Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope not at all. It’s when people start throwing around their “expectations “ when they really have no idea how companies like this do business. How they NEED to do business. The difference here is most of the people whining about what they need, are really whining for a want. There is a huge difference. Nobody has to believe me. I don’t care.

A lot could be said. It would all be just words. Look at past actions. Look at future actions. Truly do that and and come back in a year and give your “opinion” again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their business realities are their problem, not mine. I can pick the business that best aligns with my expectations (note: no quotation marks).

Very suprised.

giphy.gif

Between this and the Cabela's thread I think we all need to ask ourselves why we are so anxious, ready and willing to see entities that have proven time and time again that they are on our side as enemies?

Between this and the Cabela's thread I think we all need to ask ourselves why we are so anxious, ready and willing to see entities that have proven time and time again that they are on our side as enemies?

I wasn't anxious for some insta famous "hunter" with a large audience (who happened to work with sitka) to join forces with a wealthy anti hunter/ anti gun loon. But it happened, was pointed out, and here we are.

But hey, maybe we should just shoot them with a camera...like yvon, chuck, and Blake want us to.....grow wispy mustaches, wear skinny Jean's, and sing campfire songs about nature...

So is anyone with a differing opinion a keyboard warrior and/or snowflake now? I guess at least 99% can calmly discuss Sitka, which is better then a kuiu thread, lol.
That wouldn't have made it past one page without getting locked lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wasn't anxious for some insta famous "hunter" with a large audience (who happened to work with sitka) to join forces with a wealthy anti hunter/ anti gun loon. But it happened, was pointed out, and here we are.

But hey, maybe we should just shoot them with a camera...like yvon, chuck, and Blake want us to.....grow wispy mustaches, wear skinny Jean's, and sing campfire songs about nature...

The problem wasn't pointing out what he did at all, he deserved it, he's the guilty party.

The problem is the self righteous joy people seem to have in continuing in blaming the company he used to work with when they very clearly stated their stance on the topic and even cut ties with him.

As the traditional hunting and gun owner communities increasingly come under fire from entities presented as within the community, I think it is natural to evaluate who is truly with us and want to support them. I don't represent the entire community, but I sure know what I think is important.

Being an enlightened consumer is hardly new, but it is becoming important for some hunters, I think partly for the reason above. Also the gear we are talking is not exactly a basic life sustaining necessity. If there are options for luxury purchases, I want to spend wisely on all levels possible.

Given their response, the Cabela's thread will not have the legs this one has.

The problem wasn't pointing out what he did at all, he deserved it, he's the guilty party.

The problem is the self righteous joy people seem to have in continuing in blaming the company he used to work with when they very clearly stated their stance on the topic and even cut ties with him.

I have yet to see a public statement “clearly” stating their stance. That’s been the most discussion of his topic

As the traditional hunting and gun owner communities increasingly come under fire from entities presented as within the community, I think it is natural to evaluate who is truly with us and want to support them. I don't represent the entire community, but I sure know what I think is important.

Being an enlightened consumer is hardly new, but it is becoming important for some hunters, I think partly for the reason above. Also the gear we are talking is not exactly a basic life sustaining necessity. If there are options for luxury purchases, I want to spend wisely on all levels possible.

Given their response, the Cabela's thread will not have the legs this one has.

Crap now I gotta go find out what Cabelas thread is about

Crap now I gotta go find out what Cabelas thread is about

Seems one of their "pro staffers" lied about being told she couldn't post Africa photos by Cabelas. Hysteria ensued (not so much here but another forum I'm on blew up in the typical interweb fashion over it).

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to see a public statement “clearly” stating their stance. That’s been the most discussion of his topic

They stated about a million times that their contractors don't speak for them and they support hunting and the 2A, and a few insiders posted that they can't make further statements for legal reasons. Sure it was a canned response and not the most satisfying but if that's all they can legally do then it is what it is.

Like it or not, HR and legal issues can be tricky and sometimes it just isn't worth it to risk a lawsuit to satisfy people who likely aren't customers anyway.

How quickly we are willing to turn on our own and cannibalize the entities that have shown consistent support for our lifestyle and the things we love is a very dangerous slippery slope. But then again people on all sides of the aisle are pretty much the same and this sort of moral hysteria is universal

Yet you keep posting in the thread. I'm glad your life is easy, really happy for you.

He has a point, with technology it is super easy to always see the forum yet be very productive. Truthfully I only visit the forum from my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Cabela’s quickly snipped their issue in the butt. I actually hadn’t even seen the original issue till after Cabela’s had released their statement.

Last edited:
He has a point, with technology it is super easy to always see the forum yet be very productive. Truthfully I only visit the forum from my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Cabela’s quickly snipped their issue in the butt.

Heck I’m in Monday meetings lol

I am "fortunate" to have an office job with two computer screens and everything I do is on the internet. Its really easy to stay in the loop and still complete my job. Hell, I listen to podcasts, music and documentaries all day when at work.

- - - Updated - - -

good ol meme war will get this all ironed out

modern-problems-require-modern-solutions-38762430.png

Since memes have been interjected, I will do a quick reminder via meme, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

uy3MhMxm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back