Looks like they have introduced even more bills. Mandatory 3 day waiting
Ramped up Red Flag policies

All kinds of stuff.

This is not good.

OP
TSU_Archer

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I’ve really focused hard to eject any and all emotion out of any subject such as this. As well as many other hot button issues. Trying only to see the logic or the lack there of any many of these issues.

Unfortunately I think that is part of “their” agenda is to weaponize peoples emotions to press forward their policies.

I’m strongly considering just packing it up and moving to Wyoming. The cult like delusion of woke politics is sending Colorado to hell in a hand basket from guns, energy to wildlife policies.

Utterly sad to witness this train wreck taking place.

Flyjunky

WKR
Yeah, I’ve really focused hard to eject any and all emotion out of any subject such as this. As well as many other hot button issues. Trying only to see the logic or the lack there of any many of these issues.

Unfortunately I think that is part of “their” agenda is to weaponize peoples emotions to press forward their policies.

I’m strongly considering just packing it up and moving to Wyoming. The cult like delusion of woke politics is sending Colorado to hell in a hand basket from guns, energy to wildlife policies.

Utterly sad to witness this train wreck taking place.
Using emotions is all they have. They can’t use facts or logic, their arguments would never work. It’s the reason why things are labeled as racist so quickly as well. They don’t have to use facts for their base, it’s all emotion based and why many of their policies don’t work.

*zap*

WKR
Epps’ concession wasn’t enough for the measure to clear the House Judiciary Committee, however, where it failed on an 7-6 vote in the early hours Thursday morning, with three Democrats joining four Republicans to vote it down. Democrats hold a 9-4 majority on the committee.

Bluefish

WKR
That’s good news. while I no longer live in co, I figured it was a done deal based on all the other laws they have passed.

sndmn11

WKR
It was never intended to move out of committee, it was intended to learn the response of opposition.

It will show back up after Polis is out of office and have the intention of being passed.

Polis political aspirations as a "middle" player would never survive further signed support of limiting firearms in Colorado. The Dems who voted in committee to not move forward did so not due to disagreement with the proposal, but to not put Polis in a detrimental position.

Flyjunky

WKR
It was never intended to move out of committee, it was intended to learn the response of opposition.

It will show back up after Polis is out of office and have the intention of being passed.

Polis political aspirations as a "middle" player would never survive further signed support of limiting firearms in Colorado. The Dems who voted in committee to not move forward did so not due to disagreement with the proposal, but to not put Polis in a detrimental position.
So what you’re saying is that just like all these new proposed gun laws, it’s political. If gun violence is such an urgent crisis politics shouldn’t matter.

Rich M

WKR
So what you’re saying is that just like all these new proposed gun laws, it’s political. If gun violence is such an urgent crisis politics shouldn’t matter.
450 million guns and only 30,000 gun deaths a year. Cars get 2x as many.

You think the politicians push the limits now, imagine the police state if we had no guns.

Flyjunky

WKR
450 million guns and only 30,000 gun deaths a year. Cars get 2x as many.

You think the politicians push the limits now, imagine the police state if we had no guns.
I got this from a poster on another site and the numbers do check out. The CDC, PewResearch, and FBI have these numbers available.

A little reality for those only get their news from headlines:

In 2022 there were 45222 total gun related deaths, which means with a population of 328m, that represents .0138%

of that 45,222, 54% were suicides, leaving 19,445

Of that 19,445, 1097 were shot by law enforcement. Another 492 were accidental shootings (the majority of which were under the age of 24)

Leaving 17,856

In those remaining shootings, 3% were made up of assault rifles , with what I expect is a very liberal interpretation of what an assault rifle is, along with 1% being shotguns. 54% were handguns, the remaining instances were not specifically stated. The number of people that die by assault rifles in this country are about the same as those who die of carbon monoxide. more than twice as many people die from hypothermia, 9x as many people die from dehydration, 11x as many people die from malnutrition

While admittedly this is a meaningless stat, if you were divide the 17,856 number by 50 , representing the total number of states, that gives you 357, or an average of less than 1 fatal shooting per day in each state

Looking at 10 traditionally gun violent city total numbers (some numbers were from 2021 but there shouldn't be a significant difference in totals)

St. Louis, MO - 196
Chicago, IL - 556
Detroit, MI - 293
Indianapolis, IN - 293
New Orleans, LA - 280
Washington, DC - 203
Baltimore, MD - 333
Columbus, OH - 173
Los Angeles, CA - 382
New York, NY - 246

for a total of 2955, or about 17% of all gun fatalities after removing suicide, law enforcement and accidental death in the United States.

While these numbers are concerning, based on these numbers, there doesn't appear to be an epidemic of gun violence in this country, and for the overwhelming majority, the reality of facing gun violence should be a much smaller concern than many Americans believe.

If you remove additional risk factors such as not living in the 60 counties that produce a high % of gun violence, do not interact with known felons and of course do not engage in criminal activities, gun violence in the daily life of an American is statistically meaningless. That's pretty cavalier to say to a country indoctrinated in the evils of guns, but even with increases in gun violence , its hard to argue fear of gun violence is a realistic concern for Americans avoiding those 3 factors.

It’s always been that way.

Btw- By comparison, A 2018 John Hopkins study found that over 250,000 people die from medical malpractice in the United States each year which represents .08% of the population. I also won’t get into the deaths just from fentanyl.

hikenhunt

WKR
I got this from a poster on another site and the numbers do check out. The CDC, PewResearch, and FBI have these numbers available.

A little reality for those only get their news from headlines:

In 2022 there were 45222 total gun related deaths, which means with a population of 328m, that represents .0138%

of that 45,222, 54% were suicides, leaving 19,445

Of that 19,445, 1097 were shot by law enforcement. Another 492 were accidental shootings (the majority of which were under the age of 24)

Leaving 17,856

In those remaining shootings, 3% were made up of assault rifles , with what I expect is a very liberal interpretation of what an assault rifle is, along with 1% being shotguns. 54% were handguns, the remaining instances were not specifically stated. The number of people that die by assault rifles in this country are about the same as those who die of carbon monoxide. more than twice as many people die from hypothermia, 9x as many people die from dehydration, 11x as many people die from malnutrition

While admittedly this is a meaningless stat, if you were divide the 17,856 number by 50 , representing the total number of states, that gives you 357, or an average of less than 1 fatal shooting per day in each state

Looking at 10 traditionally gun violent city total numbers (some numbers were from 2021 but there shouldn't be a significant difference in totals)

St. Louis, MO - 196
Chicago, IL - 556
Detroit, MI - 293
Indianapolis, IN - 293
New Orleans, LA - 280
Washington, DC - 203
Baltimore, MD - 333
Columbus, OH - 173
Los Angeles, CA - 382
New York, NY - 246

for a total of 2955, or about 17% of all gun fatalities after removing suicide, law enforcement and accidental death in the United States.

While these numbers are concerning, based on these numbers, there doesn't appear to be an epidemic of gun violence in this country, and for the overwhelming majority, the reality of facing gun violence should be a much smaller concern than many Americans believe.

If you remove additional risk factors such as not living in the 60 counties that produce a high % of gun violence, do not interact with known felons and of course do not engage in criminal activities, gun violence in the daily life of an American is statistically meaningless. That's pretty cavalier to say to a country indoctrinated in the evils of guns, but even with increases in gun violence , its hard to argue fear of gun violence is a realistic concern for Americans avoiding those 3 factors.

It’s always been that way.

Btw- By comparison, A 2018 John Hopkins study found that over 250,000 people die from medical malpractice in the United States each year which represents .08% of the population. I also won’t get into the deaths just from fentanyl.
You're doing it wrong, there are way too many facts in there

No such thing as an assault weapon. There are idiots who use weapons to assault people, but the weapon by itself doesn't assault anything. A garbage term made up by garbage politicians that should be dropped from lexicon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You know we know that, but they will always claim otherwise. It’s narrative driven not logic driven… pretty predictable