And so it begins....

ZDR

WKR
They will pick us and our rights off one at a time. Maybe he doesnt have the votes this time...but he/they have the education system K through University. Eventually the votes will be there, one way or the other unless we get way better about standing up for our rights.
The quote below has stuck in my head for a long time with the idea that we need to stand together to stop it now in every legal way possible before it gets out of hand.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

HOT ROD

WKR
I am not sure why any one is surprised over this... He told every one on national tv what he was going to do... He has been saying for years no one needs a AR15 all U need is a double barrel shot gun...And people here voted for this, What blows my mind is sum of the responses I have seen here on this forum...

Gobbler36

WKR
Unfortunately they are not saying "enough is enough" they bring their stupidity with them. MT is going down the shitter quicker than anyone would believe...Texas will be next.
Yeah so is Idaho dude, its ******* shit show here and it’s not gonna stop. MT and ID will be the next OR and WA. sad to see all the ******* strip malls and wall to subdivisions along with blue girl red state bumper stickers.

FLAK

WKR
When the R's get back the House and Senate they need to get off their a## and do their job to prevent this crap from ever happening again. Our freedoms are going down the crapper.

Jakerex

WKR
Sold all them “assault weapons” at a gun show a few years back. Don’t remember who I sold em to...

What kills me is the discussions around firearm manufacturer liability. If something passes on that end, it will one, put firearm manufactures out of business, and two, set a phucked up precedent. Like, think of manufacturer liability for cars, tobacco, alcohol, knives, etc. any damn thing that could kill someone.

Crazy chit.

I do agree with background checks across the board for any firearm purchase. Seems silly not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the R's get back the House and Senate they need to get off their a## and do their job to prevent this crap from ever happening again. Our freedoms are going down the crapper.
If only they'd pass some rule stating that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, then our gun rights would be safe forever ;). Congress and the federal government in general are a lost cause. The states are a better hope for preserving freedom via nullification or, failing that, secession.

Squamch

WKR
Sold all them “assault weapons” at a gun show a few years back. Don’t remember who I sold em to...

What kills me is the discussions around firearm manufacturer liability. If something passes on that end, it will one, put firearm manufactures out of business, and two, set a phucked up precedent. Like, think of manufacturer liability for cars, tobacco, alcohol, knives, etc. any damn thing that could kill someone.

Crazy chit.

I do agree with background checks across the board for any firearm purchase. Seems silly not to.

That would be an infringement. The words in your 2nd amendment, are "shall not be infringed"

FLAK

WKR
I'm good with forming a new Republic. Conservative States of America.
I've already got the belt buckle.

def90

WKR

Why? the vast majority of the shootings that are being used as a reason for these laws were committed by someone that had legally passed a background check. The shooter of the Stoneman shooting specifically referenced by Biden yesterday bought his rifle legally from a store with a background check. As for gangsters and criminal getting guns, they are getting them via the black market ala stolen guns, no background check law is going to fix that.. Universal background checks is one of those "slam dunk" "common sense" laws that does nothing to address the issue at hand and is the gateway to further restrictions. Once UBCs are implemented then when shootings continue it will be waiting periods, then it will be limits on the number of guns per month or year, then it will be background checks on ammo, then it will be restrictions on the amount of ammo you can buy, then restrictions on the amount of ammo you can posses. Just look at California, each year for the past decade they have passed a dozen laws like these every legislative session yet California continues to have one of the highest firearm murder rates.

ZDR

WKR
The US population willingly trades liberty for security - Covid as an example. If you dont think this will impact your ability to hunt, or think its only an 'improved' background check, its 'only' an $800 tax (how can a right be taxed??!!), I'm only registering my gun like I register my truck...you're already been swayed. There is no ground to give here. Only a hard line.