What's Your Non-Truck Hunting Rig?

12wander

FNG
When I can’t get there in the truck. If I can’t get there in this then it’s boots on the ground.

Attachments

• 43ECCC1F-A62D-409F-87FA-24B6C6A4AA40.jpeg
    43ECCC1F-A62D-409F-87FA-24B6C6A4AA40.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 78
Anyone in a Sequoia? I'm trying to talk myself into one these over a tundra.
I had a sequoia and a tundra at different times. Both great vehicles and basically the same except for the back. In my opinion the tundra with a shell is more useful and usually cheaper. I wanted something smaller for wheeling so now I drive a tacoma, but I do miss the tundras power and room.

Gutshotem

WKR
I had a sequoia and a tundra at different times. Both great vehicles and basically the same except for the back. In my opinion the tundra with a shell is more useful and usually cheaper. I wanted something smaller for wheeling so now I drive a tacoma, but I do miss the tundras power and room.
Thats interesting because my thought was that if I was going to put a cap on a truck and not be able to haul a quad or bulky stuff, I may as well just get the SUV and remove the 2 back seats for sleeping when needed.

Thats interesting because my thought was that if I was going to put a cap on a truck and not be able to haul a quad or bulky stuff, I may as well just get the SUV and remove the 2 back seats for sleeping when needed.
This has always been my thought as well, plus I can store longer items like fly rods and lumber. I also prefer an SUV because it has a security system for the cargo vs a truck with a cab.

This has always been my thought as well, plus I can store longer items like fly rods and lumber. I also prefer an SUV because it has a security system for the cargo vs a truck with a cab.
And you don’t have to worry about dust with an SUV. Most caps are not tight enough to keep it out. May not be an issue though depending on location and time of year

I like being able to hose mud, blood etc out, haul lumber, firewood and not worry about the carpet. Depending on the model/year the floor might not be that flat and the seats might just fold forward and not come out making it not great for sleeping. Plus the shell can come off if you really need an open bed once in awhile. Some people prefer suvs, but I didn’t.

timstl

FNG
2018 Subaru Forester XT with smaller wheels and beefier tires. It could use a little lift but haven't managed to get it stuck anywhere yet. I also use a modified Lowes 3.5x5 trailer when I need a little extra space.

Biggest issue is the towing capacity is extremely low. The new Wilderness model helps with that a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_4546.JPG
    IMG_4546.JPG
    585.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5817.JPG
    IMG_5817.JPG
    310.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 112
I have a Can Am Defender HD10 Limited that I made a bed cover/height extension with surround for it and mounted Kolpin gun vise mounts on the bottom of the center seat. That way when the seat is flipped down the mounts are out of the way and unseen. This is it on my old Defender.20190528_174752.jpg20190528_174734.jpg

2018 Subaru Forester XT with smaller wheels and beefier tires. It could use a little lift but haven't managed to get it stuck anywhere yet. I also use a modified Lowes 3.5x5 trailer when I need a little extra space.

Biggest issue is the towing capacity is extremely low. The new Wilderness model helps with that a bit.

That modified trailer looks legit. Did you add a lift for the larger tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timstl

FNG
That modified trailer looks legit. Did you add a lift for the larger tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Along with the wheels and tires, I flipped the axle for more clearance (and welded new spring seats and springs). Also, put marine plywood coated in truck bed spray for a floorboard. All said and done < $1000 including the trailer. Gets the job done for camping trips and whatnot.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a 2000 Model Cherokee Sport from a buddy. It has a small lift, AT tires and winch. I've nearly turned it into my daily driver, since it still gets better mileage than the Tundra.

WyoKid

WKR
I’m hoping to get my hands on a 97 rav4. What year is yours?
It is a 2002...love the higher clearance and compact width in some of the places I have taken it. Good tires and chains when necessary has gotten me into some knarly areas.

2016 cheerokee trailhawk. It's about to get a new bumper winch. It has bee lifted and is fitted with 32" tires. 20220103_120207.jpg