Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's call a spade a spade. Sitka gear has been the premier sponsor of almost every major hunting/ conservation organizations in the last 10 years. They have partnered with firearms manufacturers, archery manufacturers and hunting manufacturers of all kinds. The company is filled hunters, hunting media personalities ...guys that we have personal connections. People of known quailty.
Yet one wing nut makes a post on Instagram and in minutes we have hunters tuning on them with so much as a benefit of doubt. I have witness Conjecture, conspiracy, insinuation and flat out nastiness.
In this situation we are damaged more from our own behavior then anything else.
Its shameful.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
To pretend Sitka didn't know who they were hiring is laughable. Social media history, college of choice, LinkedIn. Spend 5 minutes Googling and you will learn all you need to know. Not only should Charles Post get fired, but the people at Sitka who approved the hire should be canned for not performing any due diligence.

Unless of course in their effort to virtue signal and drive sales, Sitka is moving left. It would not surprise me at all considering the parent company, Gore, is a multinational conglomerate that could give a rat's ass about our rights as gun owners or hunters.

No clue if Sitka's moving left, but I'm guessing Gore knows how many yards of material they sell to wader companies and hunting companies. Must be a pile, but not sure the total % compared to mountaineering gear (used by pedestrians to shop for vegan food) and rain jackets.

When Gore bought Sitka and the years following they made some odd hires (from my perspective only). Definitely changed the feel from Jason's early crew to a much more corporate-yet-woke/I-hunt-wear-trucker-cap-drink-cool-MAP-brew crew. People in the outdoor industry migrate from company to company all the time. Designers, brand managers, production, everything. Nothing new there. Maybe this dude knew someone in Sitka, did a drive by, got a job, does a fine job and went too far on social media without permission. No clue.

Regardless, I love their gear and they're killing it sales-wise. Sitka's purpose is to move Gore-material yardage. They're doing it by making excellent products IMHO. Everything right with that approach. If they come out anti-I'll have to burn mine because it's worth jack-squat from overuse. I hope they don't!

Plus, if they do come out anti and I have a Sitka-burn-athon there are other great brands out there thank God!

tdhanses

WKR
Thanks for making my case. You cover conjecture, speculation and insinuation.

😂 Truthfully I bet Sitka was even aware he was making the public statement before he posted it. Also it is on Sitka to settle the dust of conjecture, speculation and insinuation (sooner the better for damage control) not us, we can wonder what the heck is going on as consumers.

MtGomer

WKR
I don’t agree with what Charles expressed as his opinion on gun control. But I respect his right to have such an opinion and express it on his IG on his time.

Where I start feeling uneasy is when someone who is advising a hunting gear brand that has been at the forefront of the conversation about conservation is at the home of a couple that aren’t just promoting gun control, but is a chair of the radical, anti hunting group Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Not to be confused with your local animal shelter. Heather Mycoskie is also the founder of the ‘shoot em with a camera’ group that opposes the NA Wildlife Conservation Model, and with it, the ESA, state based wildlife management based on science. They ran the GoFundMe to put up billboards opposing grizzly delisting and to pay the licensing costs for anti hunters to enter special permit licenses for grizzlies and who knows what other species. These are the same people lobbying for a no hunting buffer around Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Opinions may vary on what gun laws should be, but I would hope hunters could unite against animal rights extremists like the
Mykoskies

All that said, Charles has a powerful platform where non hunters may listen to him where they would just think we are ignorant hicks and dismiss us. I have several friends that consider him a friend of their’s and I have no doubt he is a decent guy. But his appearance with these people is certainly poor optics. A judgement lapse. Maybe more. Maybe not.
I know from first hand experience that this is not the culture norm within Sitka or a view commonly shared among their ambassadors.

Let's call a spade a spade. Sitka gear has been the premier sponsor of almost every major hunting/ conservation organizations in the last 10 years. They have partnered with firearms manufacturers, archery manufacturers and hunting manufacturers of all kinds. The company is filled hunters, hunting media personalities ...guys that we have personal connections. People of known quailty.
Yet one wing nut makes a post on Instagram and in minutes we have hunters tuning on them with so much as a benefit of doubt. I have witness Conjecture, conspiracy, insinuation and flat out nastiness.
In this situation we are damaged more from our own behavior then anything else.
Its shameful.

I was referring more to the individual more than the company he works for. I see the point you are trying to make. Could voicing concern be done in a more constructive and concise way? Perhaps in a way that doesn't involve pitch forks and torches? Sure.
However that doesn't mean concerns raised aren't valid ones. Even if they are going about it like a bull in a china shop....
The biggest voice the common man has where he spends his money. Its the only thing companies listen to. Hit them in the pocket book, and they will take notice. Thats why guys are jumping on Sitka more than they are the guy that said it.
Should Sitka get the benefit of the doubt? Yes. Absolutely. But companies can change. Especially when they get bigger and bigger. Principals tend get traded for more dollars. (Only a statement on my part. Not accusing Sitka of anything.)
I would call sitkas response to this situation pretty soft/weak at this point.
When it comes to gun control. Its a freaking powder keg. Emotions run very high whenever its brought up. And people want re-affermations of where sitkas loyalties lie.

jspradley

WKR
Think about something for a second. Not a single person criticizing Sitka is doing so from any sort of informed opinion based on anything that Sitka has said or done here as a company.

Y’all are acting just like liberals jumping all over unfounded accusations because it makes you feel good to be recreationally outraged. I want all of you to think about that next time your whine about snowflakes and participation trophies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t agree with what Charles expressed as his opinion on gun control. But I respect his right to have such an opinion and express it on his IG on his time.

Where I start feeling uneasy is when someone who is advising a hunting gear brand that has been at the forefront of the conversation about conservation is at the home of a couple that aren’t just promoting gun control, but is a chair of the radical, anti hunting group Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Not to be confused with your local animal shelter. Heather Mycoskie is also the founder of the ‘shoot em with a camera’ group that opposes the NA Wildlife Conservation Model, and with it, the ESA, state based wildlife management based on science. They ran the GoFundMe to put up billboards opposing grizzly delisting and to pay the licensing costs for anti hunters to enter special permit licenses for grizzlies and who knows what other species. These are the same people lobbying for a no hunting buffer around Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Opinions may vary on what gun laws should be, but I would hope hunters could unite against animal rights extremists like the
Mykoskies

All that said, Charles has a powerful platform where non hunters may listen to him where they would just think we are ignorant hicks and dismiss us. I have several friends that consider him a friend of their’s and I have no doubt he is a decent guy. But his appearance with these people is certainly poor optics. A judgement lapse. Maybe more. Maybe not.
I know from first hand experience that this is not the culture norm within Sitka or a view commonly shared among their ambassadors.

I don't know Charles or anyone that does. What I do know is that the company you keep says a lot about a man. And now that I think about it. It says a lot about a company too.... Like you, I'm conflicted.

Trial153

WKR
I was referring more to the individual more than the company he works for. I see the point you are trying to make. Could voicing concern be done in a more constructive and concise way? Perhaps in a way that doesn't involve pitch forks and torches? Sure.
However that doesn't mean concerns raised aren't valid ones. Even if they are going about it like a bull in a china shop....
The biggest voice the common man has where he spends his money. Its the only thing companies listen to. Hit them in the pocket book, and they will take notice. Thats why guys are jumping on Sitka more than they are the guy that said it.
Should Sitka get the benefit of the doubt? Yes. Absolutely. But companies can change. Especially when they get bigger and bigger. Principals tend get traded for more dollars. (Only a statement on my part. Not accusing Sitka of anything.)
I would call sitkas response to this situation pretty soft/weak at this point.
When it comes to gun control. Its a freaking powder keg. Emotions run very high whenever its brought up. And people want re-affermations of where sitkas loyalties lie.
Weak response? It's been about 12 hours. If my company, livelihood, reputation, friendships, and associations are on the line, I damn sure and going to have my facts in a order. I measure my response and make sure it's going to convey my message clearly and without ambiguity. If it takes a day so be it.
I am not catering to the lowest common denominator that wants some bullshit canned or knee jerk response.

tdhanses

WKR
Think about something for a second. Not a single person criticizing Sitka is doing so from any sort of informed opinion based on anything that Sitka has said or done here as a company.

Y’all are acting just like liberals jumping all over unfounded accusations because it makes you feel good to be recreationally outraged. I want all of you to think about that next time your whine about snowflakes and participation trophies.

Only facts we know, Sitka had Charles on their staff or as a contractor. Charles is anti gun and friends with anti hunting orgs. Fact - this looks poorly on Sitka for associating with Charles, do you think the Humane Society pals of Charles would hire a hunter for any position and say we aren’t worried about your personal views?

Last edited:

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider

Huh? Unfounded accusations? Did you see the gun control video post he made before he yanked it down? Sitka is still listed as current employer on his LinkedIn page and still shows Sitka on his personal website. Not only was he citing incorrect statistics on mass shootings, but aligning himself with pure anti hunters .... those are not unfounded accusations. Spare me the Sitka apologies...they hired him, they knew his background.

Weak response? It's been about 12 hours. If my company, livelihood, reputation, friendships, and associations are on the line, I damn sure and going to have my facts in a order. I measure my response and make sure it's going to convey my message clearly and without ambiguity. If it takes a day so be it.
I am not catering to the lowest common denominator that wants some bullshit canned or knee jerk response.

Sorry but standing up for hunting rights, public land and the 2nd amendment shouldn't require a carefully crafted response. Its pretty simple. For a company like sitka, It should be on the front door.

Trial153

WKR
Sorry but standing up for hunting rights, public land and the 2nd amendment shouldn't require a carefully crafted response. Its pretty simple. For a company like sitka, It should be on the front door.

It's been out there front and every day they been in business. Every conservation organization I am a part of has benefited from their association with sitka gear.

Apparently what your saying is your only as good as your last ball game with you. That's a pretty shitty way to be.

tdhanses

WKR

They easily could have quickly snipped this in the butt by stating publicly they are fully supportive of the 2A and people’s rights to all legal firearms and then followed up with their stewardship which includes the NRA. Sitka Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

They easily could have said that the contractors views are not theirs and that appropriate steps will be taken to further their mission by hiring, sponsoring and retaining individuals that fiully support their mission and stewardship.

Buckman

WKR
GOD Help us all!!!!

SITKA = Innocent until proven guilty
or
SITKA = guilty until proven Innocent

What ever happened to Loyalty until proven otherwise?

tdhanses

WKR
GOD Help us all!!!!

SITKA = Innocent until proven guilty
or
SITKA = guilty until proven Innocent

What ever happened to Loyalty until proven otherwise?

Well they could have avoided this issue completely in the first place pretty easily.

monsterB

FNG
Wow Rokslide got hit with a blizzard? Snowflakes everywhere....
You want some kind of political check before you work somewhere, move to russia or china. No one is taking anything from you. Some random guy more popular than you put out something you don't agree with, argue against him. Don't look for reasons to be offended. Send Clydesdale 2xl maybe 3xl (its the off-season) wts offers this way please.

jspradley

WKR
They easily could have quickly snipped this in the butt by stating publicly they are fully supportive of the 2A and people’s rights to all legal firearms and then followed up with their stewardship which includes the NRA. Sitka Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

They easily could have said that the contractors views are not theirs and that appropriate steps will be taken to further their mission by hiring, sponsoring and retaining individuals that fiully support their mission and stewardship.

THey really should have said something like that....then no one could be triggered lol

tdhanses

WKR
THey really should have said something like that....then no one could be triggered lol

Well their customer base would be happy, doubt a boycott from anti hunters would financially impact them. Plus people probably would have spent some money just from them quickly handling it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.