And so it begins....

Scoutman

FNG
Sad state of affairs for sure. Gonna lose a lot from here on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
Keep in mind that Biden uses the term "Weapon of War" in his statement, also keep in mind that the US Army M24 sniper rifle is just the military designation for a Remington Model 700. If you think that "assault weapons" are the end of the line and that your hunting rifles are safe think again, the long game with these people is all firearms will be banned. Might take them a while but they are in it for the long haul.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Is the objective to ban future sales of AR platform rifles and 30 round mags? Or to also make owning one currently illegal thus having to turn them all in??

def90

WKR
Is the objective to ban future sales of AR platform rifles and 30 round mags? Or to also make owning one currently illegal thus having to turn them all in??

No one knows until the legislation is presented. Most anti gunners have expressed that they want an Australian style buyback program that would make all possession illegal.

My guess is that most politicians will say that is a step too far so they will try to enact some sort of grandfather clause. however a few years down the road after the next shooting happens because they have done nothing to change the school system or mental health that they will then say that they haven't done enough to stop the wave of gun violence and then call for a turn in.

mlgc20

WKR
Keep in mind that Biden uses the term "Weapon of War" in his statement, also keep in mind that the US Army M24 sniper rifle is just the military designation for a Remington Model 700. If you think that "assault weapons" are the end of the line and that your hunting rifles are safe think again, the long game with these people is all firearms will be banned. Might take them a while but they are in it for the long haul.
This is very true. The logic is easy to follow. Even folks on this forum will say it’s ok to ban certain weapons because they don’t see a “need“ for them. It’s not hard to imagine folks on the left saying “nobody but the military needs a rifle that can shoot a mile” or something like that.

Adrico

FNG
The last bastion of some freedom in the world is falling.
I moved here as a legal immigrant, because of this countries freedoms and opportunities, and it's bewildering to me how easy people are giving up their rights for senseless promises.

zacattack

WKR