to assume his political leftist activism was no secret before this firestorm?

Status
Not open for further replies.