Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re ok with all the death threats the followers of these groups put out there, even when directed towards children? Just give them a pass? Or do we sit back and wait for them to act on it before they disgust you?

Of coarse not. Can you please link me to some instances when HSUS directly made these threats? I would be interested in reading about it. Thanks.

This tread is exhausting. I just keep checking back to see if an official response from sitka has been posted. When its posted i hope someone puts it on a new thread.

tdhanses

WKR
Of coarse not. Can you please link me to some instances when HSUS directly made these threats? I would be interested in reading about it. Thanks.

Anti hunters in general, you know what I’m talking about. How about what was done to the guy that shot Cecil the lion. Just saying these people are scum in my book, there is no level 1-10 for me so they rate right there with all terrorist groups.

So I’ll take the non classy comment for being disgusted by both HSUS and ISIS. Any sorry if I offended you using ISIS as a comparison.

Last edited:
What he said was something about background checks and shootings. Nothing about hunting. At all. Sitka is in the hunting gear business, not the gun business. You are really quick to mix these two things up. Saying you support more background checks does not make you anti-hunting. Nor does appearing in a video with someone who is anti-hunting. But you know who it does make you like? Donald Trump. White House: Trump supports move to strengthen gun background checks

Good point.

The fact remains - an instafamous dude with 100k followers who lists his position with Sitka in his bio second only to his marriage making a political call to action video about gun control with a prominent anti-hunter is bad press for Sitka and it does say something about Post.

If he feels that way about background checks you know what would have made people think about his stance more? Doing it with another hunter rather than some dude with HSUS ties.

EDIT: I agree that the pitchfork mob is overkill, but people are not wrong to look at this with question and Sitka would be wise to address it.

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
Good point.

The fact remains - an instafamous dude with 100k followers who lists his position with Sitka in his bio second only to his marriage making a political call to action video about gun control with a prominent anti-hunter is bad press for Sitka and it does say something about Post.

If he feels that way about background checks you know what have made people think about his stance more? Doing it with another hunter rather than some dude with HSUS ties.

EDIT: I agree that the pitchfork mob is overkill, but people are not wrong to look at this with question and Sitka would be wise to address it.

X2. Good post

Fatcamp

WKR
Comparing people who are against hunting to people who murder people over religion. Classy.

I would say jtl addresses this well in his response.

Have you seen the comments in some of the hunting videos on YouTube?

Hell, bowfishing and spearfishing videos result in death threats. Anti-hunting/animal rights groups have a high level of off the charts people in their ranks. You underestimate the hatred they feel for you.

Billinsd

WKR
Man there’s a hell of a lot more liberals on this forum than I would have thought!
Good Lord, me too!!! Non of the other hunting sites are like this. Not the bowsite, not Monster Mulies, they seem super conservative. Actually there are some that are left of moderate and I'm so conservative that there can be a big drift between us.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Man there’s a hell of a lot more liberals on this forum than I would have thought!

I have read a good majority of this thread and never got the impression of anyone being a "liberal". So, out of curiosity which posts would lead you to believe this?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have read a good majority of this thread and never got the impression of anyone being a "liberal". So, out of curiosity which posts would lead you to believe this?

X2, oops! I really was trying not get involved in this thread

Russp17

WKR
wow... nobody on this site is defending him. my only comment is to maybe not call him a weasel or a dick... It doesn't get a pro gun/pro hunting argument across very well.

I think this is the issue with "conservatives" calling him names. They really are bigger "snowflakes" than liberals. A guy loosely related to a company states something borderline offensive and they loose there shit... Wow... I really don't have a problem with him calling for background checks. My bigger problem is him standing next to an anti hunter stating this. Lots of hunters believe we should have background checks.

Get over it. Of course sitka agrees with hunting and the second amendment.

Billinsd

WKR
Have you seen the comments in some of the hunting videos on YouTube?

Hell, bowfishing and spearfishing videos result in death threats. Anti-hunting/animal rights groups have a high level of off the charts people in their ranks. You underestimate the hatred they feel for you.
YouTube
YouTube
If you want to raise your blood pressure look at these.

tdhanses

WKR
wow... nobody on this site is defending him. my only comment is to maybe not call him a weasel or a dick... It doesn't get a pro gun/pro hunting argument across very well.

I think this is the issue with "conservatives" calling him names. They really are bigger "snowflakes" than liberals. A guy loosely related to a company states something borderline offensive and they loose there shit... Wow... I really don't have a problem with him calling for background checks. My bigger problem is him standing next to an anti hunter stating this. Lots of hunters believe we should have background checks.

Yes a weasel is super offensive, lol. Good thing conservatives don’t go crazy like liberals.

Billinsd

WKR
No one here is a screaming, flaming liberal. There are several that are on the left side of moderate....some. Look at Russup17 below your thread, number 312. That's a liberal post to me. It's not super liberal, but it's a bit beyond moderate. I do agree with a lot of what he's saying. It's mostly how I'm interpreting his tone, which also comes across as a bit passive. And of course disparaging consrvatives is liberal to me, because I'm a conservative, lol, tongue and cheek.

Russp17

WKR
No one here is a screaming, flaming liberal. There are several that are on the left side of moderate some. Look at Russup17 below your thread, number 312. That's a liberal post to me. It's not super liberal, but it's a bit beyond moderate. I do agree with a lot of what he's saying. It's mostly how I'm interpreting his tone.

I apologize if I'm coming off as a flaming liberal haha.... Wow... All I'm saying is argue your position don't call names, when we as hunters as gun owners get to that point we loose.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider

In one sentence you say people shouldn't call names and then in the next you call conservatives "snowflakes". So which is it? Don't call people names or don't call people names if you're a conservative, anyone else though it's ok.

Background checks? Every gun I've ever bought I've had to fill out a 4473 and go through a background check.

Does Sitka? You would think that but this guy is still on their staff, spewing anti-2A garbage with a rabid anti. The least they could is publicly say he doesnt speak for them, so far though it's just silence.

Billinsd

WKR
I apologize if I'm coming off as a flaming liberal haha.... Wow... All I'm saying is argue your position don't call names, when we as hunters as gun owners get to that point we loose.
No, read my post again. No one here is a flaming liberal. Some are a bit left of moderate. I mostly agree with you.

Russp17

WKR
Yes a weasel is super offensive, lol. Good thing conservatives don’t go crazy like liberals.

so if someone calls you a weasel or a dick you wouldn't get slightly offended? open ended question? If someone calls someone a name they are on the defense and atomically insulted and arguing out of feelings not facts. That's all I'm saying.

My opinion is he probably should loose his job. Will I boycott Sitka no, but either way I'm not going to get that butt hurt. It really doesn't bother me.

Billinsd

WKR
Some obviously do, most don't in general. Not all liberals go crazy either. Many are calm, many are not. Crazy conservatives and liberals are the ones that get noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.