2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only found Rokslide a while back and love the forums. Can I still participate being a FNG? I saw talks about a cutoff, then in the rules I see bonus points for long term members, but no minimum post count needed.
No minimum post count to enter, the extra entries are a reward to those who are active on the forum.

You can always shoot the challenge but have to make the cutoff to be entered in the drawing

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I prematurely started the challenge with my rigbut sighted in after doing some rest moving last week. I took Sunday morning to sight in. I have restarted the challenge this morning.

I made a post on the cbc Saturday morning but I want to make today my start date instead.

Should I edit my post from Saturday, or delete it and make a new post? We're still under 100 shooters
Hey man, you’re fine to just use your original post. We’ve always allowed people to restart the challenge if they had any issues. Thanks for asking. now go hit the vitals.

Dang it all! I couldn't just shoot one arrow... so I threw my longbow into the CBC mix. No broadheads, sadly... but I'm happy at twenty yards for hardly shooting this thing lately.
IMG_3220.jpg

TX_Diver

WKR
Windy today so originally I was only planning to shoot the recurve as I can shoot 20 yards with pretty good shielding from the house. Got that shot in (barely) and figured what the heck. Put the target back another 30 and dropped the compound shot in there too. I did turn so that I wasn't shooting perpendicular to the wind and had some help with the house blocking me. Still nice to get the first 2 hits of the challenge though!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@realunlucky
see my Day 3 (post #4)

My SEVR bounced out of the Matrix and I did not see if hit vital.

Never remember this happening. Do I count as a miss, drop day 3 and and a day to make up, or restart the 5-arrow challenge

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@realunlucky
see my Day 3 (post #4)

My SEVR bounced out of the Matrix and I did not see if hit vital.

Never remember this happening. Do I count as a miss, drop day 3 and and a day to make up, or restart the 5-arrow challenge
Robby,
You wouldn't restart -- so options are call it a miss or shoot day 3 again on day 4

I think either is acceptable but since you didn't miss it's not fair to yourself call it that.

Fairest way in my opinion is to shoot day 3 again tomorrow. It's still legal since it's a one arrow a day challenge and you haven't shot more that.

I re-watched the video a couple times and even zoomed in couldn't tell where it hit either.

A mechanical bounced off a matrix target??? How's that set the confidence for it working on a mule deer???? Just stirring the pot.

WKR
Can I cut my MER in half if one of these moving targets with a half-size vitals zone comes into range before I've taken my shot for the day?
PXL_20230502_110724547.MP.jpg

I have a valid tag.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can I cut my MER in half if one of these moving targets with a half-size vitals zone comes into range before I've taken my shot for the day?
View attachment 549457

I have a valid tag.
Essentially you could shoot a turkey with your bow but you'd need to restart the 5 day challenge afterwards

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
A mechanical bounced off a matrix target??? How's that set the confidence for it working on a mule deer???? Just stirring the pot.
sounds worse than it is. The SEVR has a practice mode where you lock the blades in and the little tabs that normally engage the target first and open the blades are not a sharpened edge. They don’t penetrate much and is actually nice as arrows are easy to pull. Does that make more sense?