Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

Shraggs

WKR
A shorter way to say it- binos, especially RF binos are apart of the shot process, not solely the observation process.
When Form and others starting talking about this a couple years ago, it made sense. Especially as a newer and learning long range hunter.

I purchased a used ZEISS 8x RF. I can’t even imagine going back to two units for rifle. Used this for local deer hunting, dialed for several shots. The glass is still absolutely alpha and I do 90% of my glassing with them. If a shot needs to be taken, my solution is instantaneous, no references to a third gadget like a phone and app. It’s significantly and definitively faster.

There was a ballistics bug back then, after pushing them it did get fixed. As a habit now as I glass i range stuff and then compare to Shooter to be sure my now redundant system matches. So far so good. Now I trust it should I need to in a hurry.

For wind, I use the kestrel 5700, plain. I set up a custom user page with DA, temp and wind speed. It can dangle from bino pack if in a dynamic situation. Again of habit I update shooter very often from that page.

If distances are longer I can take one of three “bigger” optics if finding far is needed.

I sold a ZEISS victory to fund this and I like good glass. That said, if my choice was separates with good glass or one like the revic I’m picking the combo, period. It’s a systemic process for me now. I can throw the 12 or 15’s in the pack any time I need.

28bang

WKR
I have got the revics last Friday and have 12x42 nl pures. I’ve been doing low light tests along with contrast, resolution and color. These binos are pretty impressive. I can’t say they’re better than the swaro nl pures when It comes to edge to edge clarity but I sure wouldn’t feel handicapped with them either. Has a little rolling ball effect in the revic but you have to be moving your head quite a bit to see it. Didn’t bother me. @Aaron Davidson wasnt exaggerating on these. I might be leaving the 12s and br4 at home this year.

I have got the revics last Friday and have 12x42 nl pures. I’ve been doing low light tests along with contrast, resolution and color. These binos are pretty impressive. I can’t say they’re better than the swaro nl pures when It comes to edge to edge clarity but I sure wouldn’t feel handicapped with them either. Has a little rolling ball effect in the revic but you have to be moving your head quite a bit to see it. Didn’t bother me. @Aaron Davidson wasnt exaggerating on these. I might be leaving the 12s and br4 at home this year.
I'm going to share a really crazy conundrum I was faced with as we prepared for launch. The price that we need to satisfy the margin rules is just too darn low for the quality and performance you get (compared to the big 3 European units). With optics, the quality sometimes equals the price paid! Rather than launch at an inflated price the price that reflects the true value, we chose to launch at lowest, competitive price. Rockslide forum users are pretty savvy....I hope the rest of the marketplace is able to figure it out.

Wanted to post a quick update on the issues I saw with the app.

I went through each input one by one to try to determine the cause with no luck. I eventually deleted the whole app and it’s data.

After reloading the app and building my profiles, I’m getting 100% return using the ballistics chart. Not sure what the problem was but it’s working properly now with zero issues.

Also, thanks to Aaron for reaching out to help trouble shoot what I was seeing.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Used the Revics for another two weeks of hunting ranging hundreds of times a day. They are on demand first time, every time to 2,500-2,700 yards, and on small cedar or pine trees to about 3,000 with one or two tries. The elevation data given has been spot on with my known data.
The environmental reaction to temp, etc when going from warm truck to cold air or vice versa while not as quick as the BR4, is noticeably quicker than Leica Geovid Pro’s. The image quality is better than all the other non alpha RF binos, and mainly only falls behind in resolution and sharpness in fine detail. Brightness, color, etc are quite good.

Dobermann

WKR
Used the Revics for another two weeks of hunting ranging hundreds of times a day. They are on demand first time, every time to 2,500-2,700 yards, and on small cedar or pine trees to about 3,000 with one or two tries. The elevation data given has been spot on with my known data.
The environmental reaction to temp, etc when going from warm truck to cold air or vice versa while not as quick as the BR4, is noticeably quicker than Leica Geovid Pro’s. The image quality is better than all the other non alpha RF binos, and mainly only falls behind in resolution and sharpness in fine detail. Brightness, color, etc are quite good.
In that context, with the Geovid Pros at only about $500 more, which one would you go with, and why?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
In that context, with the Geovid Pros at only about $500 more, which one would you go with, and why?

Keep in mind that what I am writing is with only a couple of months on the Revics, and about 8 months on the Leicas. So I am presuming that both are long term reliable…

If shooting performance is the primary goal, no question the Revics. If shooting, ranging, and data speed isn’t that important, but absolute best glass is your desire- the Geovid Pros.

For me, I would buy the Revics (and will when this is over), and not the Geovids again.

gtriple

WKR
I'm going to share a really crazy conundrum I was faced with as we prepared for launch. The price that we need to satisfy the margin rules is just too darn low for the quality and performance you get (compared to the big 3 European units). With optics, the quality sometimes equals the price paid! Rather than launch at an inflated price the price that reflects the true value, we chose to launch at lowest, competitive price. Rockslide forum users are pretty savvy....I hope the rest of the marketplace is able to figure it out.
Is it simply not possible with current technology to stick your top-of-the-line range-finding behind Pure-level glass?

gtriple

WKR
We're working on it! It's not going to cost 2600 bucks! I've actually had different project going for over a decade, eta maybe 3 years from now?
giphy.gif

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
Keep in mind that what I am writing is with only a couple of months on the Revics, and about 8 months on the Leicas. So I am presuming that both are long term reliable…

If shooting performance is the primary goal, no question the Revics. If shooting, ranging, and data speed isn’t that important, but absolute best glass is your desire- the Geovid Pros.

For me, I would buy the Revics (and will when this is over), and not the Geovids again.
Would you say the glass is comparable to something like Vortex viper hd’s or Leupold Bx4’s possibly? I’ve got a pair of EL’s I’ll use for glassing, but am wanting to get a pair of rf binoculars for rifle hunts. Thanks for any input.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Would you say the glass is comparable to something like Vortex viper hd’s or Leupold Bx4’s possibly? I’ve got a pair of EL’s I’ll use for glassing, but am wanting to get a pair of rf binoculars for rifle hunts. Thanks for any input.

That level or a bit better from what I’ve seen.

huntnful

WKR
I'd say they are like a Razor UHD type of glass. If you didn't have a real top tier optic to directly compare them to, you would think the glass was great.

Wolf13

FNG
Ordered a pair and hoping for good things. Sold my alpha glass so no direct comparison until I can snag my dad’s. May be a good thing as if they are good enough on their own and I need the alphas there to compare to see a difference… . Have a good area to test them at dawn/dusk as I’m by a refuge.

Due to this thread, I'm going to test a few pairs and finally buy some RF binos. My front runner on paper is the updated Geovid-R in 8x42 but I will certainly consider the new Revic. I wish Swaro made a mid-range RF bino like the Geovid-R. SLC glass with simple fast ranging, no ballistics. I love the warmer color of Swaros.

Question regarding the Swaro EL TAs. Are they fast? Is the gripe on them strength of laser and price? I consider my old Sig Kilo 2000 handheld to be instant. How does the EL TA compare with regards to speed?

huntnful

WKR
Due to this thread, I'm going to test a few pairs and finally buy some RF binos. My front runner on paper is the updated Geovid-R in 8x42 but I will certainly consider the new Revic. I wish Swaro made a mid-range RF bino like the Geovid-R. SLC glass with simple fast ranging, no ballistics. I love the warmer color of Swaros.

Question regarding the Swaro EL TAs. Are they fast? Is the gripe on them strength of laser and price? I consider my old Sig Kilo 2000 handheld to be instant. How does the EL TA compare with regards to speed?
Just get a used pair of El Range. Just ranges and No Ballistics and should be relatively cheap now that the EL range TA’s have been out for a while

Please report back with your findings on what you test out.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

For that use, I would choose the new Geovid R’s without hesitation. The RF is better, and I actually do prefer them in use.

Wolf13

FNG
Got my pair today. Little disappointed in two very minor things: no quick start included and can see glue on the plastic seem between the controls and the body. Minor, but for the price I’d expect better.

Optically they look good, but more testing is needed at longer ranges and different times of day. Very quick with the ranging.