Biden Administration imposes lead bans in 8 F&W areas

That’s a bit of a red herring areguement. Fairly certain most studies show that while wind turbines are extremely detrimental to some bird populations, most of those are migratory birds. Eagles aren’t migratory and I have yet to see an eagles nest on a wind turbine. Not saying that an eagle hasn’t been killed by a turbine, I’m sure they have, but your argument is a bit silly.
It's a bit silly to suggest that eagles don't migrate too.

sacklunch

WKR
Yea, many eagles follow the migration of waterfowl from Canada to the south and back.
They follow it to the coast or the nearest open water.…but not generally the gulf coast…just the shortest distance to available food. They also typically travel at a greater elevation than ducks and geese, generally higher than wind turbines.

sacklunch

WKR
You said "eagles aren't migratory."

I said eagles do migrate.

Nothing about any coasts, Gulf, or otherwise.
to imply eagles migrate the same as ducks, as you did, is false. But keep splitting hairs to support your argument. Still waiting on the study that shows wind turbines kill more eagles than waterfowl.

to imply eagles migrate the same as ducks, as you did, is false. But keep splitting hairs to support your argument. Still waiting on the study that shows wind turbines kill more eagles than waterfowl.

Data. More ducks, more eagles. Weird.

I have made no mention of what gets whacked more frequently. I don't really care either. I'm just correcting your false statements that eagles are not migratory. I don't need to split hairs to do it either. Fact is they migrate. You seem to want to cherry pick their destinations though.

One does not have to look very hard.

sacklunch

WKR

Data. More ducks, more eagles. Weird.

I have made no mention of what gets whacked more frequently. I don't really care either. I'm just correcting your false statements that eagles are not migratory. I don't need to split hairs to do it either. Fact is they migrate. You seem to want to cherry pick their destinations though.

One does not have to look very hard.
Eagles are not classified as migratory birds…it’s false to imply they are. They fly in search of food, typically the nearest open/unfrozen water…call it whatever you need to, but that is not “migratory” in the true sense of the word. The majority of eagles are resident. Those that “migrate” do not follow typical waterfowl migratory patterns, so they are classified as “partially-migratory”.

Cherry pick away.

HOT ROD

WKR
There is plenty of eagles and other federally protected birds getting killed at least here in Wyoming any way... Not to mention thousands of other birds..... Funny thing is U don't here to much about it because it doesn't fit the governments narrative....

sacklunch

WKR
There is plenty of eagles and other federally protected birds getting killed at least here in Wyoming any way... Not to mention thousands of other birds..... Funny thing is U don't here to much about it because it doesn't fit the governments narrative....
I think wind turbines are shit…and I agree 100% is bullshit to argue they are better for the environment than say coal or nuclear while ignoring the massive impact they have on migratory birds and the landscape.

But, still waiting on the actual data that shows what percentage of the eagle population is killed by them annually…

Either way, the entire argument of “lead kills”…”yeah but wind turbines are worse” is in fact the definition of a red herring.

I can appreciate everyones perspective, but they are Wildlife Reguges. The primary purpose is wildlife conservation, not hunting. If the goal was to end hunting, why add 54,000 acres of additional ground open to hunting? If the goal of the refuge is wildlife conservation, typically centered around rivers/wetlands, is it really an outrage that it comes with restrictions.

Lead is banded in Teton National Park for elk hunting. Would it be better to lose those acres because they restrict lead.

There is more to focus on than the bad. Seriously look at both sides of an issue and realize when you are getting a good deal.

Idaboy

WKR
Not trying to be a jerk, but if you are concerned with the health effects of meat cooked on a fire….maybe go get your testosterone level checked. Come on people.

Go kill large animals with lead bullets. Eat that animal slowly at a rate that provides you 200 to 250 grams of protein a day. Lift heavy weights. Get good sleep. Don’t drink too much or take drugs. Everything will be ok.
I eat my elk and venison nearly always on a fire or grill...there is a fair amount of evidence of cured and smoked meats associated with increased risks of GI cancers in some people, and that was the point of the comment. Excessively charring has also been linked. I was not advising anyone else to change their practices, was only being transparent about my practices based on the comment made to me.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have never heard a single complaint about the effectiveness of steel shot from waterfowl hunters.

#1 because you haven't listened or haven't hunted with pre ban hunters.
or
#2 its because the guys shooting lead anyways don't need to complain about the steel.

Fact: steel doesnt kill as well as lead and wounds more. Yes there have been studies on it. No I'm not going to go search for it so I can link it so you wont read it.

Eagles migrate from Canada to the Gulf? Passing by thousands of wind turbines in the process, twice per year?

They don't live in Texas during the summer. Why are they here in the winter? Where do they go in the summer? If they do it every year isnt that migrating?

Idaboy

WKR
That's interesting....what's killing them?

sacklunch

WKR
#1 because you haven't listened or haven't hunted with pre ban hunters.
or
#2 its because the guys shooting lead anyways don't need to complain about the steel.

Fact: steel doesnt kill as well as lead and wounds more. Yes there have been studies on it. No I'm not going to go search for it so I can link it so you wont read it.

They don't live in Texas during the summer. Why are they here in the winter? Where do they go in the summer? If they do it every year isnt that migrating?
I don’t make the rules, homie…fact is, they are not classified as migratory. So sorry.

Last edited:
There is no known safe blood lead concentration; even blood lead concentrations as low as 3.5 µg/dL may be associated with decreased intelligence in children, behavioural difficulties and learning problems (1). As lead exposure increases, the range and severity of symptoms and effects also increase

That is from the world health organization.
The WHO has less credibility than the national enquirer at this point.

same with the people sourcing .gov
.BS would be a better name for it

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I don’t make the rules, homie…fact is, they are not classified as migratory. Cry More.
I dont care how they are classified. They are considered partially migratory in all scientific circles

The cry more comment was childish. Sorry your argument is unraveling at the seams and you have to stoop to insults. Seems to be your MO though. This time its lead and eagles and not archery equipment.