Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

I also use the 12 nl pures with the br4. Great combo together. I am toying with getting these revic binos as well.
That was my go to last year. They are both the best at what they do. I will never hunt that combo again. Way to slow when it comes to the shot process. Not only does the combined device save time, but target acquistion and range is superior to the monocular. FOV, steadyness, etc. As far as optical, I've sat in the new binos for hours without eyestrain or missed opportunity. The glass isn't an NL Pure, but it gives the Leica and Zeiss RF binos a run for thier money! You will not struggle to resolve animals. Our comparison testing matches what I've read so far in this post.

@Aaron Davidson there's some chatter in the BR4 thread that some of those units struggle in cold-soaked conditions. were the RF bino's tested for performance in cold-soaked conditions?

@Aaron Davidson there's some chatter in the BR4 thread that some of those units struggle in cold-soaked conditions. were the RF bino's tested for performance in cold-soaked conditions?
The BR4 has the temp sensor exposed under the top ventilation ports. If you swing it around like you would a kestrel, its nearly as responsive. The binos don't have a good spot to expose the bulb, so you will need to consider device temp. Fortunately, the manual temp override is very easy to access. Rule of thumb is 20 deg temp variation (device to ambient) is around 0.25 MOA at 750. So not extremely sensitive.

i was referring to the device's electronics remaining functional, and the batteries retaining charge, during prolonged exposure to cold temps.

i was referring to the device's electronics remaining functional, and the batteries retaining charge, during prolonged exposure to cold temps.
I went and read through that thread. What i got out of it was the BR4 worked well. We use a really cool environmental testing chamber where we can program all of the exact parameters including time. We try to ensure that the electronics work at specified ranges with plenty of margin. The Bino is working well, I'll dig up the test data and report.

28bang

WKR
That was my go to last year. They are both the best at what they do. I will never hunt that combo again. Way to slow when it comes to the shot process. Not only does the combined device save time, but target acquistion and range is superior to the monocular. FOV, steadyness, etc. As far as optical, I've sat in the new binos for hours without eyestrain or missed opportunity. The glass isn't an NL Pure, but it gives the Leica and Zeiss RF binos a run for thier money! You will not struggle to resolve animals. Our comparison testing matches what I've read so far in this post.

I’ll buy a pair and look at them. I know what you mean by slow and also fumbling around between two optics.

We test to -30 C in the chamber (internal device temp). Cold soaked for 1hr. All functions confirmed.

We have seen various performance on batteries. If we get time one of these days, we'll do a brand/performance comparison. I think voltage drop is the killer.

NK Hunter

FNG
To each their own, he’s always been polite to me whenever I’ve messaged him with questions.
My experience as well. It's always been friendly, accessible, and supportive. I'm a very happy repeat customer of GW's. Have worked & talked with Mike a good bit and personally met Aaron in his office. Have always found them to be down-to-earth and relatable. Smart, yes. I don't feel threatened by that. Always 2 sides to a report of a bad experience. 😉

Wolf13

FNG
How does their ballistic solver compare to AB? Very familiar with AB and am about to snag a pair of the Leica geovid pros.

Last edited:
How does their ballistic solver compare to AB? Very familiar with AB and am about to snag a pair of the Leica geovid pros.
I can only speak to the phone apps… but I downloaded both the Leica and Revic apps to see. Plugged in all the information and they line up within .1 mils of eachother out to at least 1000 yards. I compared it to Shooter with real world data for the same rifle and it’s accurate.

I like that Revics drop chart can go as far as you want it too. Leica stops at 850y unless you connect to a kestrel. I also think the base wind feature on the Revic is cool and would be useful.

I do feel the Leica app is more reliable on my phone. It spits out info every single time. I keep having an issue with the Revic app not being able to load the range card reliably. When it spits out the info it’s accurate… but it’s 1 in 10 tries. Maybe that wouldn’t be an issue once it’s loaded into the binos? Ultimately I like the idea of see it, range it, get the dial up, and shoot without consulting 4 devices

NK Hunter

FNG
I can only speak to the phone apps… but I downloaded both the Leica and Revic apps to see. Plugged in all the information and they line up within .1 mils of eachother out to at least 1000 yards. I compared it to Shooter with real world data for the same rifle and it’s accurate.

I like that Revics drop chart can go as far as you want it too. Leica stops at 850y unless you connect to a kestrel. I also think the base wind feature on the Revic is cool and would be useful.

I do feel the Leica app is more reliable on my phone. It spits out info every single time. I keep having an issue with the Revic app not being able to load the range card reliably. When it spits out the info it’s accurate… but it’s 1 in 10 tries. Maybe that wouldn’t be an issue once it’s loaded into the binos? Ultimately I like the idea of see it, range it, get the dial up, and shoot without consulting 4 devices
Yeah, that's an app issue or a device issue. Once it's loaded into the RF, the RF will do its job. 🤠

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider

Their ballistic solver is better than others if for no other reason than they will adjust for angle, temp, elevation on the bdc recommendation. I am guessing there is patent on that - someone correct me if I am wrong.

I've used (not owned) the br4 side with my geovids and its been consistently better in off weather to the point I was thinking about buying one for both the better solver function and better ranging. Now that this is out, I am rethinking as I'd still prefer a single unit...

ps the Leica app is horrible and their support is worse. I've always gotten an answer from gunwerks within an hour and live help when I've asked for it.

huntnful

WKR
These are NICE. Excellent first impression with optic performance and quality, as well as ranging ability. Easily hit a tree at 2500 yards not long ago. Also very compact. With hand holding them, I couldn’t tell much difference between them and the NL’s other than the 2X magnification. Now I’m 100% certain they won’t compare to the NL’s side by side off a tripod and what not. But just hand holding going back and forth in my yard, I was not disappointed in the slightest with the glass.
FCC3ECFE-046E-4301-AFDE-76B6A602E38D.jpeg
6A3754CC-75F1-4A78-8E36-D7A922DA8933.jpeg

amassi

WKR
My biggest knock so far with the Leica is the display is too dull and not bright enough for my eyes. Is the revic ad bold as it appears in the first few photos compared to the Leica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntnful

WKR
My biggest knock so far with the Leica is the display is too dull and not bright enough for my eyes. Is the revic ad bold as it appears in the first few photos compared to the Leica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its much more bold than the Leica readout. It’s similar to the EL range TA if you have looked through that optic.

1944F73E-0F3B-4616-94C5-D1FD5C935020.jpeg
I may have missed it, but is the brightness auto adjust? My biggest peeve with the BR4.
I saw it has auto brightness in one their videos, but haven’t tested it myself