Biden Administration imposes lead bans in 8 F&W areas

Idaboy

WKR
I only care about research on ingested metallic alloy lead bullets/shoot in humans.

Cyanobacteria is be bigger concern for eagles
I think part of the difficulty is that heavy metal toxicity tends to accumulate over time, and so by the time someone has physical manifestation it's a big problem. Lead (Pb) is not found at all in humans and has no biologic function for us ( vs other metals that are important for cellular systems eg zinc, iron, manganese etc). As others have pointed out, it's ethically difficult to perform a randomized blinded trial...one can probably due a cross over trial, but much of the data is going to be observational.

These are just a few examples of what you requested, but there are others

Idaboy

WKR
I don’t plan on switching any time soon. I would like to think that most folks when presented with a solid study would make the right choice ( whatever that is). Unfortunately between everything that has happened in the last few decades, folks have lost any kind of faith they may have had in any of the alphabet agencies. You can literally find a study to agree with any side of a subject you fall on. Are they trying to eliminate hunting one small thread at a time? Hell, I don’t know but I do know that trust between us and the federal government couldn’t get much lower.
I totally get your point, but I don't know if we have studies showing the safety of lead, but do share if you have some....there are studies showing commercial processed game (so lead gets ground up) is associated with increased levels in humans...I personally am not worried a out lead toxicity, but I do always debris a wound channel....our family always used to keep the gizzards on our fowl and pheasanta, but we don't anymore since lead can be found in the birds grist

whaack

WKR
Every time I think Biden admin can’t get worse I find myself in a new state of shock and anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally get your point, but I don't know if we have studies showing the safety of lead, but do share if you have some....there are studies showing commercial processed game (so lead gets ground up) is associated with increased levels in humans...I personally am not worried a out lead toxicity, but I do always debris a wound channel....our family always used to keep the gizzards on our fowl and pheasanta, but we don't anymore since lead can be found in the birds grist
Lol! I doubt there are any studies touting the benefits of elevated lead levels.

"Putting lipstick on a pig ... "

I can do this all day, and twice on Sunday.
Good on you brother. More places to hunt are more places to hunt. Do you want another place with restrictions, or do you want everything just the way you like it or nothing? It's a net win and called compromise. I'm sorry you were told to be mad, but the sky is not falling, copper really isn't that more expensive, and this is nothing new.

2ski

WKR

Ah the old “I’ve been doing it for decades and it ain’t killed me yet” argument. Classic.
Tobacco must be good for you too considering people do it for decades.

2ski

WKR
What about this article is propaganda? And when you say copper bullets are better, can you qualify that?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
If you can't tell which parts then it's pointless to tell you because you won't listen because you can't already see it.

Notice how they only asked the shooting sports foundation for comment. Not even a hunting group. That's your first hint.

gabenzeke

WKR
If you can't tell which parts then it's pointless to tell you because you won't listen because you can't already see it.

Notice how they only asked the shooting sports foundation for comment. Not even a hunting group. That's your first hint.
Awful lot of assumptions in your reply there. You know what they say.

Edit to address the nonsense about only asking the NSSF for a comment. It helps if you read the whole thing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Swamp Fox

WKR
Good on you brother. More places to hunt are more places to hunt. Do you want another place with restrictions, or do you want everything just the way you like it or nothing? It's a net win and called compromise. I'm sorry you were told to be mad, but the sky is not falling, copper really isn't that more expensive, and this is nothing new.
Silliness is not a win.

Does this sound like a win to you?

19 areas over 54,000 acres with the feds' nose under the tent:

If it does, I can't help you.

"Putting lipstick on a pig ... "

I can do this all day, and twice on Sunday.
Silliness is not a win.

Does this sound like a win to you?

19 areas over 54,000 acres with the feds' nose under the tent:

If it does, I can't help you.

Just to clarify, you would rather have lead than the additional 54,000 acres?

I read this to see how many people aren't worried about their health with lead ammo.

Because that's definitely why lead was banned in wildlife refuges.

Idaboy

WKR
Lol! I doubt there are any studies touting the benefits of elevated lead levels.
I wasn't implying touting the safety, but rather if a study showed an "acceptable" or minimal safe level...but I highly doubt that exists...I was replying to the post that suggested you could always find a study to back up your argument, and I am not aware of any studies showing some acceptable level of lead

There is no known safe blood lead concentration; even blood lead concentrations as low as 3.5 µg/dL may be associated with decreased intelligence in children, behavioural difficulties and learning problems (1). As lead exposure increases, the range and severity of symptoms and effects also increase

That is from the world health organization.

Idaboy

WKR
I would rather make my own decisions with the guidance of science (and biology!) than have the feds bend me to their will.
I totally agree, we should all be able to make our own decisions...but if someone doesn't want lead in their public ecosystem, and there is evidence of risks, then what is the next step? We can still use all the lead we want on private land. The management of public land is never straight forward

Idaboy

WKR
like idiots.....

you think plutonium is naturally occuring in any thing but highly unsual circimstances? SMH
Great call out, it was on my periodic table, I did not realize it was always considered man made...thanks