2023 Colorado Assault Weapons Ban[emoji35]

Rob5589

WKR
Easy to blame ex Californians. Where was everyone 2+ decades ago when the immigration began? If anyone told you to be proactive or CO will end up like CA, what actions would have been taken? Like I said above, too much "it'll never happen here" going on for too long. This is the result. Essentially a "we told you so" moment.

sndmn11

WKR
Until buying "components" for "assault weapons" is banned next.
I'm pretty sure the proposed law does make components (parts) illegal.

I live here, I think it will pass, and I think it will be challenged, ruled unconstitutional, and set precedent.

Taking a look at this last election with how exit polls showed a huge concern over RvW, there are victories that cause an opposite reaction. I think just like the overreach in NY with concealed permits became a loss for gun restrictions, I think this will be the same.

WKR
Yes, but every unconstitutional law is just words on paper until law enforcement takes action. Don't forget who will be doing the actual "taking" of our guns.

Enforcing an assault weapons ban is mostly optimistic thinking. Few got rid of anything during the Clinton era ban. And the federal ninja were not out kicking doors.

At this stage of the American gun ownership, effective enforcement would be verging on logistical impossibility in many areas.

Serious confiscation efforts would require a suspension of posse comitatus and implementation of martial law. At that point, we have bigger issues than the assault weapons ban.

IdahoBeav

WKR
you mean nobody?
I own many firearms that state police in several blue states would kill me over were I caught in their state and uncooperative, and I'm not even talking about scary, black semi-auto rifles. It can be as simple as a semi-auto pistol, one that the state of Idaho allows me to carry without a permit.

The grabbers move an inch at a time, and so many people will stick their head in the sand and say "no one is coming for your guns". Evidently, they'll even continue to say this when their politicians scream the exact opposite from a podium and state legislation is enacted.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

IdahoBeav

WKR
Enforcing an assault weapons ban is mostly optimistic thinking. Few got rid of anything during the Clinton era ban. And the federal ninja were not out kicking doors.

At this stage of the American gun ownership, effective enforcement would be verging on logistical impossibility in many areas.

Serious confiscation efforts would require a suspension of posse comitatus and implementation of martial law. At that point, we have bigger issues than the assault weapons ban.
Enforcement doesn't have to be easy or effective to be problematic. The police are currently and have been for many years killing citizens for exercising their 2A rights.

Bluefish

WKR

Gun stores already openly sell regular cap mags in violation of the 2013 law. No one seems too concerned about enforcement. I expect without severe penalties for non compliance people will mostly ignore the law.

IdahoBeav

WKR
"The Police." Who are they?

I've been a police officer for over 20 years and have never violated anyone's Second Amendment rights. Much less killed them for it. Nor has any officer in my agency during my tenure. Not once.

Every gun law is an infringement. If you've never acted on a gun law, that is good news.

Nonetheless, this does happen.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well my usual take is this probably won’t pass, but I’m not so sure on this one. I bet there will be a lot of sales in upcoming weeks.

I’m personally not concerned about this, but most on here would call me “a Fudd”. I don’t really put much stock into slippery slope arguments, and have yet to see any other / logical argument applied. I don’t personally believe there is any good reason to NOT make AR’s considerably more challenging to obtain. If we’re being completely honest the average American gun owner is nowhere near as responsible as the kind of folks that are on this forum.

Most rational people would agree average people should not be able to obtain tanks, RPG’s, machine guns, weapons of war. Clearly there is a line, where that line lies is debatable. What is not debatable is that AR’s are the perfect tool for Vegas style mass shootings.
If you think the Vegas shooter used an AR15 I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. I know several people who own full auto machine guns, mortars, even a tank. They haven't shot anyone in this country. A gun is a tool, nothing else. It doesn't do anything on its own. People are the problem, but politicians don't have the guts to come out and say it. Shall not be infringed is pretty clear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Well my usual take is this probably won’t pass, but I’m not so sure on this one. I bet there will be a lot of sales in upcoming weeks.

I’m personally not concerned about this, but most on here would call me “a Fudd”. I don’t really put much stock into slippery slope arguments, and have yet to see any other / logical argument applied. I don’t personally believe there is any good reason to NOT make AR’s considerably more challenging to obtain. If we’re being completely honest the average American gun owner is nowhere near as responsible as the kind of folks that are on this forum.

Most rational people would agree average people should not be able to obtain tanks, RPG’s, machine guns, weapons of war. Clearly there is a line, where that line lies is debatable. What is not debatable is that AR’s are the perfect tool for Vegas style mass shootings.
Based on evidence, handguns are a significantly bigger issue.

Screenshot_20230110-213205.png

"The Police." Who are they?

I've been a police officer for over 20 years and have never violated anyone's Second Amendment rights. Much less killed them for it. Nor has any officer in my agency during my tenure. Not once.
Exactly. But you can't convince a conspiracy-minded person of this, ever. People who want to live in fear, will.

kravguy

WKR
Exactly. But you can't convince a conspiracy-minded person of this, ever. People who want to live in fear, will.

Maybe the guy isn't talking about areas of the country where cattle rustlers still mosey into their favorite watering hole with spurs jing-tingling. Try exercising some of those 2A rights you think you have in places like NYC and around DC, then report back to us on how you make out.