2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

WBrim

WKR
You can pass a day with no penalty if conditions aren’t right, just like we should on the mountain.

I’ve drawn and passed due to my site picture more than a few days of the CBC in the past.
Just got my day two posted (post #3)

Absolutely amazing what happens when you actually take your time and go through your shot sequence. Wow, who’da thought?
My day 2 is the flip side of this - not liking the tuft of grass, but ignoring it, not focused well, but “it will be fine”, let it fly. That will teach me. It can make all the difference!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My day 2 is the flip side of this - not liking the tuft of grass, but ignoring it, not focused well, but “it will be fine”, let it fly. That will teach me. It can make all the difference!
That is what happens to me if I over think one step and --- wish I could have that one back

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jbxl20

WKR
A2948073-E221-4FA6-83B4-10A4DF059DD5.jpegits been raining pretty good here all day. I’ve been debating about taking a shot. I might have to wait till tomorrow.

Fatcamp

WKR
Elite E32
Black Gold 5-pin
Whisker Biscuit
Kwikee 3-arrow quiver
Easton 5mm Axis
G5 Montec 100g

Changed things up this winter to be a more simple set up. Not near as concerned with shooting far as with having a rock solid set up for stalking.

47 yards, pin gap, wearing my bino harness, shooting off my knees. Paper plate is 8.25".

Day 1: Wind at 25-35mph from the NW with target facing South.

20230430_085033.jpg

ETA: 😆 posted in the wrong thread!

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
You can pass a day with no penalty if conditions aren’t right, just like we should on the mountain.

I’ve drawn and passed due to my site picture more than a few days of the CBC in the past.

Wish I had. Cold, rainy, and windy today. I figured what the heck and gave it a try...

w30B3pYh.jpg

Jbxl20

WKR
Kinda the point of the challenge to shoot in the changing conditions.

yeah, I thought about that. But the amount of rain we are getting today would make following a blood trail difficult.

So do I reply to my day one thread or just edit in the day two pic and post into my original post

lak2004

WKR
Well, made my shot with the kids sleeping in the backseat and the dog on a run on the in laws driveway that's a mile long. Can't believe I got the target!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot emphasize enough how much I hate not shooting in my free time. I frickin love shooting my bows. The CBC always pisses me off every year, but I just can't resist the siren call of being a Rokslide hero.

I feel the pain. It gorgeous with light winds here all weekend and I only launched 2 arrows.

But I’ve been on multiple hunts when for one reason or another I could not shoot every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
I prematurely started the challenge with my rig but never sighted it in after doing some rest moving last week. I took Sunday morning to sight in. I have restarted the challenge this Monday morning.

I made a post on the cbc Saturday morning but I want to make today my start date instead.

Should I edit my post from Saturday, or delete it and make a new post? We're still under 100 shooters

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prematurely started the challenge with my rigbut sighted in after doing some rest moving last week. I took Sunday morning to sight in. I have restarted the challenge this morning.

I made a post on the cbc Saturday morning but I want to make today my start date instead.

Should I edit my post from Saturday, or delete it and make a new post? We're still under 100 shooters
Yes just edit your current post with the new start date. Just leave a little note as to why so when we are qualifying everyone at the end we'll know what happened

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
I only found Rokslide a while back and love the forums and the podcast. Can I still participate being a FNG? I saw talks about a cutoff, then in the rules I see bonus points for long term members, but no minimum post count needed.

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
I only found Rokslide a while back and love the forums. Can I still participate being a FNG? I saw talks about a cutoff, then in the rules I see bonus points for long term members, but no minimum post count needed.

Yes you can. Go to the thread and read through the rules, then get started!!!