Suppressor wait times

Northman.

FNG
Cool story bro. My 7 suppressors work just fine on my 20+ rifles. Maybe I should should get a few for my 20+ handguns.

How many firearms are you allowed to own again?

Last time I checked, 8 firearms for hunting (more if you have an actual need) and 30-40 for competition.
And I can use most of the competition firearms to hunt with as well.

Last edited:
Local. Had my e-mails from the ATF before I left the store. Silencer Central/Silencer Shop is a scam IMO. Ridiculous how much time they add for their own processes.
I filed through a local shop as well. 172 days, still waiting.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Local. Had my e-mails from the ATF before I left the store. Silencer Central/Silencer Shop is a scam IMO. Ridiculous how much time they add for their own processes.
My silencer central stuff was filed with the ATF within a week so not as fast as a local shop for sure. I do t think I’d call it a scam though and I don’t even really like silencer central (even though I use them). Seems like there isn’t another company that does what they do so there isn’t much to compare them too. For me, if I want to go to a store that is a silencer deal, it is going to cost me around a thousand bucks by the time I fly to anchorage, get a hotel, rent a car etc and I’d have to do it again to go get the silencer.

I realize I’m the minority here but for me, silencer central has been great. I try not to go to anchorage unless I have to and if I made trips just to buy a silencer, I’d be looking at 3x the cost or more for the silencer by the time it was done.

The extra week it’s taken on the front end at silencer central dosent bother me as as much as that dumb shit I you have to do at the end. Where you’re approved and everything is good to go but they wait like 10 days to mail it to you.

On the other hand, now that I already have a few silencers to use, I’m not really stressing waiting for the 2 I have in the works now and silencer central made it super easy with my fingerprints and stuff on file, the 2 I have that are being processed didn’t even require me to talk to a salesperson, it was completely done through text message. It was actually a bit too easy even if it’s going to take an extra 3 weeks.

I’ve also heard complaints that silencer central sells stuff at “retail”. The guy I dealt with last time actually found coupons and discounts for me, I didn’t even ask. One of them was like 75.00 off my dead air mask 22. And the thunderbeast thing he did saved me 50-60 bucks too.

Again, I’m not defending silencer central and I’d never use them if I could just drive to a dealer but my experience with them hasn’t been terrible and given my circumstances it’s worked very well for me. Scam? Probably not, but also not the best way to buy for everybody.

ChrisAU

WKR
My silencer central stuff was filed with the ATF within a week so not as fast as a local shop for sure. I do t think I’d call it a scam though and I don’t even really like silencer central (even though I use them). Seems like there isn’t another company that does what they do so there isn’t much to compare them too. For me, if I want to go to a store that is a silencer deal, it is going to cost me around a thousand bucks by the time I fly to anchorage, get a hotel, rent a car etc and I’d have to do it again to go get the silencer.

I realize I’m the minority here but for me, silencer central has been great. I try not to go to anchorage unless I have to and if I made trips just to buy a silencer, I’d be looking at 3x the cost or more for the silencer by the time it was done.

The extra week it’s taken on the front end at silencer central dosent bother me as as much as that dumb shit I you have to do at the end. Where you’re approved and everything is good to go but they wait like 10 days to mail it to you.

On the other hand, now that I already have a few silencers to use, I’m not really stressing waiting for the 2 I have in the works now and silencer central made it super easy with my fingerprints and stuff on file, the 2 I have that are being processed didn’t even require me to talk to a salesperson, it was completely done through text message. It was actually a bit too easy even if it’s going to take an extra 3 weeks.

I’ve also heard complaints that silencer central sells stuff at “retail”. The guy I dealt with last time actually found coupons and discounts for me, I didn’t even ask. One of them was like 75.00 off my dead air mask 22. And the thunderbeast thing he did saved me 50-60 bucks too.

Again, I’m not defending silencer central and I’d never use them if I could just drive to a dealer but my experience with them hasn’t been terrible and given my circumstances it’s worked very well for me. Scam? Probably not, but also not the best way to buy for everybody.

An extra week isn't bad, but I've seen a lot of people say 1-2 months+ of additional wait time.

bat-cave

WKR
FWIW, My own history with Silencer has been mostly positive.

1st Suppressor was on paper, but using the Silencer Shop in a local shop. 12 months for approval.
I have 3 more approvals pending now, all efile and split across 2 different shops.

Shop #1: Ordered an SBR (eForm 4 - SS Trust) from Silencer Shop (not available locally). Took ~2 weeks for it to arrive and ~3 days for it to become ready to certify (unclear as to who is "at fault" for the 3 days .. but not a big deal IMHO). Certified on 3/24 ... still pending.

Shop #1 Ordered a Suppressor that they had in stock and processed the SS Trust certified 4 days later, pending as of 4/4.

Shop #2 Ordered a Suppressor they had in stock and processed a SS Trust and certified 6 days later (Ordered before the one above ... I attribute this to Shop #2). Pending as of 4/5

Shop #1 Ordered a Suppressor via Silencer Shop (Cheaper) and shipped to Shop #1. 10 days after the Order it arrived at Shop #1. They called me yesterday to tell me it's in the shop and waiting for the email that we can go Certify.

My shipping times weren't terrible from Silencer Shop ... just unacceptably long times for ATF approval.

My .02

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
An extra week isn't bad, but I've seen a lot of people say 1-2 months+ of additional wait time.
I guess I take some of that back, one of the silencers I wanted had to be ordered so it took a few weeks for Silencer Central to get it before the paperwork could get started but again, it was my choice to go through them, I suppose I could have called around to find a place that had it in stock but then I'm back to the whole making a trip to anchorage just to deal with it.

I guess that would be one caveat to Silencer Central, the do want to sell the Banish line which they have in stock, if you want one of those, I'd imagine the paperwork gets going almost immediatly (it did when I bought mine). Apparently they are a vendor for pretty much every company out there so they can get anything you want, that dosen't mean they have it in stock or that it will be handled in a timely efficient manner. Again, not sticking up for them but my experience has been great based on my needs and situation.

I'll keep using them as long as I live in a rural area, when I finally bite the bullet and move to ******* anchorage, I won't ever use them again as there will be no need. As for now though, Silencer Central makes it pretty easy to get my hands on silencers. Now, if the ATF would pick up the pace that would be great

twall13

WKR
Certified two cans on March 10, 2022 through e-file with Silencer Central. Received the first approval email on Oct. 26th and the second today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
I guess I take some of that back, one of the silencers I wanted had to be ordered so it took a few weeks for Silencer Central to get it before the paperwork could get started but again, it was my choice to go through them, I suppose I could have called around to find a place that had it in stock but then I'm back to the whole making a trip to anchorage just to deal with it.

I'll keep using them as long as I live in a rural area, when I finally bite the bullet and move to ******* anchorage, I won't ever use them again as there will be no need.

Where are you at now? I know you've said anchorage is a shit hole but it didn't seem that bad to me when I passed through. Girdwood was quaint but overpriced.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Where are you at now? I know you've said anchorage is a shit hole but it didn't seem that bad to me when I passed through. Girdwood was quaint but overpriced.
I’m off the main road system. Anchorage is just a shit city like any other, it just happens to be in Alaska. Crime, drugs, homelessness, general social decay is in full force there.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!

I guess that would be one caveat to Silencer Central, the do want to sell the Banish line which they have in stock, if you want one of those, I'd imagine the paperwork gets going almost immediatly (it did when I bought mine). Apparently they are a vendor for pretty much every company out there so they can get anything you want, that dosen't mean they have it in stock or that it will be handled in a timely efficient manner. Again, not sticking up for them but my experience has been great based on my needs and situation.

I'll keep using them as long as I live in a rural area, when I finally bite the bullet and move to ******* anchorage, I won't ever use them again as there will be no need. As for now though, Silencer Central makes it pretty easy to get my hands on silencers. Now, if the ATF would pick up the pace that would be great

Nope. I called them up, credit card in hand to purchase a banish 30, which they had in stock. I had already ordered with them before so they had all my info. They take my order and I had to wait a month for them to schedule me for their virtual eform submission deal.

It's a simple process, but overpriced and SLOW beyond the ATF wait...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nope. I called them up, credit card in hand to purchase a banish 30, which they had in stock. I had already ordered with them before so they had all my info. They take my order and I had to wait a month for them to schedule me for their virtual eform submission deal.

It's a simple process, but overpriced and SLOW beyond the ATF wait...
Crazy, I’v ever waited a month even for a thunderbeast and a dead air silencer through them. I guess I’m just lucky.

That even includes them having to acutallly get the silencers so they could assign me a serial number.

Colberjs

WKR
Silencer shop isn't any better. 1-3 month wait for their BS paperwork before the "ready to certify" email. The first e-file was nearly 3 months from purchase before I could submit. The last 2 we're 1.5-2 months after emailing them. Those are still in jail from March and April.

Local is the way to go. My SOT has always been solid with no wait.
I paid for mine at 11:04am on 4-14, was ready to certify at 11:35pm on 4-14 and, SIlencer Shop submitted the paperwork on 4-15

Sled

WKR
I paid for mine at 11:04am on 4-14, was ready to certify at 11:35pm on 4-14 and, SIlencer Shop submitted the paperwork on 4-15
Your experience is definitely better than mine. Individual or trust with single party?

Unckebob

WKR
When does an application become "certified?" I had the meeting with my FFL and the application is has been submitted and is in "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS."

Your experience is definitely better than mine. Individual or trust with single party?

Did your dealer have the suppressor in stock when you bought it? If not, then you probably weren't waiting on Silencer Shop to get the paperwork done, you were waiting on the Form 3 to get approved and the can to get to your dealer so the Form 4 process could get going.

Sled

WKR
Did your dealer have the suppressor in stock when you bought it? If not, then you probably weren't waiting on Silencer Shop to get the paperwork done, you were waiting on the Form 3 to get approved and the can to get to your dealer so the Form 4 process could get going.

The form 3 was 3 weeks of the wait. SS showed it as in stock and my SOT is always ready to go. After it arrived I waited another 7 weeks before SS had my paperwork done. The fun part was getting a ready to certify email at 6 weeks. That wasn't the case since the paperwork wasn't done and the SOT did not have it on his end. Another two weeks and many calls to SS and I was finally able to certify the form 4. This has been my experience for the last 3 which were all eform.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
grudddg83-=5\04