Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
And remember, one post is all that's needed with all of your shots. Any other unnecessary posts with comments and/or superfluous info will be deleted. Keeps the thread nice and tidy and much easier for us moderators to moderate.
And we appreciate that.

Randy

mcr-85

WKR
I hiked a couple targets out for me and my boy.
d0139b3d233d859325b11a0ff64e0cdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
Man, work is killing me on being prepared for this challenge. Managed to get a plate setup this evening and planning to smack it before work tomorrow morning. Hopefully.. I probably should have been a little more precise with my box cutter, seems I'm almost a full 1/16" shy of 10! :unsure::LOL:

Attachments

• 20230602_193846.jpg
    20230602_193846.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230602_205607.jpg
    20230602_205607.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 20

TX_Diver

WKR
First day hit. Shot at 9AM central and got the left edge of my plate. Trying to shoot right at 9 added some pressure for sure. Looking forward to tomorrow.

VddqVtUh.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a reminder to make sure you edit all the rifle and ammo setup along with shooting conditions into your thread.

Also please edit your original post so everybody has only a single post containing the everything revilant to the challenge.

Thread '2023 Cold Bore Challenge' https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/2023-cold-bore-challenge.310578/

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it’s off to a good start. Seems to be slightly more hits than in the cold bow challenge.

Doesn’t look like anybody’s dealing with a whole lotta wind, I definitely got lucky here

Seems like the guys that are qualifying for 600+ are doing really well. I only picked up one guy that disqualified himself for the longer yardages.

@Dioni A (y)

@sndmn11 saw my life flash before my eyes on that shot. Talk about squeaking it in there, man, good work!

@Wickedwagens you got hosed man! Better luck tomorrow

Make sure you tell us what your page number/post number is if you want us to look at your shot.

Mine is page 2/post 32

Last edited:

eric1115

WKR
Post #19. 11th video, missed it by that much!

Well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my own lack of preparation coming to bite me in the butt. Seated with no rear support, off the tripod.

I've only been out a handful of times this spring, and most of that time has been spent with the kids. I've probably got less than 50 rounds down the pipe this year (kids probably have 500+ combined)

Not an excuse, just a reminder that MER is not a fixed number or ever increasing. This is a very perishable skill that (for me) has a pretty short half life. End of summer last year I would have bet any amount of money that I'd hit that shot. I knew it was less of a sure thing but still thought I'd be good to go.PXL_20230603_140620600.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my own lack of preparation coming to bite me in the butt. Seated with no rear support, off the tripod.

I've only been out a handful of times this spring, and most of that time has been spent with the kids. I've probably got less than 50 rounds down the pipe this year (kids probably have 500+ combined)

Not an excuse, just a reminder that MER is not a fixed number or ever increasing. This is a very perishable skill that (for me) has a pretty short half life. End of summer last year I would have bet any amount of money that I'd hit that shot. I knew it was less of a sure thing but still thought I'd be good to go.View attachment 560496
Hey man, if your lack of preparation is because you were spending time with the kids, that’s the best reason in the world.

Good post on the perishable skills