2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Your line in the video had me laughing. "These Sevr's tend to not penetrate very far". I'm guessing that's not going to become Sevr's next catch phrase.

Screw on a COC and shoot day 3 again tomorrow.
Hahaha, that sounds bad, I meant in practice mode.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby,
You wouldn't restart -- so options are call it a miss or shoot day 3 again on day 4

I think either is acceptable but since you didn't miss it's not fair to yourself call it that.

Fairest way in my opinion is to shoot day 3 again tomorrow. It's still legal since it's a one arrow a day challenge and you haven't shot more that.

I re-watched the video a couple times and even zoomed in couldn't tell where it hit either.
OK, I agree and shot day 3 again today. As I thought about it last night, we’ve always allowed people to restart due to equipment failure which is always the bow and takes them out for days and even a week or more. I didn’t have an example of a target failure.

I’ll post my (new) day 3 shot now. Thanks!

sounds worse than it is. The SEVR has a practice mode where you lock the blades in and the little tabs that normally engage the target first and open the blades are not a sharpened edge. They don’t penetrate much and is actually nice as arrows are easy to pull. Does that make more sense?
I definitely get how and why it happened. Just busting balls and being sarcastic for the anti-mechanical guys.

WBrim

WKR
I probably missed the clarification in rules, but does CBC cap at 100 shooters, or 100 posts?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I probably missed the clarification in rules, but does CBC cap at 100 shooters, or 100 posts?
To be entered into the random drawing for prizes you must be one of the first 100 shooters to finish the challenge

Post count only matters as members over
300 posts get extra drawing entries as a reward for thier forum participation.
85b22d137dd56a2b1550e77f3f44569f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Felton

WKR
@bbckfh take a ratchet strap and wrap around that block and crank down on it, you'll get another year out of her.
@Felton
With broadheads my arrows would about pass all the way through anyways. I figured I could get another year without the strap and then one more with a strap! 😂

KBC

WKR
Did ok so far on my first 2 days shooting at my limits but the next two shots are going to be way past what I'm comfortable with. Next shot is over 80 and the one after that will be about 90. I've never shot a broadhead farther than last year's CBC when I did 70. Hopefully I don't lose an expensive arrow worth even more with an expensive BH on it ;)

I hope I can stay in this thing since I'm not exactly following the rules shooting farther than my MER.

Bonus points if you get the joke name we gave the target I used for day 2 in post 92...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Did ok so far on my first 2 days shooting at my limits but the next two shots are going to be way past what I'm comfortable with. Next shot is over 80 and the one after that will be about 90. I've never shot a broadhead farther than last year's CBC when I did 70. Hopefully I don't lose an expensive arrow worth even more with an expensive BH on it ;)

I hope I can stay in this thing since I'm not exactly following the rules shooting farther than my MER.

Bonus points if you get the joke name we gave the target I used for day 2 in post 92...
I think if I’m understanding you, you’re missing one of the critical rules of the CBC. You have to pick one max yardage and shoot that. Are you changing yardages every day?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

The Cold Bow Challenge is uniform across the board, so it's easier for other shooters to relate to your setup and daily condition changes, but mostly so the rules can be administered equally.

You'll need to pick a Maximum Effective Range and declare it in your first post. Then, ALL 5 shots will be the same so they can be compared as a group.

I think your current way is excellent practice but doesn't meet the challenge criteria, unfortunately. As you have shot at 47 and 44 yards, you'll need to restart at your MER

Just finished up! Take away- doesn’t take long to get rusty. Shoot year round and if feasible, shoot on your hunting trips.
I was shooting a lot this year and feeling good. I had an injury and didn’t shoot for the 3ish weeks leading up to CBC, went 3/5. I’m packing my bow/target to bear camp to hopefully clean that up!
Squeaked one in on the last day, through the sprinklers for extra points.
0996E90D-D907-4571-9142-FBA02D1C950B.jpeg