And so it begins....

Jakerex

WKR
Why? the vast majority of the shootings that are being used as a reason for these laws were committed by someone that had legally passed a background check. The shooter of the Stoneman shooting specifically referenced by Biden yesterday bought his rifle legally from a store with a background check. As for gangsters and criminal getting guns, they are getting them via the black market ala stolen guns, no background check law is going to fix that.. Universal background checks is one of those "slam dunk" "common sense" laws that does nothing to address the issue at hand and is the gateway to further restrictions. Once UBCs are implemented then when shootings continue it will be waiting periods, then it will be limits on the number of guns per month or year, then it will be background checks on ammo, then it will be restrictions on the amount of ammo you can buy, then restrictions on the amount of ammo you can posses. Just look at California, each year for the past decade they have passed a dozen laws like these every legislative session yet California continues to have one of the highest firearm murder rates.

You made my point. Why? Who cares, it won’t affect you or any other law abiding citizen, but it will make the left happy and possibly keep a gun or two out of the wrong person’s hands. Right? The only disadvantage is you have an extra couple minutes of paper work for every gun you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJB

FNG
You made my point. Why? Who cares, it won’t affect you or any other law abiding citizen, but it will make the left happy and possibly keep a gun or two out of the wrong person’s hands. Right? The only disadvantage is you have an extra couple minutes of paper work for every gun you buy.

Plus a cost which is about $50 per check at the gun shops around me. Also who is to say it won't go up from there and it will have no effect on gun crimes what so ever.

kopecsean

FNG
Plus a cost which is about $50 per check at the gun shops around me. Also who is to say it won't go up from there and it will have no effect on gun crimes what so ever.
No effect at all is 100% correct!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

kopecsean

FNG

Scary that they want to make YOUR gun and YOUR address public. Come and get em Ms. Lee
09e04201a258e2a7545811d0615dd21d.jpg

Okhotnik

WKR
Sold all them “assault weapons” at a gun show a few years back. Don’t remember who I sold em to...

What kills me is the discussions around firearm manufacturer liability. If something passes on that end, it will one, put firearm manufactures out of business, and two, set a phucked up precedent. Like, think of manufacturer liability for cars, tobacco, alcohol, knives, etc. any damn thing that could kill someone.

Crazy chit.

I do agree with background checks across the board for any firearm purchase. Seems silly not to.

omg

Jakerex

WKR

I don’t know. I see it as no effect like everyone else here, that’s why I don’t care if it happens or not. It won’t affect me or anyone I know. I think it’s $5.00 for a background check in PA but I’m not sure.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I don’t know. I see it as no effect like everyone else here, that’s why I don’t care if it happens or not. It won’t affect me or anyone I know. I think it’s $5.00 for a background check in PA but I’m not sure.

So you only care about things when they impact you? Shake my head...

So how do you feel about a national gun registry? Because there is absolutely no way to enforce universal background checks without a list of every firearm in existence and who the current owner is. Would that impact you enough to care? How about when certain guns are then outlawed and they use that registry to no knock you in the middle of the night. Would you care then?

DJB

FNG

No effect on gun crime but it does have an effect on me a law abiding citizen. So there is an effect and with no change in the crime rate. You get nicked enough and you will bleed out, same with 2A rights, a little bit at a time and one day you have none.

Last edited:

def90

WKR

Background check fees here in Colorado where we have universal background checks runs on average around $50 and many gunshops will not even do walk in ftf background checks, they will only run checks on firearms that they sell. $10.50 goes to he state and the rest is collected by the FFL.

BTW, gun crime has risen in Colorado since the UBC law went in to effect here.

Jakerex

WKR
So you only care about things when they impact you? Shake my head...

So how do you feel about a national gun registry? Because there is absolutely no way to enforce universal background checks without a list of every firearm in existence and who the current owner is. Would that impact you enough to care? How about when certain guns are then outlawed and they use that registry to no knock you in the middle of the night. Would you care then?

They only reason you’re here is because this “impacts” you, your ideals, what you care about. Are you on the gay and lesbian rights forum causing a pissing match....nope, cause it doesn’t impact you. I guarantee you’re not on any forums or preaching for, or donating to any cause that you don’t care about....maybe you can prove me wrong?

We can disagree and that’s fine, but I would be in favor of background checks for all gun purchases. To me it’s common sense, to you, it’s not. My opinion. Differing opinions are ok

ODB

WKR

You need to read this shit man. How about full registration, including ammo? How about physch profiles? How about an $800 fee?

how about the goddam outdoor orgs who exist on the backs of hunters get off their asses and realize that if this gun shit goes south, everything will follow.
Read on, and if you still want this shit enacted let us know:

kopecsean

FNG
You need to read this shit man. How about full registration, including ammo? How about physch profiles? How about an $800 fee?

how about the goddam outdoor orgs who exist on the backs of hunters get off their asses and realize that if this gun shit goes south, everything will follow.

I read it the other day and it's scary sh*t!

Jakerex

WKR

Yeah, I’ve seen some of that and it’s nutz and I’m definitely against it.

I’m referring only to your basic background check. Background, and what I’m referring to:
I know a dude who has about 8 DUI’s, has been admitted to the psych ward, isn’t permitted to own a firearm by law, and he has purchased long guns at gun shows. This MF has threatened to kill people and has been arrested for it, but yet, he can go to a gun show and buy a long gun. Shouldn’t be able to happen. Yeah yeah yeah, I know he could go buy one illegally on the street or somewhere or whatever, but the system is too easy.

sneaky

"DADDY"

That's quite possibly the dumbest thing you could possibly write. "It won't affect me or anyone I know".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DJB

FNG

I’m referring only to your basic background check. Background, and what I’m referring to:
I know a dude who has about 8 DUI’s, has been admitted to the psych ward, isn’t permitted to own a firearm by law, and he has purchased long guns at gun shows. This MF has threatened to kill people and has been arrested for it, but yet, he can go to a gun show and buy a long gun. Shouldn’t be able to happen. Yeah yeah yeah, I know he could go buy one illegally on the street or somewhere or whatever, but the system is too easy.

So your saying law abiding citizens should have to go through a background check on private gun transfers and pay the fees then in your next breath you admit the crooks will just go buy one illegally. That sure makes a lot of sense.

Ten Bears

WKR

So you would rather keep adding laws that basically do nothing, as you admit the same guy can get around ? Maybe we should stop creating toothless laws based on feelings and actually enforce the laws we have in place. So that way some scumbag won’t be walking free to be a drain on society.