Suppressor wait times

Northpark

WKR
That Harvester looks like the perfect unit for a hunting rifle.
It is in my opinion. It’s my first suppressor so it’s not like have a whole bunch of other options but for it’s intended purpose I think it’s about the best hunting suppressor you can get especially for the $530 price tag. I just got done carrying mine around the desert for a week chasing bears and coues deer and I will never not have it attached again.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is looking for another reason NOT to use Silencer Central, Silencer Shop, etc rather than buying locally, here is one. After finally getting approved this am (3/10 eForm submission), SC now has to notify my local law enforcement via USPS Certified snail mail. Once they have received confirmation that LE has received the notification, they then have to wait another 7 days before they ship the silencer. Shipping will likely take another week. So, 3 additional wks to receive your suppressor when you could go down and pick it up if you buy locally. NEVER AGAIN will I use SC!:mad::mad::mad:

bat-cave

WKR
If anyone is looking for another reason NOT to use Silencer Central, Silencer Shop, etc rather than buying locally, here is one. After finally getting approved this am (3/10 eForm submission), SC now has to notify my local law enforcement via USPS Certified snail mail. Once they have received confirmation that LE has received the notification, they then have to wait another 7 days before they ship the silencer. Shipping will likely take another week. So, 3 additional wks to receive your suppressor when you could go down and pick it up if you buy locally. NEVER AGAIN will I use SC!:mad::mad::mad:
FWIW ... No experience with Silencer Central, but clearly quite a few negative reviews. I would offer that lumping in Silencer Shop and positioning it as an alternative to shopping local is a bit of a misnomer based upon my experience. I have purchased products in-store, which then use Silencer Centrals Kiosk as well as ordered products (not available in my local shop), which are then shipped to the local shop to complete the process through the Silencer Shop Portal.

I think the sentiment is "buy local", which I agree with ... but in my experience (limited to 6 NFA purchases) these all ended up leveraging Silencer Shop + my local FFL.

Snake0825

FNG
The first suppressor I got in 2020 (YHM t2) took 8 months. The second one in 2021 (YHM resonator k) took 15 months. Would like a rimfire can but don’t wanna wait again.

And 446 days later, it arrives.
Silencer Central.
If I were to deal with them again, they would not be paid in full up front!
It seemed a series unnecessary delays may be due to a lack of motivation on their part, possibly because they were already paid.

Give them a 'slow' review, like I did. It won't be long until you get calls and emails from them wanting you to take down your unflattering review, and trying to justify their fuggups.....

ElPollo

WKR
Hah! Approval email came through an hour ago. Day 235 or 7.7 months. On an eForm submission. Gotta go pick it up.

Unckebob

WKR
Today, the ATF punked me by sending notice that they were updating their e-file system.

I am in the zone where I should have gotten it by now.

cmahoney

WKR
1a1ff1e85adc61cb2fd5a568c849df84.jpg

Only 150 days off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gynaroo

FNG
I bought 2 Silencers on 3/9. Did my ATF certification on 4/11/22. Still waiting. I definitely jumped on the 90 day bandwagon hype. With my hunts behind me I hope to have them this year. But expect that I’ll likely be after January. When I look at the ATF/NFA wait times. They are still working through paper forms from May of 21.