And so it begins....

RyanT26

WKR
Yeah, I’ve seen some of that and it’s nutz and I’m definitely against it.

I’m referring only to your basic background check. Background, and what I’m referring to:
I know a dude who has about 8 DUI’s, has been admitted to the psych ward, isn’t permitted to own a firearm by law, and he has purchased long guns at gun shows. This MF has threatened to kill people and has been arrested for it, but yet, he can go to a gun show and buy a long gun. Shouldn’t be able to happen. Yeah yeah yeah, I know he could go buy one illegally on the street or somewhere or whatever, but the system is too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the problem is mandatory background checks would be largely unenforceable without some form of registration.

Jakerex

WKR
So your saying law abiding citizens should have to go through a background check on private gun transfers and pay the fees then in your next breath you admit the crooks will just go buy one illegally. That sure makes a lot of sense.

Yes. Everyone should have to go through a background check. Any, any law can be broke if you choose to. Crooks will break laws, any law they choose to. But there has to be laws in place, and they have to be enforced.

Jakerex

WKR
So you would rather keep adding laws that basically do nothing, as you admit the same guy can get around ? Maybe we should stop creating toothless laws based on feelings and actually enforce the laws we have in place. So that way some scumbag won’t be walking free to be a drain on society.

Background checks for all gun purchases isn’t toothless. Your right, enforcement of laws once in place is the key.

Jakerex

WKR
That's quite possibly the dumbest thing you could possibly write. "It won't affect me or anyone I know".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tell me how completing a background checks affects you.

zacattack

WKR
Yes. Everyone should have to go through a background check. Any, any law can be broke if you choose to. Crooks will break laws, any law they choose to. But there has to be laws in place, and they have to be enforced.

Background checks on private sales are unenforceable, there’s not enough manpower to do this. Would be a useless law.

*zap*

WKR
Once checks are mandatory 'they' can change the things that disqualify someone or add things you 'must' have like training or a psyc eval. They can add dui (just an example) or other things to the disqual list.....

I can live with what we have now for gun ownership controls especially since I am in Kansas and will never reside in a blue state......BUT, no more will be tolerated. Period. Won't live on my knees.

No one knows until the legislation is presented. Most anti gunners have expressed that they want an Australian style buyback program that would make all possession illegal.

My guess is that most politicians will say that is a step too far so they will try to enact some sort of grandfather clause. however a few years down the road after the next shooting happens because they have done nothing to change the school system or mental health that they will then say that they haven't done enough to stop the wave of gun violence and then call for a turn in.
Also there may not be the votes in the Senate to pass any anti-gun legislation.
Obama had a majority in the Senate, House and Supreme court for the first 2 years and there were not enough votes back then...even with 3 majorities of Democrats.

lif

WKR
They won't have the votes to pass a straight-up gun bill. They will have to sneak it in on an Omnibus bill.
Did you see how many Republican reps changed their vote on impeaching trump after the Capitol building rally? Be careful trusting politicians just because they wear your favorite uniform. Those people that work in that Capitol building are the least trustworthy people in the country.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Did you see how many Republican reps changed their vote on impeaching trump after the Capitol building rally? Be careful trusting politicians just because they wear your favorite uniform. Those people that work in that Capitol building are the least trustworthy people in the country.
Lots of Republicans hate Trump. That was no shocker.

Also there may not be the votes in the Senate to pass any anti-gun legislation.
Obama had a majority in the Senate, House and Supreme court for the first 2 years and there were not enough votes back then...even with 3 majorities of Democrats.
The political climate has changed since Obama had all 3 houses. Look at the explosive rise in Bernie’s stock, who would have predicted that a decade ago? Lot’s of new folks have entered the political scene since 2008-2010. I don’t think it’s a even comparison between then and now.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
The political climate has changed since Obama had all 3 houses. Look at the explosive rise in Bernie’s stock, lots of new folks have entered the political scene since 2008-2010. I don’t think it’s a even comparison between then and now.
I disagree, the climate has changed but the Democrats are way more divided now. You might even see one or two change parties over the next four year.

lif

WKR
Lots of Republicans hate Trump. That was no shocker.
I totally agree with that statement. But I wonder if the voters who voted those politicians into office were in support of those impeachment votes. I suppose my point would be to hold your local representatives Accountable for your own vote. I feel as though there are many wolves in sheep’s clothing in office right now that are not representing their voters voices.

I disagree, the climate has changed but the Democrats are way more divided now. You might even see one or two change parties over the next four year.
The democrats are definitely divided, but somehow they always come back to agreeing with each other. I think there may be a couple of them that do switch, but at the end of the day, the progressive wing is getting more and more power.

def90

WKR
Yeah, I’ve seen some of that and it’s nutz and I’m definitely against it.

I’m referring only to your basic background check. Background, and what I’m referring to:
I know a dude who has about 8 DUI’s, has been admitted to the psych ward, isn’t permitted to own a firearm by law, and he has purchased long guns at gun shows. This MF has threatened to kill people and has been arrested for it, but yet, he can go to a gun show and buy a long gun. Shouldn’t be able to happen. Yeah yeah yeah, I know he could go buy one illegally on the street or somewhere or whatever, but the system is too easy.

The question I have is why is this guy allowed to be walking around in public in the first place? I would be in favor of someone that is an obvious danger to society be locked up rather than running around being allowed to get his 9th DUI and kill someone's family while at it. Killing via Ford F250 vs killing by rifle from a gun show, why is one more egregious than the other? This is where the problem is at.

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
how about the goddam outdoor orgs who exist on the backs of hunters get off their asses and realize that if this gun shit goes south, everything will follow.

This has been an argument of mine for years. Every stinking org out there better get in line to fight this crap. They won't exist if they get their way. It may not be an immediate result but once the train gets rolling (and it already has been for years) it'll be impossible to stop.

These orgs, DU comes to mind, always hide when big issues come up. I remember trying to get DU involved in our fight in VA to get Sunday hunting. Their reply was 'we are a conservation org'. Fuq that. If that's the case they are simply preying on hunters.

Every hunting org should fight and fight hard.
- DU
- Delta
- RMEF
- Wild Sheep
- Pheasants Forever
- SCI
- Every last one of them.

Add to that ...every gun manufacturer should just about empty the coffers fighting this crap. It's going to be a tough one.

The political climate has changed since Obama had all 3 houses. Look at the explosive rise in Bernie’s stock, who would have predicted that a decade ago? Lot’s of new folks have entered the political scene since 2008-2010. I don’t think it’s a even comparison between then and now.
I don't see 50 votes in the Senate supporting anti-gun legislation.

The last bastion of some freedom in the world is falling.
I moved here as a legal immigrant, because of this countries freedoms and opportunities, and it's bewildering to me how easy people are giving up their rights for senseless promises.
It's because they have never lost anything or had to go without. Only when they reach for those things lost will they realize what they had.

The real question is; why are they so enthralled with wanting a complete disarmament, other than free reign to impose whatever they wish?

So, if no civilian is allowed to have certain firearms, why does anyone in law enforcement need them as well? The threat is neutralized at that point, correct?