2023 Colorado Assault Weapons Ban[emoji35]

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Well it’s beginning to look more and more like another year of slithering snake politicians trying to strip us of our right to defend.

I’ll try to find a better draft of the bill rather than just the pictures of the bill via social media.

Fell free if someone has a link to it to post.
3043eebb0c16c72e64ca28c215a23f03.jpg

Here is a link to petition this.

b95b6c88eb8565caa41c6236a7d5c149.jpg

8a5a9ca59e6bbdb42d82c9d0d7eac515.jpg

91f53fa315956872afc9853cfe7ed6bf.jpg

294a93b187c6a243e561a758146ea4ed.jpg

399d92bf108f10009bee912b7f1a3184.jpg

7bb8fe3f74112d098821a45104dd3999.jpg

0ff4fe28b35970d07cc346cfaac46719.jpg

ce24aa099406e328171b7f9d867063e2.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
No such thing as an assault weapon. There are idiots who use weapons to assault people, but the weapon by itself doesn't assault anything. A garbage term made up by garbage politicians that should be dropped from lexicon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dos XX

WKR
Looks like bolt action 50 cal's are going to be outlawed. Threaded barrel pistols or no nos.

Last edited:

hikenhunt

WKR
I find it ironic that the ban on "assault weapons" specifically states it doesn't apply to peace officers...

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Great. My own state is doing their best to turn me into a criminal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It was only a matter of time after this last high profile incident in colorado springs.

I wonder what exactly would constitute, "documentation of legal ownership?" So, if a person doesn't have a receipt for something they may have bought years ago then it's an illegal weapon?

This state is one step closer to being California.

*zap*

WKR
I found this article:

No state law prohibiting sale or possession of assault weapons, but with the repeal of Colorado's statewide firearm preemption law in 2021, local restrictions or prohibitions on assault weapons may exist. Denver ordinance bans assault weapons. Vail banned assault weapons in 1994. Boulder passed such an ordinance in May 2018.

One of the top priorities for the Democratic majority at the state Capitol this year is one of Colorado's most controversial issues: Tightening gun regulations.

Driving the news: The renewed focus comes in the wake of the Nov. 19 shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs, where a 22-year-old armed with a semi-automatic rifle is accused of killing five people and injuring more than a dozen others.

Why it matters: Colorado's history of mass shootings has led lawmakers to push gun laws before, but it's a political gauntlet that led to protests and recall elections.

State of play: The General Assembly starts its 120-day legislative session Monday with larger Democratic majorities in both chambers. The party's members are eager to use their power to make it harder to purchase guns.

Legislation under consideration includes:

A ban on the purchase of assault-style weapons.
Tougher regulations on untraceable "ghost guns."
A waiting period to purchase firearms.
Increasing the minimum age from 18 to 21 to buy rifles or shotguns.
Of note: In response to the Club Q shooting, lawmakers also are looking at updates to the state's "red flag law" that would expand who can petition a judge for the seizure of a person's weapons.

The alleged shooter at the gay nightclub made threats about stockpiling weapons and mass killings a year before the attack, but no action was taken to address the threats.
What they're saying: Colorado needs "to get to the root of what is driving these individuals to kill others, while simultaneously reducing the mayhem by ensuring that these weapons of war are confined to where they truly belong — the battlefield," Adam Shore, executive director of Colorado Ceasefire Legislative Action, told the Colorado Sun.

packer58

WKR
No such thing as an assault weapon. There are idiots who use weapons to assault people, but the weapon by itself doesn't assault anything. A garbage term made up by garbage politicians that should be dropped from lexicon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The terms Assault weapon and Climate change are both catch all phrases created by the left's. Sure you can be assaulted with a weapon but never by a weapon .... and of course ...... climate has been changing since the dawn of time.

I found this article:

No state law prohibiting sale or possession of assault weapons, but with the repeal of Colorado's statewide firearm preemption law in 2021, local restrictions or prohibitions on assault weapons may exist. Denver ordinance bans assault weapons. Vail banned assault weapons in 1994. Boulder passed such an ordinance in May 2018.

One of the top priorities for the Democratic majority at the state Capitol this year is one of Colorado's most controversial issues: Tightening gun regulations.

Driving the news: The renewed focus comes in the wake of the Nov. 19 shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs, where a 22-year-old armed with a semi-automatic rifle is accused of killing five people and injuring more than a dozen others.

Why it matters: Colorado's history of mass shootings has led lawmakers to push gun laws before, but it's a political gauntlet that led to protests and recall elections.

State of play: The General Assembly starts its 120-day legislative session Monday with larger Democratic majorities in both chambers. The party's members are eager to use their power to make it harder to purchase guns.

Legislation under consideration includes:

A ban on the purchase of assault-style weapons.
Tougher regulations on untraceable "ghost guns."
A waiting period to purchase firearms.
Increasing the minimum age from 18 to 21 to buy rifles or shotguns.
Of note: In response to the Club Q shooting, lawmakers also are looking at updates to the state's "red flag law" that would expand who can petition a judge for the seizure of a person's weapons.

The alleged shooter at the gay nightclub made threats about stockpiling weapons and mass killings a year before the attack, but no action was taken to address the threats.
What they're saying: Colorado needs "to get to the root of what is driving these individuals to kill others, while simultaneously reducing the mayhem by ensuring that these weapons of war are confined to where they truly belong — the battlefield," Adam Shore, executive director of Colorado Ceasefire Legislative Action, told the Colorado Sun.

The root is most likely government backed false flag attacks. Funny how few mass shootings occur in places with a conservative majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk