What's Your Non-Truck Hunting Rig?

Moserkr

WKR
Can ride from my house to local spots soon, just need to finish the rebuild. Will see how bad the pack out is in one shot. Can always make trips or bring back the truck. Out of state will still take the truck but the bike will come too. 38092A79-12AE-4699-9585-BC9085082CA3.jpeg

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Last fall on a thanksgiving family trip got my little brother out on his first hunt and managed to keep the wife’s van free of blood.

I’ve probably put more dead critters in the CRV than I have any other vehicle. Multiple deer elk and bear.

1400E85D-5937-4EEC-922D-7572837FA259.jpegDDA25EA0-5B00-4CBB-A387-6F096A448105.jpeg78A13805-E317-4E2B-B67A-17D0947D8AB5.jpeg

Just picked up a 2000 Model Cherokee Sport from a buddy. It has a small lift, AT tires and winch. I've nearly turned it into my daily driver, since it still gets better mileage than the Tundra.
I ran a 2000 Cherokee for 16 years. Bought it new. Added lift, recovery bumpers. Used a roof rack and a hitch hauler for extra space. Took that thing all over. Only got it stuck once when I tried getting over a rotten culvert that collapsed and dropped the front into a creek. Needed to track down a log skidder to get it out, but made a good friend in the process.

Also towed an 18' fiberglass walleye boat with it for a few years. Was really all the Jeep could handle, but got it done. Sold it with 267k, original engine and tranny.

Still regret selling it, but ran out of room to store it and with 3 young kids it wasn't getting used much for a few year.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
What year crv? Any after market work done to it to handle off-road better than stock?. I've been looking at the gen 1 crvs lately...

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Probably will be taking my 98 Camry some this year depending on where I am hunting do to gas prices….fjb

Scott2002

FNG
NIght hunted hogs out of a Prius....There I said it. I t worked pretty good, but I wasn't hauling them out.

260madman

WKR
I used to hunt with my work beater, 1986 Caprice Classic, an awful lot. Threw 3 deer in the trunk and had room for more. Stealthmobile.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Hunted out of a '96 Buick LeSabre for quite a while.
Front wheel drive.
Would take the front wheel off my Mtn. Bike and throw it in the trunk
Good to go.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I ran a 2000 Cherokee for 16 years. Bought it new. Added lift, recovery bumpers. Used a roof rack and a hitch hauler for extra space. Took that thing all over. Only got it stuck once when I tried getting over a rotten culvert that collapsed and dropped the front into a creek. Needed to track down a log skidder to get it out, but made a good friend in the process.

Also towed an 18' fiberglass walleye boat with it for a few years. Was really all the Jeep could handle, but got it done. Sold it with 267k, original engine and tranny.

Still regret selling it, but ran out of room to store it and with 3 young kids it wasn't getting used much for a few year.
Everyone i've ever known that had one, says they regretted selling. I'm happy with it so far

Kilboars

WKR
2014 ESV Escalade Platinum
d1a8970143b8e4ca27455e4ff5e641d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started out hunting out of a 1998 Subaru Forester back in the day. That ol beast is long gone but now I have a 95 Legacy Wagon that I will take, roads permitting. If I can afford to leave the 02 Tundra parked and save on some gas I definitley will!

What are your guys' non-truck rigs that you take out?
First hunt ever was WI deer gun season in a 1998 Chevy Cavelier. No clue what we actually would have done with a deer if we got one down (our experience matched our rig, so no luck on that one)

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
What year crv? Any after market work done to it to handle off-road better than stock?. I've been looking at the gen 1 crvs lately...
It's a 2008 with nothing aftermarket. My truck died and at the same time my wife was wanting a van for our 2 kids so I ended up with the crv. Definitely can't get everywhere, but I've gotten into spots with it that it sure wasn't designed for. It has made me rethink some areas I hunt and as a result I think I hunt some areas that are overlooked because they aren't at the end of some crappy forest service road.

CorbLand

WKR
I have been looking at CRVs or Rav4s. It would limit the places that I can go but I would probably go a lot more if I wasnt getting 10-12 miles to the gallon.

180ls1

WKR
I have been looking at CRVs or Rav4s. It would limit the places that I can go but I would probably go a lot more if I wasnt getting 10-12 miles to the gallon.

I'd strongly encourage one of the Suzuki, Chevy Tracker or Isuzu options instead. That way you get a real 4x4 with 4lo. I love Toyota to death for their reliability but high range awd only on a Rav4 is a tough pill to swallow.

CorbLand

WKR
I'd strongly encourage one of the Suzuki, Chevy Tracker or Isuzu options instead. That way you get a real 4x4 with 4lo. I love Toyota to death for their reliability but high range awd only on a Rav4 is a tough pill to swallow.
The Sidekicks have always interested me but they arent very popular around here, so hard to find. Its Utah if it doesn't say, Jeep, Dodge or Toyota its garbage.

Honestly, in 7 years of hunting with my Tundra, I used 4lo once. If the roads are that bad, I am not on them. 60 percent of my hunting is done in a wilderness that has a paved road to the trail heads.