Idiots & Pack Color Selection

The idiot that recommended my pack color in highlander was the guy that runs this web sight, if that's what you want to call him. It's a hell of a camo pattern as far as I'm concerned and could really care less what any nonhunter has to say. just my 2 cents.

I don't think anyone's calling anyone an idiot. I'd assume you did not read the OP. I personally will never use a camo pack as a carry on again. I'm not kidding when I say 70-80% of the time I have my bag "picked" to be checked. I always carry everything I cannot afford to lose, optics, electronics, my releases. I just got tired of always having that stuff sprawled out on a table. Last year when I went back to Hawaii for pigs, I actually lost both my releases in a TSA search. Luckily I had my hinge in my bow case. I actually have a nomad and bikini in mandrake on order and almost regret notgetting foliage. But that mandrake gets me!

16Bore

WKR
I don't put much trust in most people's ability to tell the difference between a brown pack or a brown animal. Especially now that every coksuker want to be some long range hero.

You don't need blaze, but I sure the fuhk do....

Shrek

WKR
Summer time ! Except for the Alaskans and a few bear seasons the rest of us are pulling nose hairs and trimming toenails to kill time.

Dang.....I think you boys over think way too much in the hunting world.

Once you've been shot at your perspective may change. I've had a goose and a turkey decoy destroyed from people shooting them. I've watched a guy..(my friend), Shoot an arrow into some bushes because he caught movement. And I've had guys tell me they had gotten off some good sound shots on pigs, ie they hear them in the brush and blast away.
People are idiots, and gun safety is literally the last thing on people's minds when it should be the first. Hell I've had guys use the scope of their rifle to look at me from a distance.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have been shot at wearing blaze orange.... Multiple times. One reason I no longer gun hunt in wi on public or smaller private sections of land

bohntr

WKR
Once you've been shot at your perspective may change. I've had a goose and a turkey decoy destroyed from people shooting them. I've watched a guy..(my friend), Shoot an arrow into some bushes because he caught movement. And I've had guys tell me they had gotten off some good sound shots on pigs, ie they hear them in the brush and blast away.
People are idiots, and gun safety is literally the last thing on people's minds when it should be the first. Hell I've had guys use the scope of their rifle to look at me from a distance.

Wow.....guess you should just quit while you're ahead. :)

No. Idiots didn't decide anything for me. Hunted many years with a Kifaru black pack. No issues. I like foliage it's a cool color. But I'm also not ashamed to have a camo pack.

dotman

WKR

Well with that type, your pack color isn't going to matter much.

2ski

WKR
Hell I've had guys use the scope of their rifle to look at me from a distance.

This pisses me off. I have a buddy that doesn't see anything wrong with scoping someone else. I don't like guns pointed at me and I will darn well never purposefully put my scope on anyone. That was one of my first lessons from my dad when I was 12.

Back to the original subject, when Kifaru offers a duplex et all in that pink camo I will buy...nope...no I won't.

Seriously:D. I guided for a waterfowl outfit for a bit and the complete lack of gun safey is appalling, and down right scary. Just goes to show you when kids are not shown by dad and grand dad how to do it right this is what happens. To many people view the as toys, and treat them as such.

16Bore

WKR

Class act....

"He employs ethics, fair chase pursuit of trophy animals, and respect for the outdoors and all its inhabitants"

OP
Where's Bruce?

AMEN! Once the idiots target you, it leaves a mark. Got a glint from across a canyon and when i checked it out with my binos, I saw a scoped rifle aimed right at me. I flipped the idiot the bird and backed out.

kodiakfly

WKR
I have been shot at wearing blaze orange.... Multiple times.

Exactly. Can't say I've been shot "at" but have had bullets whiz past me in MI and WI. I think the clowns that are going to send rounds randomly down range are shooting at movement and size. They see something moving that's deer-sized and shoot. If someone sees brown and is cognizant enough to think "deer" I bet they look through binoculars first. If they're the kindof guy that sees movement and shoots, it won't matter what color I have on.

And thus, my new EMRII is CB with a MC lid and Grab-It.

AZ Vince

WKR
Point a firearm at me, I tend to shoot back.
Go ahead and use your scope as a pair of binoculars. You are putting others, the one being glassed, at serious risk of death. The first rule of gun safety is, "All guns are loaded. "
Thus, since I have the belief that your gun is loaded you ate now putting me in fear of my life.
Don't be apprised if I respond in a lethal manner. Yes, I have had guns pointed at me. I don't like it is putting it mildly.

Ironman8

WKR
Point a firearm at me, I tend to shoot back.
Go ahead and use your scope as a pair of binoculars. You are putting others, the one being glassed, at serious risk of death. The first rule of gun safety is, "All guns are loaded. "
Thus, since I have the belief that your gun is loaded you ate now putting me in fear of my life.
Don't be apprised if I respond in a lethal manner. Yes, I have had guns pointed at me. I don't like it is putting it mildly.

This.

I've never been shot at before, but with the stories out there of people going haywire and murdering hunters and others out in the backcountry, I would take being shot at as a sign of lethal aggresion and would respond likewise.

Last edited: