Suppressor wait times

BjornF16

WKR
First timer here. Was on the phone with Capitol Armory this morning to finalize the e-form thing.

The ATF site was not responding to CA so try again tomorrow.

I'm resigned to the likelihood that suppressors will be banned before I ever get one. Low expectations soften the blow of disappointment.

God Bless American Government.
My LGS said they just delivered several suppressors that were just over 4 month wait as I was picking up mine after 7 month wait…

Not sure of any rhyme or reason…

Bluefish

WKR
My LGS said they just delivered several suppressors that were just over 4 month wait as I was picking up mine after 7 month wait…

Not sure of any rhyme or reason…
My theory is they add a new examiner and then just give them applications that just came in instead of releveling all the existing applications. This means some get approved a lot faster.

gabenzeke

WKR
Wut? How?
Silencer shop sold me the wrong trust at first, so they quickly filled out another one when I certified and I didn't pay close enough attention. They transposed two of the letters in my name in one spot. So I was rejected at 11 months, filed some kind of paperwork certifying that there was a spelling error, and went to the back of the line.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
Silencer shop sold me the wrong trust at first, so they quickly filled out another one when I certified and I didn't pay close enough attention. They transposed two of the letters in my name in one spot. So I was rejected at 11 months, filed some kind of paperwork certifying that there was a spelling error, and went to the back of the line.

That’s a huge bummer.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

That is frustrating as hell. Sorry that’s happening to you.

Certified 2/16/23, just got my approval email 10/25/23. In a trust.
Contacted my state house representative and filled out and submitted the required disclosures yesterday and approved this morning. Worth reaching out.

rangerdye

FNG
Certified 2/28/23
Approved 10/24/23
239 days

Harvester Evo. Single shot trust.

Daughter's LE elk hunt starts in 2.5 weeks, so just enough time to get it dialed in.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

rangerdye

FNG
Certified 2/28/23
Approved 10/24/23
239 days

Harvester Evo. Single shot trust.

Daughter's LE elk hunt starts in 2.5 weeks, so just enough time to get it dialed in.

So after picking up my Evo today I learned that it was actually approved on 9/26/23, almost a month ago. The Silencer Shop email was a month late on the notification email.

If you're in that low 200 day range, I suggest you login to your SS account daily to check for approval since the email might be delayed like mine was. Could have had mine for a previous hunt...

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a few weeks short of the silencer shop median wait currently on the site. The wait times being posted on here are month or so longer than that.
Hoping to at least have it for December/January Alabama hunt. Or before my friends I shoot with completely disown me and my muzzle brakes.

TX_Diver

WKR
So after picking up my Evo today I learned that it was actually approved on 9/26/23, almost a month ago. The Silencer Shop email was a month late on the notification email.

If you're in that low 200 day range, I suggest you login to your SS account daily to check for approval since the email might be delayed like mine was. Could have had mine for a previous hunt...

SS sent me an e-mail 4 months late. But the e-forms e-mail was on time so didn't really matter.

Did you not get an e-mail from the atf when your e-form status changed?

Bluefish

WKR

SS states on their website that they don’t have a way to get updated on approvals. You and the lgs should both get an email from the atf saying the status has changed. Then go get it.

rangerdye

FNG
SS sent me an e-mail 4 months late. But the e-forms e-mail was on time so didn't really matter.

Did you not get an e-mail from the atf when your e-form status changed?
No email from atf. Only one was after certification. I could have deleted it accidentally but checked junk and deleted and didn't find anything from that timeframe.

rangerdye

FNG
SS states on their website that they don’t have a way to get updated on approvals. You and the lgs should both get an email from the atf saying the status has changed. Then go get it.
That's good to know. Not sure why I didn't get the atf email...

Bluefish

WKR
That's good to know. Not sure why I didn't get the atf email...
The issue is that SS is not the transfering shop. They transfer it to your local dealer and then the dealer transfers it to you. The only people who get notified from the atf are the local shop as they one doing the transfer and you as the receiver. It also doesn’t show up on your e forms page. Only the shop you bought it from.