Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been out there front and every day they been in business. Every conservation organization I am a part of has benefited from their association with sitka gear.

Apparently what your saying is your only as good as your last ball game with you. That's a pretty shitty way to be.

I'm not saying that at all. I've stated they deserve the benefit of the doubt on this.
They have missed a giant opportunity to re-enforce what they stand for however. And when there is little to no response from sitka. People will make their own conclusions about who they are as a company. And what their core beliefs are.
Not everyone knows the history of sitkas contributions to conservation and the hunting industry. You can't just assume that. And don't just assume that companies don't change philosophies on certain issues. It happens all the time. All it takes is one change in upper management.
Their PR has been weak here in my opinion. There is no wiggle room when it comes to gun control. It is a big a hot button issue as we have in this country. I believe this is why so many are so quick to demand a response here.

tdhanses

WKR
Wow Rokslide got hit with a blizzard? Snowflakes everywhere....
You want some kind of political check before you work somewhere, move to russia or china. No one is taking anything from you. Some random guy more popular than you put out something you don't agree with, argue against him. Don't look for reasons to be offended. Send Clydesdale 2xl maybe 3xl (its the off-season) wts offers this way please.

If you don’t think major corporations aren’t checking out your social media prior to hiring you’re kidding yourself. Also many companies have a strict social media policy.

tdhanses

WKR
I'm not saying that at all. I've stated they deserve the benefit of the doubt on this.
They have missed a giant opportunity to re-enforce what they stand for however. And when there is little to no response from sitka. People will make their own conclusions about who they are as a company. And what their core beliefs are.
Not everyone knows the history of sitkas contributions to conservation and the hunting industry. You can't just assume that. And don't just assume that companies don't change philosophies on certain issues. It happens all the time. All it takes is one change in upper management.
Their PR has been weak here in my opinion. There is no wiggle room when it comes to gun control. It is a big a hot button issue as we have in this country. I believe this is why so many are so quick to demand a response here.

Hmm, Dick’s Sporting Goods is a great example of a company changing its philosophy.

Look guys, companies do not own employees. There are labor laws ensuring that. With that, companies are not responsible for people's opinions and, their actions off the clock. Yes, it is very much in the interest of Sitka to distance themselves from this guy. But, in today's world, you gotta be right about doing it. Or, it ends up in a settlement or court room. Give them time to handle this in a way to get it right.

slick

WKR
Won’t happen. Sitka will respond tomorrow, or the next day. They’ll say they are all hunters, sportsman, and conservationist. They’ll say they are pro 2A and it was a lapse of judgement on their employee/contractor’s part. Everyone will love Sitka again, and no clothes will be for sale. Sitka will then continue to fund every banquet, raffle, and conservation org we go and belong to.

tdhanses

WKR
Look guys, companies do not own employees. There are labor laws ensuring that. With that, companies are not responsible for people's opinions and, their actions off the clock. Yes, it is very much in the interest of Sitka to distance themselves from this guy. But, in today's world, you gotta be right about doing it. Or, it ends up in a settlement or court room. Give them time to handle this in a way to get it right.

I’m sure the fact his bio had his position with Sitka would play into a social media policy they have but sounds like he is a contractor so they can easily snip that relationship. Lesson here, don’t associate your employer to your personal life and don’t try to become a hot shot internet sensation unless it all aligns.

Ucsdryder

WKR
This was the response I got from Sitka.

Thank you for reaching out. We continue to stand firm in support of
hunters and their 2nd Amendment rights. We have many independent
contractors associated with our business. The personal views of our
contractors do not necessarily represent those of SITKA Gear.

Thank you,

Corey Piersol | Customer Service
SITKA Gear | 877.748.5247
SITKA Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

Trial153

WKR

Exactly, measure twice cut once.

That is fair response.
But if I was them. I would have put out a preliminary statement re-enforcing the core belies of sitka. Then deal with the individual. The first statement buys them time so people aren't out jumping to their own conclusions about weather or not a bunch of anti-2nd amendment snowflakes have infiltrated their ranks...lol (thats a joke guys)

tdhanses

WKR
Wow people think Sitka is getting a bad rap in this thread, they are getting torn up on Instagram. Sounds like Kifarucast is going to cover this ordeal.

gabenzeke

WKR
This is only tangentially related, but I have noticed many orgs and figures in our hunting community seeming to be open to the idea of gun control. I first noticed Ryan Callahan like a post on Twitter that was suggesting strict gun control. It wasn't a response to anything or part of a larger conversation, just an isolated tweet. I emailed Rinella about it and asked them to have him clarify his stance because I saw several other questionable likes and tweets. I got a form letter response BUT, shortly after that I went to meat eater live and it came up. Steve said the emails pissed him off and then Callahan sort of shrugged it off jokingly saying it was unlikely that he as a hunter would be anti 2A. But then I started paying attention to the kinds of posts on BHA Facebook posts. While they do seem to do a lot for public land, the followers are very disparaging of anything remotely conservative in nature. BHA themselves have now all but become a political PAC for Democrats. I get that the Right generally aren't supporters of public land, but i guess what I'm getting at is that while I don't have a lot of specifics to point at, it certainly FEELS like some of these 'celebreties' and organizations are moving toward left wing anti gun propaganda machines. It pains me because I LOVE Rinella, his books, show, and podcasts. But he also contributed an article to Outside magazine immediately after the editor went on a tirade on Facebook saying that the magazine is a left leaning organization and stands mostly against hunting. He also suggested that those that disagree are somehow stupid. Makes me wonder what we don't know about all these people. I hate the idea that the only pro 2A 'celebrities' are those that have shows that are 90% kill shots and hooping and hollering. Those folks aren't good for us either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys I have a life. I can’t keep up with all this. Here is another Sitka guy. He sums up very well what the Sitka core is.
0cefb45d03c496fe4b104b63333210fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabenzeke

WKR
One other quick thought....I mentioned party politics but feel it's important to point out that I don't think conservation, hunting, and our God given constitutional rights should be partisan issues. I no longer subscribe to either party as they both suck and almost every on of them is so full of shit that it's coming out of their ears.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Guys I have a life. I can’t keep up with all this. Here is another Sitka guy. He sums up very well what the Sitka core is.
0cefb45d03c496fe4b104b63333210fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les, I don't think Sitka is anti-2A, anti hunting or anthing like that but this guy that rep's them, says he is their environmental whatever and then spews anti-2A garbage in a video with a guy who is an anti gunner AND an anti hunter, unfortunately is what people are seeing as the voice of Sitka right now, even though we all know he isn't.

I sent an email with a couple questions to Sitka and got the standard junk form letter back from Corey that has been posted a couple times here already, I replied back asking for clarification to my questions and haven't heard back yet. It's been 36 hours since Post put up that video, plenty of time to come out with a simple statement but it's just crickets from them so far. Why is that? (I don't expect you to answer that)

Your post from Kiviok is perfect, simple and to the point, thank you for posting it.

Okhotnik

WKR

So based on the above Instagram some of the employees and representatives of Sitka are pro hunting and pro 2nd amendment rights and some are anti hunting and anti gun rights. Makes perfect sense Sitka.

Was this employee fired?

And yes a company can require an employee not to post negative propaganda on their social media that contradicts the company’s core values , culture and mission.

Billinsd

WKR
Vet their employees? for what political views? Hows the weather in mother Russia?
Maybe look at the bumper stickers on their car? Do they have a ponytail, an ear ring, or lots of tattoos, that aren't about hunting? If they where a hemp suit, that might be a clue? If you walk them out after the interview, look for bumper stickers on their car? LOL I'm joking, kinda. I remember one of the Koch brothers being interviewed for about an hour about their company. What struck me was they always take the interviewees for lunch in the cafeteria to see how they treat cafeteria workers. If they are rude or mean to them, they won't hire them, period. I like Sitka and it looks like they've done a fine job handling this situation.

Okhotnik

WKR
Maybe look at the bumper stickers on their car? If they where a hemp suit, that might be a clue? If you walk them out after the interview, look for bumper stickers on their car? I remember one of the Koch brothers being interviewed for about an hour about their company. What struck me was they always take the interviewees for lunch in the cafeteria to see how they treat cafeteria workers. If they are rude or mean to them, they won't hire them, period. I like Sitka and it looks like they've done a fine job handling this situation.

Can you go on FB or instagram and call your boss or your companiy’s clients idiots and make negative remarks about your employer or clients and not suffer any consequences?

I have a few friends in HR for big companies like Amazon and Microsoft and the first thing they do when a prospective employee is intervieeduand considered for a position is check their social media.

I’ve been in
Law enforcement over 27 years and before I go and testify in court in state or federal courts the DA or ass US Atorneys ask me if I have perceived negative comments on social media

People lose or fail to get hired every day for controversial comments on their social media .

Sitka needs to step with unequivocal support of hunting and firearms. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.