Gun ban

Maybe the Supreme Court didn't get the message with firearms and magazine restrictions In a dozen states pretty easy cases they keep kicking back to circuit courts.

No ammendment under the bill of rights? What about the 10th? (Sarcasm) your civil rights don't end at 10 you're covered through 27 for now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
It’s obvious you are going to have a comment on most anything posted. To that, I’ll say reread what I said originally. To clarify, As of late, meaning the previous president, the high court seems to lean constitutional on 2A cases. And, if given an opportunity to be heard, in the right audience, I’m guessing those bans go away.

It’s all an assumption. No more. But, one I don’t intend to defend or discuss further.

amassi

WKR
Read their writing. Read the historical record of the debates. Understand the principles that formed the government. Study history my friend. It’s not all quantitative.
Whose writing? Most of what people quote is from authors and intellectuals from the time period of 1750-1820 and very little from any of the founders.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
They still owned humans as property, thought women were subservient, and indigenous people needed eradicated...

If I met one of then in a bar or at work today, I wouldn't want to be his friend.
You’re applying a 19th century and later standard to an 18th century event. List the 18th century constitutional republics that prohibited slavery at the time. Was slavery banned in the monarchy they revolted from? Context matters.

On your personal preferences, how would you like to mingle with King George if you saw him at a party? Would the world be a better place for women and IP’s today, if his empire remained intact under authorization rule? Rewrite history for us please.

amassi

WKR
It’s obvious you are going to have a comment on most anything posted. To that, I’ll say reread what I said originally. To clarify, As of late, meaning the previous president, the high court seems to lean constitutional on 2A cases. And, if given an opportunity to be heard, in the right audience, I’m guessing those bans go away.

It’s all an assumption. No more. But, one I don’t intend to defend or discuss further.
Nope they just kicked back a bunch of 2A cases to lower district courts. Meaningful cases that could establish precedent on magazine capacity, make/MFG features et el.
This court, the previous court and all courts since 1934 have been anti 2A. You can't get a much more stacked deck than right now and yet here we are. States are allowed to violate the 2A repeatedly and scotus repeatedly fails to act.

You’re applying a 19th century and later standard to an 18th century event. List the 18th century constitutional republics that prohibited slavery at the time. Was slavery banned in the monarchy they revolted from? Context matters.

On your personal preferences, how would you like to mingle with King George if you saw him at a party? Would the world be a better place for women and IP’s today, if his empire remained intact under authorization rule? Rewrite history for us please.
I'm not one to pick the lesser of two evils.

Nope they just kicked back a bunch of 2A cases to lower district courts. Meaningful cases that could establish precedent on magazine capacity, make/MFG features et el.
This court, the previous court and all courts since 1934 have been anti 2A. You can't get a much more stacked deck than right now and yet here we are. States are allowed to violate the 2A repeatedly and scotus repeatedly fails to act.

I agree. All we can do is hope that changes. And refuse to comply until it does.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It would add to the list of conditions that are presumptive. Presumptive conditions are much easier to get rated and care for as their onset is presumed to have come from exposure to toxic chemicals in Vietnam, gulf War 1, Iraq and Afghanistan

It would expand access to care- more doctors in network and more out of network coverage
The sooner you get care, the better your odds of surviving these ailments. The current system is delay, deny, wait for them to die.
You're assuming that none of these people have health coverage already. I'm a Gulf War veteran with several different unexplained conditions that appeared after that. But I would never rely solely on the VA to provide my healthcare. In fact, I've never used VA healthcare.

But in regards to this bill, instead of grandstanding before the American public in an election year......the proper course of action would be to sit down with these senators to figure out the why's and what's in order to put something up that will pass. Beyond that, this whole process is just being used as a political stunt.

Edit: Sorry Tony, I posted this before I saw your post.

Having not read the middle two pages of this post to see if it was mentioned, I'm curious:

A lot of you folks are 'ho hum, won't pass the Senate.' And I agree.

Did you feel the same way on the RETURN Act?

I ask because, people seemed to get up in arms about that one, but it had an even lesser chance of passing the Senate, and no way in hell Biden would have signed it. Just wishing I had seen more 'ho hum' on that one instead of folks getting frenzied over nothing.

amassi

WKR
You're assuming that none of these people have health coverage already. I'm a Gulf War veteran with several different unexplained conditions that appeared after that. But I would never rely solely on the VA to provide my healthcare. In fact, I've never used VA healthcare.

But in regards to this bill, instead of grandstanding before the American public in an election year......the proper course of action would be to sit down with these senators to figure out the why's and what's in order to put something up that will pass. Beyond that, this whole process is just being used as a political stunt.

Edit: Sorry Tony, I posted this before I saw your post.
I'm not assuming I work with these vets single every day.
Cool for you haven't options! So many veterans don't, were promised health care and are being denied coverage for claims that clearly are service connected.
Should you ever lose your health care coverage and need va assistance it's there for you your ailments from gulf War 1 would likely be presumptive under this bill for toxic exposure in the gulf- burning oil, depleted uranium, asbestos et el.

Agreed the Republicans plan of using this to grandstand before the midterms is abhorrent and should be denounced loudly and vehemently.
Today senator Corbyn announced he pulled this stunt by whipping opposition votes to take a shot at Chuck Schumer.

The senate did sit down and work out the details for passing the bill, and they passed this very same bill in June 85-15. It went back to the house nothing was added or taken away from the bill save one procedural sentence that was reworded to remove ambiguity.

There should be a compromise/trade proposed. Total personal freedom for all. The right can quit attacking equality for the confused LGBTQ folks and women's abortion rights and the left can quit attacking our right to have all the guns and ammo we want.

E-Rawk

FNG
There should be a compromise/trade proposed. Total personal freedom for all. The right can quit attacking equality for the confused LGBTQ folks and women's abortion rights and the left can quit attacking our right to have all the guns and ammo we want.
Run for office, you'd get my vote.

We are in this position because of compromise, they are destroying the greatest nation to ever exist because spineless politicians won’t stand up for the values that this country was founded on.

Overdrive

WKR
If this bill passes the Senate I believe that our representatives in the House and Senate should lead by example and no longer have their armed security details. Let's see how it works for them first!!