2023 Colorado Assault Weapons Ban[emoji35]

gabenzeke

WKR
Colorado is the poster child for politics in the western states were the influx of certain population segments has tilted it left. First they bring money and then they bring influence and then they bring their ideas and then laws. watch out Montana. You’re next.
100% coming soon to Montana. Everyone in here should consider donating to FPC. also, their Twitter page is fun to follow if you're into Twitter.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Well my usual take is this probably won’t pass, but I’m not so sure on this one. I bet there will be a lot of sales in upcoming weeks.

I’m personally not concerned about this, but most on here would call me “a Fudd”. I don’t really put much stock into slippery slope arguments, and have yet to see any other / logical argument applied. I don’t personally believe there is any good reason to NOT make AR’s considerably more challenging to obtain. If we’re being completely honest the average American gun owner is nowhere near as responsible as the kind of folks that are on this forum.

Most rational people would agree average people should not be able to obtain tanks, RPG’s, machine guns, weapons of war. Clearly there is a line, where that line lies is debatable. What is not debatable is that AR’s are the perfect tool for Vegas style mass shootings.

Last edited:

FLATHEAD

WKR
Well my usual take is this probably won’t pass, but I’m not so sure on this one. I bet there will be a lot of sales in upcoming weeks.

I’m personally not concerned about this, but most on here would call me “a Fudd”. I don’t really put much stock into slippery slope arguments, and have yet to see any other / logical argument applied. I don’t personally believe there is any good reason to NOT make AR’s considerably more challenging to obtain. If we’re being completely honest the average American gun owner is nowhere near as responsible as the kind of folks that are on this forum.

Most rational people would agree average people should not be able to obtain tanks, RPG’s, machine guns, weapons of war. Clearly there is a line, where that line lies is debatable. There are already too many AR’s out in the world for “gun control” measures on them to be highly effective, but it is not debatable that they are the perfect tool for Vegas style mass shootings.
" I dont personally believe there is any good reason to NOT make AR's considerably more challenging to obtain."

Thats where that "shall not infringe" part comes into play.
It simply means dont go there.

Bluefish

WKR
Colorado has been California East for long time. I expect this will pass and then be ignored in some places much like the 2013 mag ban. This californication of Colorado and the population explosion are part of the reason we Left CO. Was a great place to live 25 years ago, no as much now.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
it's happening; thank God my sheriff is on the front lines and mentioned here:
more info from completecolorado.com
Ultimately these idiots will fall on their face; guess I'm lucky all that kind of stuff fell in the lake a couple of years ago....

Just ask Oregon and Washington how big the run on guns and magazines will be if you try to make a law that says "you can keep them if you got them, but you cant buy or import any more after such and such date."

Flyjunky

WKR
Why is it that these types of gun bills are always clearly written by folks with little or no understanding of guns?
Because if they had any clue they wouldn’t be writing these laws. It’s all about feel good laws that aren’t based on facts and if we’ve learned anything from these laws it ultimately comes down to disarming citizens.

Bluefish

WKR
I sort of hope that pass it, then it quickly gets struck down via heller. As written non compliance is not a felony, so I would expect it’s mostly ignored until someone enforces it.

Flyjunky

WKR
I've been saying that for a long time. All my Montana friends say "not here in Montana." But they are just a few years behind places like CA, OR, and WA. After Montana, will be Idaho and you can already see their population changing at record rates. It's a scary time in our country.

I don't know what the answer is but they keep chipping away at small things that most people don't care about. Until, eventually, there is nothing left to fight for.
The answer is to remove anyone from office who support/write legislation that is clearly against our constitution! Don’t they take an oath to uphold the constitution when sworn into office?

Most rational people would agree average people should not be able to obtain tanks, RPG’s, machine guns, weapons of war. Clearly there is a line, where that line lies is debatable. What is not debatable is that AR’s are the perfect tool for Vegas style mass shootings.
In 2020 we saw record sales of all firearms. Because everyone panicked. Instead of infringing on rights and making everyone overnight felons in some instances, the Fed Gov would be way ahead to promote The Civilian Marksmanship program that was once prevalent in most areas and schools. Teach those that are not proficient or have no idea where to start learning at. There are quite a few European countries and others that went this route and shootings are way lower.

There is also the issue of mental health, desensitization of violence, the devaluing of male tendencies/values, proper anger and emotional control.

Flyjunky

WKR

I can’t believe you even typed that!

The gun control legislation is a very slippery slope, always has been. You honestly think AR’s are a problem? It’s the most popular gun in the US, if that gun was the problem then we would see more than we do. What type of gun kills the most people in the US? I’ll give you a hint….not an AR. Does a knife kill more people in the US than guns? 4 people in Idaho were just killed a while ago with a knife…where’s the outcry to ban them? After all, 4 people is a mass casualty event. Have any cars been intentionally used in the recent past to kill multiple people? What about bombs? What about hands and feet? Want to take a guess how many they kill a year?

As stated above California has tough gun laws but look where they rank in “mass” shootings. What about Chicago?

I bet you’re ok with needing a permit and taking a class in order to attempt to buy a gun as well? Here’s my thought on this since I live in Oregon and I’m going through this right now. I shouldn’t have to, owning a gun is a right, not privilege. I’m not trying to get a drivers license…which is a privilege.

I have a great idea. How about we also write a law that says you need to take a test and get a permit in order to practice religion. How about we do the same to practice free speech? How does that sound? I’m sure that would go over real well. Throughout history religion and free speech have been the catalyst to more loss of life than anything else. Just think about all the mean things that people say to each other. How many times do we hear about the reason for these shootings, and killing in general, is because someone marginalized someone else and “revenge” was taken against that person? Would a permit and test for free speech eliminate all of that? No you say? Oh ok, but I guess a permit and test will stop people from shooting others though.

Btw, if it’s the gun that does the killing I guess we can just send guns to war and not any soldiers. The guns will just kill the enemy on their own. Same as blaming people for being overweight because of a fork. It’s never the instrument, it’s the person.

Oh, and if we really want to save our kids how about we get a handle on the drugs coming across our border? #1 killer of people 18-45 is drugs, over 100,000 killed last year. How many years would it take for killings with AR’s to equal 100,000? That’s over 300 people per day dead from drugs!

Last edited:

packer58

WKR
I can’t believe you even typed that!

The gun control legislation is a very slippery slope, always has been. You honestly think AR’s are a problem? It’s the most popular gun in the US, if that gun was the problem then we would see more than we do. What type of gun kills the most people in the US? I’ll give you a hint….not an AR. Does a knife kill more people in the US than guns? 4 people in Idaho were just killed a while ago with a knife…where’s the outcry to ban them? After all, 4 people is a mass casualty event. Have any cars been intentionally used in the recent past to kill multiple people? What about bombs? What about hands and feet? Want to take a guess how many they kill a year?

As stated above California has tough gun laws but look where they rank in “mass” shootings. What about Chicago?

I bet you’re ok with needing a permit and taking a class in order to attempt to buy a gun as well? Here’s my thought on this since I live in Oregon and I’m going through this right now. I shouldn’t have, owning a gun is a right, not privilege. Im not trying to get a drivers license…which is a privilege.

I have a great idea. How about we also write a law that says you need to take a test and get a permit in order to practice religion. How about we do the same to practice free speech? How does that sound? I’m sure that would go over real well. Throughout history religion and free speech have been the catalyst to more loss of life than anything else in history. Just think about all the mean things that people say to each other. How many times do we hear about the reason for these shootings, and killing in general, is because someone marginalized someone else and “revenge” was taken against that person? Would a permit and test for free speech would eliminate all of that? No you say? Oh ok, but I guess a permit and test will stop people from shooting others though.

Btw, if it’s the gun that does the killing I guess we can just send guns to war and not any soldiers. The guns will just kill the enemy on their own. Same as blaming people for being overweight because of a fork. It’s never the instrument, it’s the person.

Oh, and if we really want to save our kids how about we get a handle on the drugs coming across our border? #1 killer of people 18-45 is drugs, over 100,000 killed last year. How many years would it take for killings with AR’s to equal 100,000?
All good points and well written .....Thank You

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I am a WA resident and what was great was several websites were giving discounts on hi-caps to WA residents after the ban was passed. I'm guessing more flowed into the state before the ban than collectively ever before. I scored a "few".

kravguy

WKR
The locusts will keep spreading.

And many a hugger of this very forum won't care much about illinois or colorado losing their right to own firearms.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

def90

WKR

Fudd..

Keep in mind Canada is already going after hunting rifles.. I'm sure you will be fine with that once they are done with semi-auto rifles.