2023 Colorado Assault Weapons Ban[emoji35]

There is so much grey area in that bill, and false statements. A Sig Cross would more than likely be confiscated because someone won't read the text at the bottom that it is operated by a bolt, but meets every other definition of an "Assault weapon." Someone needs to introduce a bill to ban tofu and Tesla's due to environmental impacts at raw material sources and increasing production of electricity. While they are at it close down all the Starbucks because their burnt coffee beans pollute the air I have to breath.

Rob5589

WKR
wearebreitbart An FBI report on 'Active Shooter Incidents' in 2021 shows that California was the number one state for such incidents, with six incidents total.

California is also number one for gun law strength, the Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety noted.

According to the FBI, there were 61 "active shooter incidents" across the country in 2021 and 12 of the incidents met the definition of a "mass killing."

California led the nation with six "active shooter incidents."

California has universal background checks, an "assault weapons" ban, a "high capacity" magazine ban, a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases, a red flag law, gun registration requirements, a "good cause" requirement for concealed carry permit issuance, a ban on carrying a gun on a college campus for self-defense, a ban on K-12 teachers being armed on campus for classroom defense, a background check requirement for ammunition purchases, and a limit on the number of guns a law-abiding citizen can purchase in a given month, among other controls.

Additionally, ammunition purchases are only allowed if made through a state-approved vendor.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Great, another feel good bill that only hurts law abiding citizens. Liberals of Denver think this stuff actually prevents the seldom mass shooter, rather than ignoring other very obvious warning signs.

Crime in this state is on the rise, LE is non-existent in Denver, Denver bans CCW from parks, what else?

Why is it that these types of gun bills are always clearly written by folks with little or no understanding of guns?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Colorado is the poster child for politics in the western states were the influx of certain population segments has tilted it left. First they bring money and then they bring influence and then they bring their ideas and then laws. watch out Montana. You’re next.
I've been saying that for a long time. All my Montana friends say "not here in Montana." But they are just a few years behind places like CA, OR, and WA. After Montana, will be Idaho and you can already see their population changing at record rates. It's a scary time in our country.

I don't know what the answer is but they keep chipping away at small things that most people don't care about. Until, eventually, there is nothing left to fight for.

packer58

WKR
Colorado is the poster child for politics in the western states were the influx of certain population segments has tilted it left. First they bring money and then they bring influence and then they bring their ideas and then laws. watch out Montana. You’re next.
This is what's happening in a nut shell, you nailed it ...

I've been saying that for a long time. All my Montana friends say "not here in Montana." But they are just a few years behind places like CA, OR, and WA. After Montana, will be Idaho and you can already see their population changing at record rates. It's a scary time in our country.

I don't know what the answer is but they keep chipping away at small things that most people don't care about. Until, eventually, there is nothing left to fight for.
Just pic your "FREE" state, their all vulnerable. Libs are experts at the long game, death by a thousand cuts so they say ...

IdahoBeav

WKR
Montana's voting populace has been leaning dangerously blue for a while. It has been my observation that the transplants in Idaho remember why they left their old blue states and do their best on election day to prevent the same problems from happening in Idaho.

packer58

WKR
Montana's voting populace has been leaning dangerously blue for a while. It has been my observation that the transplants in Idaho remember why they left their old blue states and do their best on election day to prevent the same problems from happening in Idaho.
I have a few good buddys that fled Cali to Idaho many years ago and I hear the same thing from them, both in the Graingville area ...

*zap*

WKR
It is a very bad situation that we find ourselves in from coast to coast, for the most part. There are some exceptions for now.

1/3 of the states are basically done for, 1/3 are closing in on that and 1/3 may survive for a while more but the feds are going to be liberal for a long while to come. So, what good does it do for a certain state to be a 'free' place when the country is 50% in the crapper? The pendulum swings only one way from here on out as I see it. Geographic location will determine how long you maintain your freedom but in the end we are lost I am sorry to say. The federal government has become too big too rein in and it is a monster intent on destroying freedom. Liberal control of that government is almost guaranteed at this point and actual conservatives will not get control of it anytime soon if ever again. It is a very sad situation and I did not come too these conclusions easily.

In order for the takeover to be completed the opposition needs to be disarmed physically, mentally and emotionally....hence the push of the woke agenda.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It is a very bad situation that we find ourselves in from coast to coast, for the most part. There are some exceptions for now.

1/3 of the states are basically done for, 1/3 are closing in on that and 1/3 may survive for a while more but the feds are going to be liberal for a long while to come. So, what good does it do for a certain state to be a 'free' place when the country is 50% in the crapper? The pendulum swings only one way from here on out as I see it. Geographic location will determine how long you maintain your freedom but in the end we are lost I am sorry to say. The federal government has become too big too rein in and it is a monster intent on destroying freedom. Liberal control of that government is almost guaranteed at this point and actual conservatives will not get control of it anytime soon if ever again. It is a very sad situation and I did not come too these conclusions easily.

In order for the takeover to be completed the opposition needs to be disarmed physically, mentally and emotionally....hence the push of the woke agenda.
110% agree. :(

Great. My own state is doing their best to turn me into a criminal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It was only a matter of time after this last high profile incident in colorado springs.

I wonder what exactly would constitute, "documentation of legal ownership?" So, if a person doesn't have a receipt for something they may have bought years ago then it's an illegal weapon?

This state is one step closer to being California.
The reasoning for this is most likely from all the California transplants.