What's Your Non-Truck Hunting Rig?

I hunted out my Expedition for little over decade...its has hauled elk, antelope, WT, hogs, gators, bears, duck, quail, pheasant, squirrels, rabbits, swan, and coolers full of every kind of fish you could imagine from rainbow trout to blue fin. It was more comfortable to sleep in than my 250, but the 250 is better off road, towing, and hauling my fishing yak.

Attachments

• 20141010_202941.jpg
    20141010_202941.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 103

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll probably leave the pickup home and take the wife’s daily driver this year. Jeep Unlimited Rubicon. Especially if it’s easy to remove/replace the rear seat, the mountain bike fits and I can sleep in there. A little Subaru does look attractive but the Jeep bone stock clearance is great and I like the lockers & sway bar disconnect. I don’t do a bunch of “wheeling” but it’d be nice if it could save me a little packing distance. Some of the “roads” to trailheads had me clenching in the pickup last year.

Air your tires down and you can run comfortably over rough trails. Our pickup is rough, smooth in our jeep

Yoder

WKR
I've been using my 2013 mazda 3 with either a trailer hitch rack or my utility trailer. It's good enough to get me close. If I have to go in pretty far on a trail I just take my mountain bike. My truck rusted out a few years back and I just couldn't bring myself to buy another one with the ridiculous pricing right now.

I have a 2016 medium roof Ford Transit cargo van. These big vans are great to use for ”camping”, having a place to haul your stuff out of the elements, low profile, place to sleep on overnight trips, make shift shop to work on gear & equipment. Very multi purpose too. They suck on rough dirt roads because of ground clearance, suspension, frame. But with good AT tires and good judgement you can get places.
7AEB9861-9A8F-4E78-95F7-E05A98FCC691.jpeg

As a kid hunting with my Dad we had early 70’s VW Beetles. Then station wagons. Didn’t care about getting game and blood in the vehicle. In those days you strapped it on top and hauled it home.

With current gas prices I‘m eyeballing my wife’s Outback more and more.

I'm about to be in this boat, used truck prices are stupid. I feel like you can get a lot more SUV for the money.

In addition to hunting, I need to be able to tow a 18ft boat (4000 lbs). Any recommendations to look for?

Wyatt G

Lil-Rokslider
C4345448-D633-4CEB-B975-C3B951C897BB.jpeg
V8 4runner, fold down the rear seats and there’s plenty of room for gear and a spot to sleep. This past season i didn’t pay close enough attention to my maps, and the maintained gravel road i was on turned into a gnarly off road trail. After that i was no longer regretting spending money on the lift i had just put on lol, if it wasn’t for the lift i would of had some body damage instead of just some pinstripes.

Wyatt G

Lil-Rokslider
I'm about to be in this boat, used truck prices are stupid. I feel like you can get a lot more SUV for the money.

In addition to hunting, I need to be able to tow a 18ft boat (4000 lbs). Any recommendations to look for?
I’ve towed a 19.5ft bass boat with my v8 4runner, it handled it fine but i wouldn’t want to go much heavier. I think a full size like a land cruiser, sequoia, or a tahoe would be a better option.

tuffcity

WKR
zSaPyw5.jpg

ridiculous MPG!!