Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billinsd

WKR
So based on the above Instagram some of the employees and representatives of Sitka are pro hunting and pro 2nd amendment rights and some are anti hunting and anti gun rights.
No, the majority stand strong behind the 2nd Amendment and the hunting lifestyle. Some probably don't stand strong with the 2nd Amendment and/or hunting lifestyles. Looks like just one anti guy, unless their are more that are in the closet.

Okhotnik

WKR
No, the majority stand strong behind the 2nd Amendment and the hunting lifestyle. Some probably don't stand strong with the 2nd Amendment and/or hunting lifestyles. Looks like just one anti guy, unless their are more that are in the closet.

Sitka’s response said the majority. What does that mean? Why would they allow an anti hunting advocate speak for their company?

Very sloppy. Takes about 10 min to vet someone on social media.

I like Sitka. Quality but if they truly support hunting and the 2nd amendment they need to be more careful

If they want to align themselves with the humane society and other anti hunting , anti gun groups like Patagonia good luck with that

Billinsd

WKR
Can you go on FB or instagram and call your boss or your companiy’s clients idiots and make negative remarks about your employer or clients and not suffer any consequences?

I have a few friends in HR for big companies like Amazon and Microsoft and the first thing they do when a prospective employee is intervieeduand considered for a position is check their social media.

I’ve been in
Law enforcement over 27 years and before I go and testify in court in state or federal courts the DA or ass US Atorneys ask me if I have perceived negative comments on social media

People lose or fail to get hired every day for controversial comments on their social media.

Sitka needs to step with unequivocal support of hunting and firearms. Imo
I agree with what you wrote. I was just talking about ways to screen out idiots. Social media sure is dangerous. I'm not saying there shouldn't be consequences for what people say, but you sure have to be careful. Words are cheap, but can turn out expensive.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka hasn't come out and said anything, that instagram post that Les posted was from an employee of Sitka, not the company. Just crickets and a typical form letter when you email them.

Okhotnik

WKR
I agree with what you wrote. I was just talking about ways to screen out idiots. Social media sure is dangerous. I'm not saying there shouldn't be consequences for what people say, but you sure have to be careful. Words are cheap, but can turn out expensive.

When you are hired on with a company you sign a contract and US first amendment laws don’t not cover you at the work place. This is long standing. Go bring a NAZI flag to work tomorrow and call your boss a clown and female and black co workers derogatory names , which is covered under freedom of speech , and let us know how it works out for you.

tdhanses

WKR
Can you go on FB or instagram and call your boss or your companiy’s clients idiots and make negative remarks about your employer or clients and not suffer any consequences?

I have a few friends in HR for big companies like Amazon and Microsoft and the first thing they do when a prospective employee is intervieeduand considered for a position is check their social media.

I’ve been in
Law enforcement over 27 years and before I go and testify in court in state or federal courts the DA or ass US Atorneys ask me if I have perceived negative comments on social media

People lose or fail to get hired every day for controversial comments on their social media .

Sitka needs to step with unequivocal support of hunting and firearms. Imo

Heck even New York libs are trying to pass a law that before you can register for a pistol permit you must first go through a social media check for mentally unstable remarks of which the sheriffs dept will make the decision. Funny people discount it yet you are being watched.

Billinsd

WKR
Sitka’s response said the majority. What does that mean? Why would they allow an anti hunting advocate speak for their company?
Like I said, "I" interpreted majority to be strong supporters and some aren't strong. It's not worded or written real well, though. I'm generally a give them the benefit of the doubt kinda guy. Just one idiot and a slow response doesn't worry me. What kinda of stuff has Sitka done or people they have hung out with are unsavory? I'm unaware of anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Heck even New York libs are trying to pass a law that before you can register for a pistol permit you must first go through a social media check for mentally unstable remarks of which the sheriffs dept will make the decision. Funny people discount it yet you are being watched.
The guberment looking at your social media to allow you to exercise your 2nd Amendment and hiring people is kinda different, being that one is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Okhotnik

WKR
Like I said, "I" interpreted majority to be strong supporters and some aren't strong. It's not worded or written real well, though. I'm generally a give them the benefit of the doubt kinda guy. Just one idiot and a slow response doesn't worry me. What kinda of stuff has Sitka done or people they have hung out with are unsavory? I'm unaware of anything?
As a consumer hunter and customer of Sitka I found their response to be weak and pathetic but maybe they see themselves as another Patagonia outfitting the anti hunting anti gun urban crowd

Billinsd

WKR
When you are hired on with a company you sign a contract and US first amendment laws don’t not cover you at the work place. This is long standing. Go bring a NAZI flag to work tomorrow and call your boss a clown and female and black co workers derogatory names , which is covered under freedom of speech , and let us know how it works out for you.
I agree with you. I must not be getting across to you. It seems like you are arguing with me, when we both are in agreement. Maybe it's me.

tdhanses

WKR

- - - Updated - - -

The guberment looking at your social media to allow you to exercise your 2nd Amendment and hiring people is kinda different, being that one is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Just stating best be careful what you post all around in this digital age.

Billinsd

WKR
As a consumer hunter and customer of Sitka I found their response to be weak and pathetic but maybe they see themselves as another Patagonia outfitting the anti hunting anti gun urban crowd
OK, it wasn't real strong. It would be great if it was stronger. I don't see how you see them like Patagonia one tiny bit from just this incident and their response. That's just me, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just stating best be careful what you post all around in this digital age.
I agree. It's not like you are talking amongst a few people, it's the whole world. It's extremely unforgiving.

- - - Updated - - -

Sitka hasn't come out and said anything, that instagram post that Les posted was from an employee of Sitka, not the company. Just crickets and a typical form letter when you email them.
It's gotta be frightening running a business these days. I imagine and I'm fine with them strategizing to do what's best for their company and image. Maybe they are afraid if they fire the idiot, he will sue them? Me, personally am fine with Sitka at this very moment from what I've read so far.

Last edited:

JP100

WKR
Well thats was a little entertaining.

Biggest issue for me now is that everything has been deleted.

I dont care what you stand for, anti hunting, pro gun control, what ever. Thats your right to have that view.

What I cannot stand is someone who hides their views, thats bullshit.

If you have a stance, stand with it. own your views.

There are enough people and companies that dont know whether to stand up or sit down to pee, and its bullshit.

Own your views, be who you are. regardless of whether thats the 'right' view or the 'wrong' one.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Social media and the digital age is interesting as a society our world is changing by the moment. I feel much too young to say it but it is moving at a speed that I cannot keep up with and the younger someone is the faster they are adopting and using it.

Most companies have hired add firms or the girl next door to run their social media.
It is easy to see why, the amount of content needed to keep someone engaged to your page is a full time job.

PROBLEM: They have now outsourced this advertising to young people with views who likely live in San Francisco, Los Angeles or Bozeman as a best case scenario.

This is why you see company's " Liking " things without a second thought. It is because they are simply trying to keep their name in front of you. AND THEN this happens.

The SMART companies manage their own social media and do so slower and more responsibly.

As for this guy, he is a Coward. Deleting your post tells me everything I need to know. He will pay but not in a way that you guys think. In time his wife will leave him because he is not a man and he cannot provide the security that only a man, preferably a man with a gun can provide. She will leave him most likely for the girl in produce at Whole Foods.

jspradley

WKR
Well their customer base would be happy, doubt a boycott from anti hunters would financially impact them. Plus people probably would have spent some money just from them quickly handling it, lol.

That was sarcasm.. because what you said they should say was pretty much exactly what they did say.:D

- - - Updated - - -

what people are seeing as the voice of Sitka right now, even though we all know he isn't.

And that's the problem, you have a bunch of people having a kneejerk reaction thinking that the actions of one employee constitutes a message from the company. Now if the video had Sitka's logo all over it and was an official announcement then eff 'em but it wasn't. It was some rando saying something stupid.

Now we have a bunch of snowflakes backtracking and doing the typical liberal mental gymnastics BS talking about how Sitka must approve of it because they would have vetted him and since he has X amount of social media followers that must constitute an endorsement from the company blah blah blah.

The simple fact of the matter is it feels so much better for yall to be morally outraged at a big company than some rando who happens to work there (assuming he still works there, which the only evidence we have points to him not working there) that you will go through all sorts of mental gymnastics and justifications to hold on to that outrage.

It's shameful behavior from a group who really should know better.

gabenzeke

WKR
That was sarcasm.. because what you said they should say was pretty much exactly what they did say.:D

- - - Updated - - -

And that's the problem, you have a bunch of people having a kneejerk reaction thinking that the actions of one employee constitutes a message from the company. Now if the video had Sitka's logo all over it and was an official announcement then eff 'em but it wasn't. It was some rando saying something stupid.

Now we have a bunch of snowflakes backtracking and doing the typical liberal mental gymnastics BS talking about how Sitka must approve of it because they would have vetted him and since he has X amount of social media followers that must constitute an endorsement from the company blah blah blah.

The simple fact of the matter is it feels so much better for yall to be morally outraged at a big company than some rando who happens to work there (assuming he still works there, which the only evidence we have points to him not working there) that you will go through all sorts of mental gymnastics and justifications to hold on to that outrage.

It's shameful behavior from a group who really should know better.
Totally understand where you are coming from. And to be honest, I wasn't outraged. Can't speak for others. I just have concerns about some of the things I see from 'the industry's as a whole. Not that we should necessarily even care what media personalities think. But I just think the whole thing is something we all need to be cognizant of. I don't think it's good when hunters are fragmented into even smaller differentiated factions. Easier for antis to eliminate the smaller groups than it is to take on all of us as gun owners and or hunters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Does this shine a light on a bigger problem with the "hunting industry" all the new so called hunters who are there just to make a dollar. I think there is a fine line we need people to start hunting and help with the public lands issue but at times you just get the feeling there are a fair amount of them doing it with different motives in mind. I think there are a lot of wolves in sheeps clothing. Companies are going to be more careful on who they hire and what is posted on social media be it right or wrong. I think this could have happened to a lot of out door companies that are getting bigger it just so happened sitka was it. They seem to have a lot of good people working and representing them and i dont know if just letting one bad egg ruin all there good names.

I love my sitka and will keep buying and wearing it as growing up wearing one piece walls coveralls and wonder bread bags in my boots to keep my feet dry makes me appreciate it even more.

jspradley

WKR
Totally understand where you are coming from. And to be honest, I wasn't outraged. Can't speak for others. I just have concerns about some of the things I see from 'the industry's as a whole. Not that we should necessarily even care what media personalities think. But I just think the whole thing is something we all need to be cognizant of. I don't think it's good when hunters are fragmented into even smaller differentiated factions. Easier for antis to eliminate the smaller groups than it is to take on all of us as gun owners and or hunters.

Sorry man I wasn't directing that at you, the quote thing got all wonky...

We should absolutely be concerned about a lot of the things going on in the industry but going on a witch hunt claiming some huge conspiracy when there is no evidence isn't the way to go about it.

I absolutely agree that Sitka would be smart to make a more concrete statement and I would be surprised if they didn't but whining about them not immediately jumping to trash talk an employee/former employee in public just doesn't reflect an understanding of how reality works.

gabenzeke

WKR
Sorry man I wasn't directing that at you, the quote thing got all wonky...

We should absolutely be concerned about a lot of the things going on in the industry but going on a witch hunt claiming some huge conspiracy when there is no evidence isn't the way to go about it.

I absolutely agree that Sitka would be smart to make a more concrete statement and I would be surprised if they didn't but whining about them not immediately jumping to trash talk an employee/former employee in public just doesn't reflect an understanding of how reality works.
I should have clarified, I knew your post wasn't specific to me. Just wanted to point out that I'm not outraged. I think all the stuff we see with various brands and people destroying the stuff they ALREADY BOUGHT(!?!?!) is so dumb and does nothing that emailing the company and telling them your opinion wouldn't have done.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone I think the blasting of Sitka has to end. The dude was an independent consultant for Sitka and in the post never mentioned Sitka or had any logos showing Sitka. Do some research and see all the positives Sitka has done for the hunting industry. They in no way can control what anyone that works directly or indirectly for them says on their own free time. I bet that every single one of you probably says something in your private life that doesn’t line up with what your company thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
XL shirt, 34x34 pants, just sayin’

#imthemostoutraged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.