2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The 2023 Cold Bow Challenge will start Saturday, April 29th AT 8:15 AM MTN TIME on the Challenge Thread Here.

(You’re currently on the QnA thread)

Hit the "Watch" button upper right on both threads to receive the notification when someone posts.

and get your bow ready

5/31/23 UPDATE:

Here is the Winners list
PackageWinner
Iron will packageCjdewese
Mtn ToughNPhunter
PhoneskopeJlw0142
Pyro PuttyWicked_redemtion_calls
Vortex crossfire 1400BRtreedogs
ONX elite membershipAW Copeland
ArgaliCMF
Black OvisJstumbaugh
CrispiH2s04
SKREDoverpack12

@cjdewese @nphunter @jlw0142 @Wicked_Redemption_Calls @BRTreedogs @awcopeland @CMF @Jstumbaugh @h2so4 @doverpack12

Congrats to those archers! Please hit me at [email protected] by June 9 or we could draw for an alternate.

Thanks everyone for supporting the challenge. Our hope, along with our sponsors, are that it makes you an all around better hunter capable of making better shot decisions—the animals deserve it.

6/8/23 Update:
Thanks to @CorbLand for compiling the data from the qualified shooters in this years CBC. Listen in on the June 13 Rokcast as they will be discussing these stats more in depth.IMG_4747.png

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
I'll be announcing start date and prizes soon here.

This will be our 7th Annual CBC.

Hit the "Watch" button upper right to receive the notification....

and get your bow ready
Oh man. I have all my components in a box. I remember back in the day I’d spend all night setting up a bow! Now it just sits in the corner! Maybe this is what I need to get it out and set up!

TX_Diver

WKR
I better get around to putting this back together! Recurve is ready to go at least.

1PEK4DIh.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man. I have all my components in a box. I remember back in the day I’d spend all night setting up a bow! Now it just sits in the corner! Maybe this is what I need to get it out and set up!
That’s one of the reasons we host this. Forces us all to get ready sooner.

sndmn11

WKR
I'd like to see creative ways people challenge themselves for an unofficial bonus component beyond shooting broadheads. I think a person or two in the past ran a mile before each shot, or shooting from a compromised position (sitting, kneeling, rotated, etc.), or gapped in-between pins at 53 yards instead of 50 or 60. Maybe even go back once complete and shoot the same distance but with the wrong yardage to learn what their window of range error is to stay within the vitals high and low.

The year Alpha Bowhunting had those types of scenarios laid out was very cool.

sndmn11

WKR
Is this just shooting when it's cold or what? Never caught this thread hit us with the "rules"

They will get the rules for the year in the announcement thread. Essentially it is one arrow a day at your self decided max effective range, for five days. No practice of any kind, just the one single arrow.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see creative ways people challenge themselves for an unofficial bonus component beyond shooting broadheads. I think a person or two in the past ran a mile before each shot, or shooting from a compromised position (sitting, kneeling, rotated, etc.), or gapped in-between pins at 53 yards instead of 50 or 60. Maybe even go back once complete and shoot the same distance but with the wrong yardage to learn what their window of range error is to stay within the vitals high and low.

The year Alpha Bowhunting had those types of scenarios laid out was very cool.
the rules allow a lot of flexibility for shooting positions, shooting fatigued, pin gapping, shooting with a pack on, etc, for archers to challenge themselves.

The spirit of the challenge is just the one arrow a day for five days (doesn't have to be consecutive days) but NO PRACTICE ARROWS between days.

It's humbling for most. Humiliating for some.