Social Media Guidelines for Hunters

KurtR

WKR
Photos of ungulates only. I think whenever there are posts involving predators or traps, it's never good. Save those for friendly sites not for the general public.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
What about birds and bird dogs are those on the acceptable list?

ODB

WKR
I saw a post yesterday of coyote caught in a foot trap - snarling with his mouth open - in obvious pain and distress. The guy with the camera seemed to take great pleasure in this and moved the camera around for added effect while the coyote hunched away from the foothold, but was of course unable to free himself. Comments were as sickening at the video.

Guys who revel in this type of shit by spreading it while looking for followers, comments, likes, kudos, what have you, are anathema to the conservationist/hunter mindset. Need a guideline for content like this? Don't post it. I am more tolerant of tasteful pics, but not in the interest of commerce.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a post yesterday of coyote caught in a foot trap - snarling with his mouth open - in obvious pain and distress. The guy with the camera seemed to take great pleasure in this and moved the camera around for added effect while the coyote hunched away from the foothold, but was of course unable to free himself. Comments were as sickening at the video.

Guys who revel in this type of shit by spreading it while looking for followers, comments, likes, kudos, what have you, are anathema to the conservationist/hunter mindset. Need a guideline for content like this? Don't post it. I am more tolerant of tasteful pics, but not in the interest of commerce.

Agreed. Easy to make non hunters stand up against us when they see that.

Which platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pdzoller

WKR

That is sick. When people do that to dogs and cats they are considered to be a potential serial killer. I’m not against trapping but definitely hate to see suffering.

I would bet money that trapping, baiting and hound hunting will not stand the test of time against anti and non hunter scrutiny.
In their eyes, it is hard d to justify that kind of killing especially if the animals are not eaten.

While I agree there are things that shouldn’t be put on the internet like animals suffering, nobody wants to see that, not even hunters.

It just seems there is a bending the knee mentality. The problem is people that are offended by hunting and make a stink about it have never been told no in their lives. Hunters aren’t going around trying to stop them from doing the stuff they do or enjoy in life. The way I see it, people should post up whatever they want and not be worried about offending someone. Being scared of offending somebody is a big problem with society these days and it’s starting to leak into hunting.

Sled

WKR
In the words of one of the greats, "stay classy San Diego".

Tact goes a long way. It affords those on the fence the ability to receive the message and appreciate hunting for the good in it.

Of the few influencers I've seen, Newberg seems to get it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That is sick. When people do that to dogs and cats they are considered to be a potential serial killer. I’m not against trapping but definitely hate to see suffering.

I would bet money that trapping, baiting and hound hunting will not stand the test of time against anti and non hunter scrutiny.
In their eyes, it is hard d to justify that kind of killing especially if the animals are not eaten.
What is sad is that a large number of hunters have zero problem with letting those things be banned. Those are the types of hunters I have nothing in common with. If they don't support all legal methods of take, they can stay at the house. It falls right into the hands of those groups who will keep chipping away at hunting methods until they're all gone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
Be open minded and willing to have a discussion about hunting with someone that has a different opinion rather than just telling them they are stupid (unless they are supporters of PETA or Hsus, then they are stupid )

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Neuro

FNG
Avoiding posting anything thats against the guidelines of the area you're hunting in is what I think is most important.
On the positive side, simple obvious points like a post that shows you collect any litter after you leave your camping spot can do a lot to improve the image of hunters.

ODB

WKR
I was super into hunting accounts on Instagram, but I had to stop following most of them because all they did was advertise products...

I saw an idiot flat out ask Hilleberg how he could be an ambassador. After all he has one of their tents and hunts TX, AK, etc etc etc….

I know factually that several big gear companies have had enough of people nagging the shit out of them to be an ambassador. The tail is starting to wag the dog and the dog is turning out not to like it…

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Avoiding posting anything thats against the guidelines of the area you're hunting in is what I think is most important.
Thanks for chiming in, but not sure what you meant about “… Guidelines of the area?”

Neuro

FNG
Thanks for chiming in, but not sure what you meant about “… Guidelines of the area?”
Well it could be any little things. One example out here is that certain forest hunting areas have public zones where you may traverse, but any bows or firearms must be secured till you pass that zone.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well it could be any little things. One example out here is that certain forest hunting areas have public zones where you may traverse, but any bows or firearms must be secured till you pass that zone.

Understand now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If you have a video of your hunt and you show the shot and the hit, don't post any part of the video that may show the animal laying in the ground struggling to get to it's feet in obvious pain. That will turn of even the middle of the road viewers. Sure a lot videos show the hit animal running off, that's fine, not the suffering part.