Who else hunts with a sub 8lb magnum rifle?

I have a tikka 338 wm that is 6 lbs bare weight. But then there’s the reliable rings and scope, and suppressor and it’s almost 9 lbs. The extra 2 lbs (more than stupid light rings and scope and no suppressor) is well worth its weight.

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
I don't qualify for under 8 pounds....I did buy a 300WM this year and rebarreled a 30-06. Trying to keep the WM at 10 pounds or less (just the barreled action is pretty stout). Have to see which one wins the accuracy, dependability tests for this years hunt. It will be one of them though.

Even the messiah here has said - if you can shoot an optimized 300 WM it takes killing to a whole 'nother level. So I am going to go in that direction....

Good luck to all!

Unckebob

WKR
I just got back from a range session where I tried out my new Browning Mountain Pro in 6.8W without a brake or a suppressor. It was very unpleasant. The brake is going back on until I get the correct direct thread adapter from SilencerCo.

It is 6.2 pounds empty with lightweight Talley rings and a 12.6oz scope not adding much more.

Last edited: