Who else hunts the west with a black rifle?

Taudisio

WKR
So, all the normal parts of an AR, minus the gas block/gas tube? No other changes to the action?
Starting from the front of the rifle, NO- gas port, gas block, gas tube, bolt stop/release, buffer retainer, buffer, buffer spring.

The buffer tube is completely empty and could be a folder if I decided. The bolt carrier is chopped in half, so it doesn’t even go into the tube. There is no gas system in the gun.

TaperPin

WKR
Those gasless AR’s are super cool.

I’m not an AR fan, but put hem together for the kids - no self respecting young dude would be without one. Now that AR10 components have come way down in price, I will probably end up building an accurate 6.5 creed or 7mm08 for one of them to hunt with.

Starting from the front of the rifle, NO- gas port, gas block, gas tube, bolt stop/release, buffer retainer, buffer, buffer spring.

The buffer tube is completely empty and could be a folder if I decided. The bolt carrier is chopped in half, so it doesn’t even go into the tube. There is no gas system in the gun.

Without the buffer/spring, how is the BCG going forward, after you pull it back? Do you have it fixed to the charging handle somehow?

Taudisio

WKR
Without the buffer/spring, how is the BCG going forward, after you pull it back? Do you have it fixed to the charging handle somehow?
It has a left side charging handle, fire, pull back and eject, push forward and it loads a new round from the magazine. Just like a bolt action, except you don’t have to lift up. I don’t have a video in action, but I have some where you can hear me working the bolt.

It has a left side charging handle, fire, pull back and eject, push forward and it loads a new round from the magazine. Just like a bolt action, except you don’t have to lift up. I don’t have a video in action, but I have some where you can hear me working the bolt.

Ah, that makes total sense now. Thought you were using a normal charging handle. Very cool setup man.

Taudisio

WKR
Ah, that makes total sense now. Thought you were using a normal charging handle. Very cool setup man.
It wasn’t my idea, just my tweaks on the original design.