And so it begins....

13fb7824462fc1e6a77ba122fe42f9b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone wants to read the entirety of H.R.127 - Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act
then here is the link. It starts with a tax, something in the realm of $800 per year per AR style platform, less for other guns. It's an annual registration fee for each gun. Failure to renew even one firearm results in "confiscation". This is infringement in every sense of the word and it's coming out of the state of Texas of all places.

Rob5589

WKR
In 2005 the senate and house both overwhelmingly passed the PLCAA. What are the chances they both overwhelmingly reverse their decision. And now that it is law, could they?

def90

WKR
In 2005 the senate and house both overwhelmingly passed the PLCAA. What are the chances they both overwhelmingly reverse their decision. And now that it is law, could they?

They would have to carve out an exemption to that law, not out of the realm of possibility but I would have to imagine that it would not stand up in court.

Traveler

WKR
A democratic president calling for gun control in a speech on the anniversary of a nationally recognized mass shooting event...someone wake me when the legislative process is real and has backing that will pass both houses and a Supreme Court challenge.

BigDog00

WKR
A lot of states are setting up 2A sanctuaries...not sure how much of a difference that makes. WY specifically, put a law in place a few years ago that restricts federal officers from enforcing any federal anti 2A laws. I also don't know how much of a difference that will make.

With all the recent civil unrest I suspect these laws would not go over well if passed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
A democratic president calling for gun control in a speech on the anniversary of a nationally recognized mass shooting event...someone wake me when the legislative process is real and has backing that will pass both houses and a Supreme Court challenge.

that's boring, we rather get all lathered up! :)

Last edited:
OP
W

WCB

WKR
To all the "they don't have the votes guys" or noting the PLCAA. Tell it to Remington that manufacturers can't be brought to court....or to the gun owners in CA. How about the states that you need stupid card to buy ammo? Magazine restrictions what are there around 10 states with them?

They will try to piece and parcel away and get everything they can....Don't have the votes? There are beginning to be less and less Republicans I would count on...democrats at this point hahaha

def90

WKR
To all the "they don't have the votes guys" or noting the PLCAA. Tell it to Remington that manufacturers can't be brought to court....or to the gun owners in CA. How about the states that you need stupid card to buy ammo? Magazine restrictions what are there around 10 states with them?

They will try to piece and parcel away and get everything they can....Don't have the votes? There are beginning to be less and less Republicans I would count on...democrats at this point hahaha

Yep, the number of years that New York and California have gone with their laws and failed lawsuits are showing them that these laws can stand. They will enact the least obtrusive most "sensible" laws one at a time as they will probably not get all that much push back and before you know it we will be waist deep in shit.