Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

WKR
Never heard of Charles Post, I don't play facebook or instagram. Question I have is who made the executive decision at Sitka to hire this dude in the first place? I have to assume his political leftist activism was no secret before this firestorm?

I’d assume few on here have. And this is just speculation, but maybe one of his buddies got him an in at Sitka.

Side note- I’m curious what % of Sitka sales are made up of Rokslide members

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it makes anyone feel better, he does not list “ecologist for Sitka gear on his Instagram anymore.

Trial153

WKR
Situations like this bring one thing into clarity for me. The propensity of hunters to eat their own will be our downfall.

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
To pretend Sitka didn't know who they were hiring is laughable. Social media history, college of choice, LinkedIn. Spend 5 minutes Googling and you will learn all you need to know. Not only should Charles Post get fired, but the people at Sitka who approved the hire should be canned for not performing any due diligence.

Unless of course in their effort to virtue signal and drive sales, Sitka is moving left. It would not surprise me at all considering the parent company, Gore, is a multinational conglomerate that could give a rat's ass about our rights as gun owners or hunters.

tdhanses

WKR
I’d assume few on here have. And this is just speculation, but maybe one of his buddies got him an in at Sitka. Like I said, Bozeman is a small town.

Side note- I’m curious what % of Sitka sales are made up of Rokslide members?

I wonder what percentage of DU, Whitetailes Unlimited, SCI, RMEF and NRA members are Sitka customers vs the Humane Society members, more then you would think I bet considering how much Sitka has donated.

- - - Updated - - -

If it makes anyone feel better, he does not list “ecologist for Sitka gear on his Instagram anymore.

I wonder if the Sitka Accounts Payable clerk has his/her position at Sitka listed on their Instagram bio, doubt it.

Is Rachel Pohl his wife? Notice she deleted it off her page as well.

Yes.

I’m not a fan of his statement on background checks but pulling that shit in conjunction with humane society, anti-hunting poster boy is what really had me thinking WTF!

SWOHTR

WKR
Grown men arguing about clothing and politics. I’m done with this thread! Enjoy. Please pm me if you want to sell your Sitka gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I will wear my Sitka proud because I absolutely know that Sitka is not an anti second amendment company and this will be handled correctly. I will wear it proud knowing that I didnt jump on the knee jerk wagon, claiming that companies should be held liable for the actions of their employees, when their employees are on their own time. I will wear my Sitka proudly and laughing as everyone will have forgotten about this by the end of 2018.

I will not wear it proudly, IF and thats a giant IF, Sitka comes out saying that they support this guy and the statements he made. At that point, I will proudly get rid of my Sitka.

Until then, I will stand by my responses. Which includes openly admitting that I hope Sitka cans this guy over this.

Well said Corb.
I don't know anyone at Sitka but I trust what Les says.

Randy

Trial153

WKR
If a guy is shooting holes in the proverbial boat, do you have a problem throwing him overboard?
Let's call a spade a spade. Sitka gear has been the premier sponsor of almost every major hunting/ conservation organizations in the last 10 years. They have partnered with firearms manufacturers, archery manufacturers and hunting manufacturers of all kinds. The company is filled hunters, hunting media personalities ...guys that we have personal connections. People of known quailty.

Sitka Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear

Yet one wing nut makes a post on Instagram and in minutes we have hunters tuning on them with so much as a benefit of doubt. I have witness Conjecture, conspiracy, insinuation and flat out nastiness.
In this situation we are damaged more from our own behavior then anything else.
Its shameful.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Yes.

I’m not a fan of his statement on background checks but pulling that shit in conjunction with humane society, anti-hunting poster boy is what really had me thinking WTF!

Yeah you know that fact really just hit me, no one has really commented on that additional piece.

marktole

WKR
There is no legal definition of "mass shooting" so any shooting with more than one victim can be considered a "mass shooting' and any "school shooting" is a school that happens on school grounds for any motication. Both of those facts allow for SERIOUS padding of the statistics on what we consider active shooters.

I can agree to that, you can pad the hell out of "mass shooting" stats. I read an article earlier this year in maybe February or March? It was from a left leaning news source, so I am not even sure why I bothered reading it. The article claimed there had already been "18 mass school shootings in 2018 and its only February/March."

Luckily they laid out their criteria for mass school shooting and it was a bunch of BS like "shootings involved a firearm being discharged, even if there was no fatalities, shootings happening on or within 100 yards of school grounds, shootings involving 3 or more people, including the gunman" and there was 2-3 other criteria that really widened the net. Anyways, gang violence in inner cities in places like Chicago near school grounds accounted for like 16 of the 18 events. Most seemed to meet the bare minimum 3 person requirement, but you can see how padding the stat and spinning it made it look far, far worse.

tdhanses

WKR
Let's call a spade a spade. Sitka gear has been the premier sponsor of almost every major hunting/ conservation organizations in the last 10 years. They have partnered with firearms manufacturers, archery manufacturers and hunting manufacturers of all kinds. The company is filled hunters, hunting media personalities ...guys that we have personal connections. People of known quailty.
Yet one wing nut makes a post on Instagram and in minutes we have hunters tuning on them with so much as a benefit of doubt. I have witness Conjecture, conspiracy, insinuation and flat out nastiness.
In this situation we are damaged more from our own behavior then anything else.
Its shameful.

I don’t think anyone is turning on them but just questioning how the f this guy even became affiliated with them in the first place, then you wonder are they looking to move directions, past is the past and doesn’t guarantee the future. I would think they could have quickly responded with a public statement if they truly have a mission statement in favor of the 2A and conservation, should be something already prepared just for a situation like this.

Trial153

WKR
I don’t think anyone is turning on them but just questioning how the f this guy even became affiliated with them in the first place, then you wonder are they looking to move directions, past is the past and doesn’t guarantee the future. I would think they could have quickly responded with a public statement if they truly have a mission statement in favor of the 2A and conservation, should be something already prepared just for a situation like this.
Thanks for making my case. You cover conjecture, speculation and insinuation.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would think they could have quickly responded with a public statement if they truly have a mission statement in favor of the 2A and conservation, should be something already prepared just for a situation like this.

Absolutely not!! You want a generic prepaid answer??? That makes no sense. I’d like to see a thought out statement that pertains to the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.