Suppressor wait times

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Is there anywhere that indicated you had an issue, or did you simply call unprompted to try get a response?
Nope, no indication there was an issue holding up my app. Got well past the average wait time and decided I needed to quit being patient. Finally had time to email today (thanks to 4090Sharps and Amos for sharing the emails). Was approved in about 3 hours from my email and received a reply a minute after the approval email.

Take Amos Moses advice, if you're near or past the average approval, get ahold of them!

WKR
Holy schneikies it worked. Certified 3/21/22. Emailed FBI 10/30/23. Approved 10/31/23. Never got a response to my email, so I guess maybe it's a coincidence. Oh well, I'm happy. Headed to the lgs later today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Nice! That's around average right now, so it might actually be coincidence. Either way, congrats!

gabenzeke

WKR
Nice! That's around average right now, so it might actually be coincidence. Either way, congrats!
3/21/22 wasn't a typo. I'm waaaaaaaay beyond average wait time. Oh well, doesn't matter now. Glad I ordered two at once.

atmat

WKR
It’s a huge bummer that you have to email someone to do their job unless you want to risk sitting indefinitely.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Certified 20 March 2023, just got the email for approval! I emailed IPB last week on Thursday to inquire.

WKR
3/21/22 wasn't a typo. I'm waaaaaaaay beyond average wait time. Oh well, doesn't matter now. Glad I ordered two at once.

Oh wow, I missed that. You were way overdue. My apologies.

eltaco

WKR
I’m liking these results from email!

Has anyone with less than average wait times given it a try?!

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I tried the email and I’m only 3mo in on waiting. There’s zero reason these should be so controlled. They’re hearing protection for people and wildlife. And they still make plenty of noise.

MThuntr

WKR
Ok I sent emails to ATF and NICS emails that I found online. Got a response first thing this morning and I think they're tired of getting the emails so it's probably best to stop emailing them.

The NFA Division is committed to processing all forms as quickly as possible. We ask for your understanding that completing personalized status checks for applicants significantly delays processing efforts. NFA appreciates your understanding so that our staff can remain focused on processing applications and not researching status checks. Thank you.

What we can tell you:
-Your eFORM(s) are currently pending

-We will process your EFORM when we reach your received date in the processing queue and your NICS check has come back with a PROCEED

-The published average processing times are updated quarterly therefore may not always accurately reflect current processing times

-If you have multiple EFORMS received on the same date, they may be approved on different days because they aren’t necessarily assigned to the same examiner

-We do not offer batch processing on eforms

-We are not able to provide you information as to whether your eFORM has been assigned to an examiner or the status of your background.

NFA Division – Government Support Branch

304.616.4500 - Office Phone

grog24

Lil-Rokslider
Ok I sent emails to ATF and NICS emails that I found online. Got a response first thing this morning and I think they're tired of getting the emails so it's probably best to stop emailing them.
Yes, let's stop sending emails to the organization that makes up rules with no oversight, makes us pay money every time we want something, makes us get fingerprinted, makes us fill out a lot of forms, and makes us wait every time we want to buy a muffler... I don't want to inconvenience them...

It blows my mind how archaic the process is...

MThuntr

WKR
Yes, let's stop sending emails to the organization that makes up rules with no oversight, makes us pay money every time we want something, makes us get fingerprinted, makes us fill out a lot of forms, and makes us wait every time we want to buy a muffler... I don't want to inconvenience them...

I'm on day 309 so I emailed them. Inconvenient yes and i wont argue that it is archaic BUT if they pull a person from doing the checks to respond to emails maybe it would be faster.

WKR

It's not unreasonable to think that responding to a boatload of emails from people takes away from their approval numbers.

I think sending an email if you are passed the average wait time makes sense, but sending one before that is probably not helping the archaic process. Yes it sucks, but its a little entitled to demand your application be looked into before the average wait has passed.