Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard

WKR
Everyone I think the blasting of Sitka has to end. The dude was an independent consultant for Sitka and in the post never mentioned Sitka or had any logos showing Sitka. Do some research and see all the positives Sitka has done for the hunting industry. They in no way can control what anyone that works directly or indirectly for them says on their own free time. I bet that every single one of you probably says something in your private life that doesn’t line up with what your company thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This^^
Let's put the pitchforks and torches down

This is only tangentially related, but I have noticed many orgs and figures in our hunting community seeming to be open to the idea of gun control. I first noticed Ryan Callahan like a post on Twitter that was suggesting strict gun control. It wasn't a response to anything or part of a larger conversation, just an isolated tweet. I emailed Rinella about it and asked them to have him clarify his stance because I saw several other questionable likes and tweets. I got a form letter response BUT, shortly after that I went to meat eater live and it came up. Steve said the emails pissed him off and then Callahan sort of shrugged it off jokingly saying it was unlikely that he as a hunter would be anti 2A. But then I started paying attention to the kinds of posts on BHA Facebook posts. While they do seem to do a lot for public land, the followers are very disparaging of anything remotely conservative in nature. BHA themselves have now all but become a political PAC for Democrats. I get that the Right generally aren't supporters of public land, but i guess what I'm getting at is that while I don't have a lot of specifics to point at, it certainly FEELS like some of these 'celebreties' and organizations are moving toward left wing anti gun propaganda machines. It pains me because I LOVE Rinella, his books, show, and podcasts. But he also contributed an article to Outside magazine immediately after the editor went on a tirade on Facebook saying that the magazine is a left leaning organization and stands mostly against hunting. He also suggested that those that disagree are somehow stupid. Makes me wonder what we don't know about all these people. I hate the idea that the only pro 2A 'celebrities' are those that have shows that are 90% kill shots and hooping and hollering. Those folks aren't good for us either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To quote Rinella (or was it newberg?), “pro nuance, anti bullshit.”

BHA supports people who support the environment and public land, fewer of which are Republicans than Democrats. Likewise, the NRA gives good marks to Democrats who support gun rights even if they have many left leaning views. If we are to abandon every public land user who isn’t an ardent supporter of hunting, we lose on public lands. If we are to abandon every hunter who is ok with background checks on private firearm sales, we lose strength in fights for hunting rights. Not everyone can fit the same mold and that doesn’t mean there is some deep commie plan anytime someone in the industry doesn’t fit the GOP platform mold.

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
Its kinda funny, I actually just quit following this guy and his girlfriend two days ago before I knew anything about this. I just got sick of reading their life stories under every photo. It seems like they are kind of starved for attention. Good timing I guess.

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
Charles Post 100k following on Insta. Doesn’t support wolf hunting. Took me less than a minute to find that out.

gabenzeke

WKR
To quote Rinella (or was it newberg?), “pro nuance, anti bullshit.”

BHA supports people who support the environment and public land, fewer of which are Republicans than Democrats. Likewise, the NRA gives good marks to Democrats who support gun rights even if they have many left leaning views. If we are to abandon every public land user who isn’t an ardent supporter of hunting, we lose on public lands. If we are to abandon every hunter who is ok with background checks on private firearm sales, we lose strength in fights for hunting rights. Not everyone can fit the same mold and that doesn’t mean there is some deep commie plan anytime someone in the industry doesn’t fit the GOP platform mold.
I get it, and agree. And I think as hunters we can't follow any particular party line. None of them share all our views. And I'm not suggesting there is a commie conspiracy either. I'm just saying that there seems to be a common theme amongst some of these groups and people. They seem to be softening the stance on specific issues which I think could be problematic unless the vast majority of us get on board. For example, and I'm not for this, just using this as a random example, what if all hunters agreed to eliminating baiting bears or something as a way to assuage some of the attacks on hunting. Or what about agreeing to eliminate AR15s? We all know these are silly ideas that shouldn't be implemented, but, I'm curious if those in the industry are having talks about concessions as a way of self preservation. Not saying they are, just saying I wonder. I'm a member of BHA, love Rinella and Callahan and will continue to support all those folks. I know my personal beliefs will vary from theirs on occasion. But like I said, I often wonder if some are at least talking about this type of idea. No conspiracy. Just folks having debates about creating a sustainable path forward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
If we are to abandon every hunter who is ok with background checks on private firearm sales, we lose strength in fights for hunting rights. Not everyone can fit the same mold and that doesn’t mean there is some deep commie plan anytime someone in the industry doesn’t fit the GOP platform mold.

The man that Charles Post is standing next to is Blake Mycoskie, owner of Tom's Shoes, rabid anti-2A and anti-hunter, Blake's wife is a big wig with HSUS and another rabid anti. You are judged by the company you keep, right or wrong, and he has chosen some extremely questionable people to keep company with as a self styled "Modern Hunter" and is being judged for it. The Mycoskie's are also involved with the Clinton Global Initiative, that right there is all you need to know about their intentions.

Last edited:
The man that Charles Post is standing next to is Blake Mycoskie, owner of Tom's Shoes, rabid anti-2A and anti-hunter, Blake's wife is a big wig with HSUS and another rabid anti. You are judged by the company you keep, right or wrong, and he has chosen some extremely questionable people to keep company with as a self styled "Modern Hunter" and is being judged for it. The Mycoskie's are also involved with the Clinton Global Initiative, that right there is all you need to know about their intentions.

Yep, my post was more of a sidetrack response to another post. No way did I mean to indicate we should give him a pass on association with Mycoskie and I think my previous posts indicate that.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, my post was more of a sidetrack response to another post. No way did I mean to indicate we should give him a pass on association with Mycoskie and I think my previous posts indicate that.

I figured as much, that info was mostly meant for anybody wondering exactly who these guys are. I just quoted you as kind of a precursor to what I posted.

Anyone who wants to see the video in question should go to Facebook and search "Charles Post Media", its the first thing that pops up. I'll post the link, hopefully it works.

This year has been plagued with mass... - Charles Post Media | Facebook

In time his wife will leave him because he is not a man and he cannot provide the security that only a man, preferably a man with a gun can provide. She will leave him most likely for the girl in produce at Whole Foods.

TFF. Wonder if my fiance will leave me because I was wearing Patagonia when I shot my bull this year?

Shrek

WKR
The video is still up on Facebook and Sitka hasn’t disavowed Charles Post nor announced his firing. Sitka needs to get moving or doubts about them will start to grow.

lif

WKR
Meet Xmas. I guess Sitka is this years recipient of the “Let’s Destroy a Business on Social Media Award”. I don’t understand how so many people have so much time to try and find someone to hate. P.S. In theory, everything you purchase or pay taxes on goes into our governments bank It is then used to pay politicians who would like to take our guns as well. Be careful purchasing anything that has tax on it. 😉

Btaylor

WKR
Meet Xmas. I guess Sitka is this years recipient of the “Let’s Destroy a Business on Social Media Award”. I don’t understand how so many people have so much time to try and find someone to hate. P.S. In theory, everything you purchase or pay taxes on goes into our governments bank It is then used to pay politicians who would like to take our guns as well. Be careful purchasing anything that has tax on it. 😉

You mean like Pittman-Robertson?

jtl

FNG
Lots of triggered snowflakes here who need a safe space. Oh no, someone who thinks differently than you do!

What did you think when Google fired the conservative guy who wrote the memo saying their diversity training was stupid? Or what about the students at Evergreen State College that got their professor fired for saying that having a day where white people had to leave campus was a bad idea? You are doing the same thing here - be better than that. Rather than thumping your chest and saying that Sitka needs to apologize and fire him, how about you just refute his evidence and explain why his perspective is wrong?

And you really think that employers should administer some kind of values or attitudes test as a condition of employment?? That would be a disaster for 2A advocates. Far more 2A advocates would be excluded from jobs for supporting the 2A, than gun control advocates would be for their views. Here is the reality: Most Americans favor more gun control. A sizable majority favor assault weapons bans, and that includes 50% of Republicans (Gun Policy Remains Divisive, But Several Proposals Still Draw Bipartisan Support | Pew Research Center)! That means that you are far more likely to have a person interviewing you for a job that favor more control rather than less. Sure, not in the hunting industry, but most of us don't work in the hunting industry.

Just because people want more gun control doesn't make it right, but be careful before you start demanding social sanctioning for personal views. 2A advocates (and hunters) are in the minority, so if you really want to live in a society where people lose jobs (or can't get hired in the first place) because of their beliefs, that is something that will come back to bite all of us.

Okhotnik

WKR

In the spirit of Xmas and the need for hunters to compromise and be open to the changing society I am starting a gofundme for this great pro
Hunting organization

Please join me

Donate to PETA | Donate Now | PETA

tdhanses

WKR
I get a kick out of all the guys that just sit back and relax calling everyone a snowflake for voicing a concern, too funny. Wonder if all these so called snowflakes will protest outside Sitka’s HQ, break window and set cars on fire, lol.

Okhotnik

WKR
Lots of triggered snowflakes here who need a safe space. Oh no, someone who thinks differently than you do!

What did you think when Google fired the conservative guy who wrote the memo saying their diversity training was stupid? Or what about the students at Evergreen State College that got their professor fired for saying that having a day where white people had to leave campus was a bad idea? You are doing the same thing here - be better than that. Rather than thumping your chest and saying that Sitka needs to apologize and fire him, how about you just refute his evidence and explain why his perspective is wrong?

And you really think that employers should administer some kind of values or attitudes test as a condition of employment?? That would be a disaster for 2A advocates. Far more 2A advocates would be excluded from jobs for supporting the 2A, than gun control advocates would be for their views. Here is the reality: Most Americans favor more gun control. A sizable majority favor assault weapons bans, and that includes 50% of Republicans (Gun Policy Remains Divisive, But Several Proposals Still Draw Bipartisan Support | Pew Research Center)! That means that you are far more likely to have a person interviewing you for a job that favor more control rather than less. Sure, not in the hunting industry, but most of us don't work in the hunting industry.

Just because people want more gun control doesn't make it right, but be careful before you start demanding social sanctioning for personal views. 2A advocates (and hunters) are in the minority, so if you really want to live in a society where people lose jobs (or can't get hired in the first place) because of their beliefs, that is something that will come back to bite all of us.

It’s always better to compromise and give up your rights. So if pro hunting groups compromise and not fight for their right radical left wing anti gun and anti hunting groups , like the ones Charles Post at sitka supports, will start to support hunting?

Makes sense to me. Sarc

That method has never worked

tdhanses

WKR
In the spirit of Xmas and the need for hunters to compromise and be open to the changing society I am starting a gofundme for this great pro
Hunting organization

Please join me

Donate to PETA | Donate Now | PETA

Really to better spread your message I think you should make a video of you and their top celebrity together discussing gun control, Instagram would be a great platform to post the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.