Suppressor wait times

Clock started yesterday for my Ultra 7... Certified and submitted, I would say purchasing locally, and using the kiosk, was pretty seamless, and the guy working at the store said he would be getting a better commission for an instore sale, so I think that would be the best way to keep the dollars as local as possible... Helped make the decision between the 4 models I was down to being able to handle them and talk pros and cons in person.

Reactions: NPC

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Over 2 wks now and counting since my ATF approval and still waiting on SC to ship my can. This is solely due to SC's misinterpretation of the law and regulations. Instead of submitting notification to local LE at the time of purchase and application for the can, SC waits until they get the approval. Local dealers submit to local LE when you apply and purchase your silencer as your are assigned the suppressor and serial # then, thereby "overlapping" the wait times rather than adding additional time to your ability to receive your suppressor. SC waits until they get approval from ATF, then sendS notification to local LE by snail mail, waitS 7 days from when local LE receives the notification, and then ships the suppressor. This absurd misinterpretation along with their delays in submitting my application to ATF have easily added 3 mos to my wait time for this can. NEVER BUY FROM SC!! I WON'T EVER AGAIN!!

Just picked up my Omega
Bought 11-15-21 from Silencer Shop on the BOGO deal (Free can shipped 345 days after purchase)
Certified E-File 3-11-22 (FFL waited until efile was up then had issues so super long wait there)
Approved 11-1-22 (352 days from purchase, 236 days from certification)

Over 2 wks now and counting since my ATF approval and still waiting on SC to ship my can. This is solely due to SC's misinterpretation of the law and regulations. Instead of submitting notification to local LE at the time of purchase and application for the can, SC waits until they get the approval. Local dealers submit to local LE when you apply and purchase your silencer as your are assigned the suppressor and serial # then, thereby "overlapping" the wait times rather than adding additional time to your ability to receive your suppressor. SC waits until they get approval from ATF, then sendS notification to local LE by snail mail, waitS 7 days from when local LE receives the notification, and then ships the suppressor. This absurd misinterpretation along with their delays in submitting my application to ATF have easily added 3 mos to my wait time for this can. NEVER BUY FROM SC!! I WON'T EVER AGAIN!!
It took them 27 days after approval to create a shipping label for mine. It’s been 2 more days and it hasn’t shipped yet, but that was the weekend. I’m hoping it ships today. (10/16 approval, 11/12 the label was created)

ChrisAU

WKR

The dealer isn't even required to notify LE anymore. The purchaser is supposed to, but it is not a required step in the process. I always hand deliver mine to the Sheriff's office the day I buy them. I handed one in for a buddy last week (I work across the street from our court house).

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
The dealer isn't even required to notify LE anymore. The purchaser is supposed to, but it is not a required step in the process. I always hand deliver mine to the Sheriff's office the day I buy them. I handed one in for a buddy last week (I work across the street from our court house).
Are you sure about this? I did not see anything to that effect when I reviewed the ATF regulations myself in my "conversation" with SC. Their attorneys are clearly idiots.

ChrisAU

WKR
Are you sure about this? I did not see anything to that effect when I reviewed the ATF regulations myself in my "conversation" with SC. Their attorneys are clearly idiots.
To clarify - what I meant is it is required to happen by law, but it is not a step in the process that would prevent a Form 4 from moving forward as there is absolutely zero oversight. At no point does the ATF or FBI confirm that CLEO notification occurred. I still do it, of course, as should everyone. But it is the responsibility of the buyer, not the dealer.

Transferee is the purchaser, transferor would be the dealer:

Below is an excerpt from the current ATF Form 4 [5320.4] describing the CLEO notification responsibilities.

f. Law Enforcement Notification. The transferee must provide a copy of the Form 4 to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) who has jurisdiction over the area of the transferee's address shown in item 2a of the Form 4. In addition, if the transferee is other than an individual, a copy of the ATF 5320.23, National Firearms Act (NFA) Responsible Person Questionnaire, completed by each responsible person must be provided to their respective chief law enforcement officer. The chief law enforcement officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police; or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor.

To clarify - what I meant is it is required to happen by law, but it is not a step in the process that would prevent a Form 4 from moving forward as there is absolutely zero oversight. At no point does the ATF or FBI confirm that CLEO notification occurred. I still do it, of course, as should everyone. But it is the responsibility of the buyer, not the dealer.

Transferee is the purchaser, transferor would be the dealer:

Below is an excerpt from the current ATF Form 4 [5320.4] describing the CLEO notification responsibilities.

In reading this, it states that a copy of the Form 4 has to be sent to the CLEO. I guess SC is reading that in the most conservative way, in that they are sending the “Approved Form 4” and waiting for confirmation that it was received before sending to the buyer.
Silencer Shop does this step as well, but as they use dealers rather than shipping directly to the buyer, this step doesn’t slow the process.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
UPDATE:

SC received confirmation that local LE received the notification on Nov. 5. They still have not shipped my suppressor. I will never use SC again and would urge everyone else to do the same.

UPDATE:

SC received confirmation that local LE received the notification on Nov. 5. They still have not shipped my suppressor. I will never use SC again and would urge everyone else to do the same.
What you’re describing is merely one small delay, in a series of many that SC does for you, once they have your money.

They still need to package it, put a shipping label on it, get it to the post office. Delay, delay, delay.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
What you’re describing is merely one small delay, in a series of many that SC does for you, once they have your money.

They still need to package it, put a shipping label on it, get it to the post office. Delay, delay, delay.
Exactly!!! Which is why I'm providing the information here so that others don't make the same mistake of using SC like I did. The excuses I get from them are absurd. Now, they're telling me they still have to package it, put a label on it, get it to the post office, etc.--like they couldn't have started that process when the got the approval 2 wks ago.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

rodney747

WKR
Dam just use good ear protection and tell the govt to stick their cans. Worse then a bunch of teenage school kids wanting something because everyone else wants one. These companies are laughing at y'all all the way to the bank!

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Fudds can't be fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
That's not true. I let one of my buddies dad shoot my 243 suppressed, and he bought a suppressor a week later. And he is one of the most hard headed old guys you will ever meet. I don't know if you've ever been around welders, but he is a retired welder. If that tells you anything.

z987k

WKR
It is in my opinion. It’s my first suppressor so it’s not like have a whole bunch of other options but for it’s intended purpose I think it’s about the best hunting suppressor you can get especially for the $530 price tag. I just got done carrying mine around the desert for a week chasing bears and coues deer and I will never not have it attached again.
It was my first one as well, and for the price you really cannot go wrong with it if the intended use is hunting.

I've got 1 other and yet another on the way, but that can will continue to be used.