Colorado Draw results 2023

It's a good day! I get to go to Colorado in September. Smell me some sweet Aspen, some Pines, take a deep breath of Mountain Air. Feel the weight of a pack on my back, my bow molded into my hand, the burn in my legs, the challenge to make it up the next ridge. To test myself again, both physically and mentally. Feed my passion another year! Keeps me young at heart and forces me to stay fit. Yes.... it's a really good day!

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
It's a good day! I get to go to Colorado in September. Smell me some sweet Aspen, some Pines, take a deep breath of Mountain Air. Feel the weight of a pack on my back, my bow molded into my hand, the burn in my legs, the challenge to make it up the next ridge. To test myself again, both physically and mentally. Feed my passion another year! Keeps me young at heart and forces me to stay fit. Yes.... it's a really good day!
Spot on! At 56 that’s what it’s all about for me as well.

Hnthrdr

WKR
OK I'm waiting on the results like everyone, so I'll tillt at this windmill. :)

I have the recap report from 2021. I have the same PDFs everyone can get for the past decade. I know exactly how many people drew unit fifty-one-minus-two (since we're being secretive). All that posting here or another forum does is confirm that one of the people who drew is ALSO a member of this forum. But I didn't need a post here to confirm the opposite, because the recaps already tell me that.

And from the reports, this is a 2-6 point unit depending on the season you file for. So it's not something a random person off the street just getting into hunting is going to stumble over and be an extra person in the field ruining your hunt. Most of the seasons I see only have a quota of 100 so you really have to choose to want to hunt there. A random forum post isn't helpful to somebody without points, and isn't useful to somebody like me with 6 points and definite plans how to use them next year.

So what's the big deal? Using the same data available to everybody else, forum or no, I already know people are hunting there, and even how many. This whole thing about "drawing attention to a unit..." I mean, it's not like there's a secret unit somewhere nobody hunts. They're ALL packed, even the premium zones. If the unit exists, people know about it.

Genuinely open-minded here and curious about the rationale. But I'm struggling to see how it matters. Now that we all have TopRut, GoHunt Insider, OnX filters, HuntScore, and others I haven't even noticed, what's the advantage in keeping one individual's plans a secret? If you aren't going to publicly post actual DATA like specific (and recent) herd-sighting locations, what's the real value of a number in a message post?

Honestly, seeing a post here about a specific zone number makes me LESS likely to want to hunt it, rather than more.
Just perpetuating the degradation and ease of information. Plus it pops in google searches. Lots of 3rd/2nd choice things going to 0/1 point units and it never ends for all the reasons you mentioned above but also because of posting on here

Rambo

FNG
My 17 year old son drew his first choice archery elk, burning his 5 NR preference points! We are super excited and ready to hunt some new country!!😉👍

Mrjaycam

FNG
Well PP it is for me. I thought my second choice was pretty safe but that’s the way these things go. Just have to decide if the drive from Virginia is still worth it for an OTC unit. When I lived in Texas it was a no brainer but this may be a whitetail only year for me.

Good luck to all that drew!

Got my first choice archery tag along with my brother and nephew!

We rolled the dice and applied as a group. The draw was in our favor this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TA2510

FNG
Looks like my daughter and I will be back in the mountains for first rifle elk. Got CC hit earlier today and email about 2 hours ago. Cant wait.

Man still no email, but logged in and shows first choice accepted. Male 1st rifle, can not wait!
Having a Peak Refuel for dinner and headed to the gym to start getting my butt in shape for some long days of hiking!
A buddy drew his deer and elk tag and never got emails for either. No idea why some get emails and some don't??
finally came through at 7:17PM Central time. Legal beagal, card processed, website confirmed and email notification. Let's get after em!

Looks like the former OTC turned draw units are no longer a safe assumption for a second choice tag. Neither a buddy or I drew it and there have been leftovers going into the secondary draw since the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk