Idiots & Pack Color Selection

So I'm curious, did idiots play any part in your pack color selection? Sure did for me. I avoided black and coyote because I was afraid some half blind rifle hunter might mistake me for a bear and send munitions hundreds of yards my way. I also stayed away from the multicam and highlander to avoid "reprisals" from people who hate hunting and hunters (ie: airport personnel) plus I figured I might be the idiot who set his pack down for the final stalk and wouldn't be able to find it again. So I selected the foliage green feeling it blended in well for hunting situations, didn't scream HUNTING and was unlikely to be confused for game. Yes...I tend to overthink things. :) Am I alone in this? Did idiots influence your color choice?

dotman

WKR
Nope, I went with what I wanted. Could care less about others but my combo has always included Coyote brown, now it has some highlander accessories.

Same as you, I picked a neutral color so I don't look like a tool backpacking in the summer. Plus, they're lighter and resale better.

^^^Browtine's not in Kansas anymore :) ^^^

The only idiot who influenced my choice to go with the foliage green was me, myself and I. I get nervous if too many folks think I'm normal!

Summer_2014_Sage.jpg

OP
Where's Bruce?
Last edited:

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, i could kick myself for getting my pack in camo, anymore i don't buy many things in any type on camo,

Trr15

WKR
Same concerns with black and coyote brown. I really wanted to order a pack in coyote brown, but was truly afraid of being shot by some jackass who might mistake me for an animal. Of course, I grew up hunting in PA where that scenario is much more likely to play out. Probably not nearly as likely in WY, but I was still not willing to risk it.

Kotaman

WKR
To some degree...Yes...Most of my packs have always been Foilage including my new Nomad...However, I did just order a T1 in Highlander as I love that pattern on a pack. Purposely avoided Coyote brown for the reasons you stated.

Plus, I like looking like a yuppie backpacker so other hunters don't key into where I'm scouting. I'm like "wow, you hunt, interesting, I could never do that, have you seen anything?" muhahaha

Buckman

WKR
NOPE, never gave it any thought. I got what I got more because of cost. I wanted Highlander but got Multicam because of the sale. I have seen a trend with the guys that live out in the western states, they seem to let other people influence pack color choice. In the Midwest we must not have as many jack wagons or I just have not had to deal with them. :)

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted a camo pack because I liked the pattern. I've been using it as my carry on bag on every flight I've taken the last six months. I could care less if some people are put off by a camo pack. I think it looks cool.

NEhunter

WKR
I kinda went through the same thought process as you.... And ended up with the same decision. Love the foliage color.
u7avumed.jpg

OP
Where's Bruce?
NOPE, never gave it any thought. I got what I got more because of cost. I wanted Highlander but got Multicam because of the sale. I have seen a trend with the guys that live out in the western states, they seem to let other people influence pack color choice. In the Midwest we must not have as many jack wagons or I just have not had to deal with them. :)

I don't care what they think either. As long as they're not some treehugging baggage handler sending my pack in the opposite direction I'm traveling or worse, ripping me off. That happens alot! Libtards don't care for my rain cover.

amp713

WKR
I got the kryptek because i liked the look but also because i have left a pack stashed somewhere to go "use the woods", try a stalk or just dash up a new ridge to see whats over the hill and Im kinda a camo whiner..... I had a little old beat up blue hydropack rumaged through one time while out summer scouting. I also had 5 IDIOT (not because they missed the pack but due to all the things they did that year) city hunters walk past my camo pack at 10 yards and not see it while i was checking for a blood trail not far off a drainage. I want to be able to stash it if need be and find it later unmoved/unnoticed. I mark it in the GPS now automatically because i did lose a camo set of boots and a badlands pack for 12 hours one time.... That was a rough hike out to camp with no shoes...

littlebuf

Banned
Idiots didn't play any part in my multi cam selection. But I do feel just a little dumber now having read this thread. Does that count?