Unfollowing Hunting Social Media Will Make Hunting Better: Matt Rinella Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poser

WKR
Does this apply to small game and waterfowl or just deer and elk? Trying to get my rules of good living book done. It will be available for purchase on my instagram, twitter and facebook ;)

Small game influencing is probably an untapped market. Just need the right huntress with 300k followers to start posting sexy squirrel kills while living the #vanlife and #chasingthedream of being a nomadic squirrel huntress. DNRs will foam at the mouth to pay her to come hunt their states #diy #otc for squirrel. She can donate the meat to her friends snd family along the way, build her brand, sell her tanned hides on Etsy, build her Only Fans following while collecting those YouTube checks and selling her line of camo bikinis.

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Small game influencing is probably an untapped market. Just need the right huntress with 300k followers to start posting sexy squirrel kills while living the #vanlife and #chasingthedream of being a nomadic squirrel huntress. DNRs will foam at the mouth to pay her to come hunt their states #diy #otc for squirrel. She can donate the meat to her friends snd family along the way, build her brand, sell her tanned hides on Etsy, build her Only Fans following while collecting those YouTube checks and selling her like of camo bikinis.
:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

Small game influencing is probably an untapped market. Just need the right huntress with 300k followers to start posting sexy squirrel kills while living the #vanlife and #chasingthedream of being a nomadic squirrel huntress. DNRs will foam at the mouth to pay her to come hunt their states #diy #otc for squirrel. She can donate the meat to her friends snd family along the way, build her brand, sell her tanned hides on Etsy, build her Only Fans following while collecting those YouTube checks and selling her line of camo bikinis.
We are not far off...have you visited "chick in bikini catching a fish" instagram?

KurtR

WKR
Small game influencing is probably an untapped market. Just need the right huntress with 300k followers to start posting sexy squirrel kills while living the #vanlife and #chasingthedream of being a nomadic squirrel huntress. DNRs will foam at the mouth to pay her to come hunt their states #diy #otc for squirrel. She can donate the meat to her friends snd family along the way, build her brand, sell her tanned hides on Etsy, build her Only Fans following while collecting those YouTube checks and selling her like of camo bikinis.
Its tapped. All over social media. i will say social media has helped me get into running my dog in HRC hunt tests and pro trainers have been super helpful and made a bunch of new friends.

Rob5589

WKR
Its tapped. All over social media. i will say social media has helped me get into running my dog in HRC hunt tests and pro trainers have been super helpful and made a bunch of new friends.
Which; small game influencer, or the huntresses themselves?

KurtR

WKR
Which; small game influencer, or the huntresses themselves?
Well im sure a fair amount of the huntresses are tapped but ya small game is all over waterfowl in general. I have actually learned a fair amount on setting spreads even though chasing ducks and geese have been what i lived for the last 35 years. Living in the middle of BFE has an advantage not much influence going on out here. to cold windy and flat.

Poser

WKR
We are not far off...have you visited "chick in bikini catching a fish" instagram?

Yeah, but that’s played out. As far as I know, the “hot girl goes squirrel hunting” market is wide open. All you need is a couple of ten thousand, simp dudes with a grip n grin profile photo to comment “good morning, beautiful” on a daily basis and success has been achieved.

Will_m

WKR
I'm glad Matt Rinella went after this Dan Staton character. Dan has been encouraging aspiring Elk Archers to work hard all year on all the details to put more Elk on the ground.

Is it even legal to organize a place for 50 Elk Archers to gather for 3 whole days. Imagine how aweful it must be for these guys to meet others who share the same passion. Dan says they even drink beers at days end. They aren't even wearing masks.View attachment 356783

What really erks me is Dan brings in a mapping guru, a world champion elk caller, an archery coach, and the 2 key guys from Phelps game calls. It's not fair that people who want to get better at harvesting elk get to learn face to face from expert hunters. View attachment 356784

These Elkshape camps are like a "Campdemic" for elk. I am writing Governors of these states to "SHUT THIS DOWN"View attachment 356785

This logo should be banned
View attachment 356786

Hello, Mr. Staton.

OMB

WKR
May seem counterintuitive to some but, instead of swearing off SM, create an account and call the DB's out. Bitching on here won't stop them, maybe a bunch of folks calling them out will. Or possibly slow them down. Sponsors pay attention. If one of their promoters starts receiving a ton of backlash, they're likely to take action.
Part of the problem is that it's so hard to get any groundswell of support because everyone in the hunting industry pretty much hangs together, have business deals together, or don't want to rock the boat. Take Josh Bowmar, for example, probably the poster child for questionable hunting practices and amplifying them on social media. Despite the fact he's facing federal charges, he continues to break rules like moving deer between CWD states and hunt without his license, but people in the industry like Levi Morgan still work with him. Any critical comments on his posts are deleted and the user blocked, all while leaving up flowery messages of congrats from other guys in the industry.

Another example would be the guy from Muley Freak. He's already been convicted of some fairly serious allegations, enough to lose hunting privileges. Now he's back posting the same questionable content of shooting animals 750 yards away 10 feet away from the truck, a lot of times with less than ideal results. Scroll through his likes and comments and it's filled with other industry people.

These are just two blatant examples, but there's dozens and dozens more out there. I don't agree with everything Matt Rinella said, but guys, it shouldn't be that difficult to police our own, and expect accountability from those that sell and market products that we buy. The "good" people in the hunting industry could buy so much good will if they cut out that "bad" 10 or 20% profiting from hunting and blacklisted them such that they could never make a living in the outdoor space again.

If we don't self-police our own, anti-hunters surely will.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Did you all listen to the same Kifaru podcast? I thought it was very calm and relaxed. Good counter point. I didn’t think it was bad at all.

Aron and the rest had good points to bring up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the wilderness locals one.

Seemed angry. Lot name of name calling. Maybe it’s understandable. I’m not the one to say

T&K Hunting gear has entered the chat
emoji23.png
What's the backstory to this?

Part of the problem is that it's so hard to get any groundswell of support because everyone in the hunting industry pretty much hangs together, have business deals together, or don't want to rock the boat. Take Josh Bowmar, for example, probably the poster child for questionable hunting practices and amplifying them on social media. Despite the fact he's facing federal charges, he continues to break rules like moving deer between CWD states and hunt without his license, but people in the industry like Levi Morgan still work with him. Any critical comments on his posts are deleted and the user blocked, all while leaving up flowery messages of congrats from other guys in the industry.

Another example would be the guy from Muley Freak. He's already been convicted of some fairly serious allegations, enough to lose hunting privileges. Now he's back posting the same questionable content of shooting animals 750 yards away 10 feet away from the truck, a lot of times with less than ideal results. Scroll through his likes and comments and it's filled with other industry people.

These are just two blatant examples, but there's dozens and dozens more out there. I don't agree with everything Matt Rinella said, but guys, it shouldn't be that difficult to police our own, and expect accountability from those that sell and market products that we buy. The "good" people in the hunting industry could buy so much good will if they cut out that "bad" 10 or 20% profiting from hunting and blacklisted them such that they could never make a living in the outdoor space again.

If we don't self-police our own, anti-hunters surely will.
Which brings up an excellent point. People say “Call out the charlatans”
But, you just explained how difficult that is, unless you have a huge following, which sucks because it’s hard to get a huge following as a “normal” person, lol not to mention anyone who would call someone out wouldn’t be the kind of person who enjoyed a large following…

Status
Not open for further replies.